• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Need some help about sound effects

Started by captmorgan72, May 27, 2007, 10:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

I found a folder in my ffx3 folder called sounds and in that a folder called powers and in that a bunch of excellent sound effects in wave sound format. I must have downloaded these awhile ago and forgot about them. How can I use these sound effects in my FFvTTR game?

Lunarman

I'm sure these are the sounds that come with the game and are already used.

Except normally they'd be in your data folder....

captmorgan72

That is what I thought too, but I can't find the sounds in ffedit. The one I really care about using is called lightningbolt4. See if you can find it in your game. I am trying to give a lightning fx this sound effect but it is nowhere to be found in ffedit but it is there in that folder. Do I have to merge these wave files into the sound dat somehow?

Panther_Gunn

If it's in the FFX3 folder, wouldn't it be stuff that came with FFX3???   :unsure:

I'd hazard a guess that they're sound effects that are used by "built-in" effects/powers/attributes that came with FFX3.  You should also be able to assign those sounds to other FX in FFEdit by typing in the path manually (it only needs part of the path, so look at others for examples).

That being said, I don't have one of my own to look at, and haven't played with any of the tools for  :ffvstr: yet.