• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Bizzaro comes to Smallville

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, May 17, 2007, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

If you say the season finalle, lots of interresting things happened, including the Smallville version of Bizzaro.

Of course, it looks like Cloe and Lana are both dead as well.  Lana not as certain.  We also learn the basic origin of Smallville's Martian Manhunter, who was a sheriff of sorts under Jor-ell who agreed to protect Clark, but only if he got himself into something he couldn't handle.

If anyone missed it, the Smallville Bizarro is a phantom who stole Clark's DNA to create his own body.  The result looks like Clark at first and has his powers, but after being exposed to kryptonite, because stronger and takes on the classic Bizzaro look.

BentonGrey

I would like to see Bizarro on film, but I really feel like this series should have ended several seasons ago..... :unsure:

bredon7777

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 17, 2007, 08:02:47 PM
I would like to see Bizarro on film, but I really feel like this series should have ended several seasons ago..... :unsure:

There were really only two directions they could've taken in after the incredibly lame fourth season:

End it.

Open it up by expanding Clark's role in the DCU.

They've half-heartedly gone down the second road.  They need to either clear whatever roadblocks they need to and race down that road or just end it.

Its no longer worth watching unless another DCU character is on it.

captainspud

As I've said, I gave up on this series when the ghost of a witch possessed Lana and made her run off to China.

Most of what I've heard since then has made me very happy with my decision.

Including this.

BatWing

yeah bizzaro look crazy
that episode was alright i guess

bearded

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 17, 2007, 06:44:56 PM
If you say the season finalle, lots of interresting things happened
the season finalle!!!

or do i have to say it out loud?

do you think the show would work if he actually put some kind of costume on?

catwhowalksbyhimself

I actually liked this past season.  A lot.  While he didn't quite become Superman, he did have superman-level phantom zone villians to fights against, and I don't mind the new version of Bizzaro or the Manhunter.

the_ultimate_evil

anyone any screen shots of MM or bizarro

catwhowalksbyhimself

There are pictures of both on Wikipedia.  Martian Manhunter normally appears on John Jones, however, and the one time he doesn't, it's too dark to really see anything.

Glitch Girl

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 18, 2007, 04:50:43 AM
I actually liked this past season.  A lot.  While he didn't quite become Superman, he did have superman-level phantom zone villians to fights against, and I don't mind the new version of Bizzaro or the Manhunter.
Yeah, it was much improved over rotten season four. I like the direction including more comic-book type conflicts and introducing more DCU characters. 

Alaric

:spoiler:

I've only caught a handfull of episodes this year, myself- including the last one. I have to say, after this episode, if they try to keep Clark out of the costume for the whole next season, it will make absolutely no sense...

Interesting twist on Bizarro.

Can anyone explain to me what happened in that Lois/Chloe scene? It made no sense to me at all.

It bothers me that Lionel, much as he seems to fully be a "good guy" now, doesn't seem to feel any sense of responsibility for any of the bad things that are happening. Lex is who he is at least to some extent because of the way Lionel always treated him, and Lana's (possible) death is the direct result of the way he forced her to mary Lex without explaining why.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteCan anyone explain to me what happened in that Lois/Chloe scene? It made no sense to me at all.

What exactly didn't make sense about it?  This is a sincere question, as it builds a lot on the last several episodes and I have no idea how someone who hadn't seen them would see it.

In other news, I just found out that, as of Wednesday, that's right, the day before the season finale was aired, Smalleville was renewed for Season 7.

Alaric

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 18, 2007, 10:45:11 AM
QuoteCan anyone explain to me what happened in that Lois/Chloe scene? It made no sense to me at all.

What exactly didn't make sense about it?  This is a sincere question, as it builds a lot on the last several episodes and I have no idea how someone who hadn't seen them would see it.

In other news, I just found out that, as of Wednesday, that's right, the day before the season finale was aired, Smalleville was renewed for Season 7.

I'm talking about the scene where Chloe finds Lois aparently dead. What happened there?

Note that I haven't watched the show regularly for... several seasons, I guess.

Shogunn2517

Chloe is a meteor freak...  She found this out a few months ago and never knew what her ability was.

Frankly, I still don't know, but she did switch places with Lois appearently.  I do have to say of all of the characters on the show I expect Chloe to die.  And if indeed this is it, I thought it would be different.  I would think Chloe would be the one dying the way Lois did, reaching for a story, getting caught up with Clark not being able to save her.  Lois would be inspired further to take her cousin's place and Clark will be inspired to save the "Chloe" that he sees in Lois...  With her doing her best Chloe and getting in trouble and Clark doing his best to keep her out of trouble sets up their future reltionship... agree?

catwhowalksbyhimself

I don't know--I thought it fit perfectly with Lois's personality.  In fact I like this version of Lois.  Cloe's a good character too, but not at all the same, and not nearly as apt to get herself into trouble.

It looks to me as if her meteor power allows her to give her life force to anther.  Not something you can do more than once, which is why it never came out before, despite the revelation that she's been meteor infected since a child.

Alaric

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 18, 2007, 04:38:21 PM
I don't know--I thought it fit perfectly with Lois's personality.  In fact I like this version of Lois.  Cloe's a good character too, but not at all the same, and not nearly as apt to get herself into trouble.

It looks to me as if her meteor power allows her to give her life force to anther.  Not something you can do more than once, which is why it never came out before, despite the revelation that she's been meteor infected since a child.

My confusion had nothing to do with Lois' personality. I just had no idea that Chloe had any meteor powers, so I couldn't figure out what was going on.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I wasn't addressing you when it came to Lois's personality, I was answering Shogun.

But yes, it was revealed several episodes ago by a meteor freak who was blind but could see other meteor freaks.

A little more recently, it was revealed that Cloe's mother has the power to control other meteor freaks and first used it on Cloe accidentally when she was a child.

BatWing

oh so thats what she did
i thought she switched souls with lois but i guess not

DireWolf

Oh, and anyone who thinks Lana is in fact, dead, please knock yourself upside the head for me. It's the old clasic empty car with bomb dodge. She faked her own death with help I suspect....

Glitch Girl

finally got around to seeing the episode at lunch today.

Yup, the van drive-by was a dead (pardon the pun) giveaway.  Now, whether this was Lana's idea or not, I don't know, but it's safe to say she's alive and kicking.

As for Chloe, I'm not convinced of her demise either.  She's out, possibly comatose, but nothing has said she's DOA yet.  Plus, from what I hear there was mention at one of the comic conventions this year, the may be introducing her to the DCU sometimes in the third quarter, so killing her off now would put a crimp in that plan.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm betting that his intelligence will deteriorate even as his appearance is just starting to.

catwhowalksbyhimself

This just in:  They've confirmed that Lana, Cloe, and Jimmy will all be returning.  Martha Kent will not.  Michael, who plays Lex, has said he will only stay around for one more season.  Current plans are for the show to run for a total of eight.

Pyroclasm

I remember way back when the show first started, Michael said he was most interested in his character's journey to evil rather than him a a full villain.  So I thought it is to be expected that now that Lex seems to be fully villain, that Michael may feel he's completed the journey and it's time to move on.  It'll be weird if they continue the show past next season without Micahael as Lex.  Hopefully next season is more of a transition into a "Justice League" show.