• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Pod's skins: Finally some releases (Dec 14/08)

Started by Podmark, December 19, 2007, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

sweeten2213

WOW!!  Those are fantastic (although Jamie's infatuation with young Layla does creep me out a little - even if he is destined to marry her  ;))

miguelyanke

YAh! POD!!! IT's A VERY GOOD JOB!!!

Can you re-paint madrox x-force arms to brown, 'cause when you put the jacket it seems still green?

Are you gonna use an all-in-one skope¿

Podmark

Thanks guys

Quote from: sweeten2213 on October 21, 2008, 11:59:50 PM
(although Jamie's infatuation with young Layla does creep me out a little - even if he is destined to marry her  ;))

I never really saw Jamie as infatuated. Seemed more on Layla's side, and probably simply because she knows the future. Either way I suspect when Layla gets back from the future she'll be a bit older.

Oh I should note that there's an alternate 'M' tattoo Layla skin just like Jamie.

Quote from: miguelyanke on October 22, 2008, 12:30:06 AM
Can you re-paint madrox x-force arms to brown, 'cause when you put the jacket it seems still green?

Are you gonna use an all-in-one skope¿

Right now I didn't colour the arms brown, but I could. I'm not totally convinced it's worth it. Sure there's a little clipping here and there, but to fix it I'd have to add another tga to the skope.

Yeah Madrox will be released as an all-In-One.

Also a little bonus for tonight. Kinda a celebration of me doing some skinning again:

Trauma of Avengers: The Initiative in his current suit look.

I literally just whipped this one together in a few minutes.

Blkcasanova247

laughing paradox

Those are really nice skins.

That Layla one looks great. I would have never expected to see her in the game.

My only suggestion would be to add the groin area on some of the Madrox skins.

AfghanAnt

I'm so happy to se Layla and Madrox completed.

A few things though I would probably paint his arms the same color as his coat so the green shirt doesn't stick out. And Layla skirt reminds me of a coffee filter. Also thought she had a plaid skirt? Adding a plaid texture could really help with the multiple pleat look of the skinning.

Outcast

The textures/details of the jackets/pants/suit/hair/faces/highlights are all very nicely done. :thumbup:

Hmmm. I'm no expert. But i think i see what AA meant about Lyla's skirt though.

Podmark

Quote from: laughing paradox on October 22, 2008, 07:31:55 AM
My only suggestion would be to add the groin area on some of the Madrox skins.

Yeah I can probably do that...

Quote from: AfghanAnt on October 22, 2008, 08:04:26 AM
I'm so happy to se Layla and Madrox completed.

A few things though I would probably paint his arms the same color as his coat so the green shirt doesn't stick out. And Layla skirt reminds me of a coffee filter. Also thought she had a plaid skirt? Adding a plaid texture could really help with the multiple pleat look of the skinning.

Ok I'll paint the arms then.

Interesting point about the skirt. In her earlier appearances her skirt was plaid, but under Raimondi (who is my favorite artist on X-Factor) it's been blue. I guess I could do an alt version. I'll change the coffee filter issue too.

Quote from: Outcast on October 22, 2008, 08:43:14 AM
The textures/details of the jackets/pants/suit/hair/faces/highlights are all very nicely done. :thumbup:

I'm very proud of Madrox's face, spent a lot of time on it and I think it's my best along with Traumas. Layla's face is a little more generic, but I'm still not a skilled with female face editing.

shadd421

Awesome work as usual Pod. My only suggestion maybe shrink Layla's eyes a little bit? Looks a little like an anime character, but that could be because I'm not used to seeing many child meshes. X-Factor has got to be one of the most consistently entertaining books out there. Now your going to force me to turn blob shadows on so I can get the clone attribute to work without floating mesh pieces all over the place...

djfredski

:D i was alway a Madrox fan. :D :D :thumbup:

Dr.Volt

These are great!  Madrox's Excalibur outfit really takes me back those days when I used to collect it.  *sigh*  Those were the days.  :)

Podmark

Quote from: shadd421 on October 22, 2008, 01:38:54 PM
Awesome work as usual Pod. My only suggestion maybe shrink Layla's eyes a little bit? Looks a little like an anime character, but that could be because I'm not used to seeing many child meshes.

Already shrunk the eyes once, but it'll be very easy to shrink them more. I'll see how it looks and get back to ya.

Quote from: Dr.Volt on October 22, 2008, 04:50:05 PM
These are great!  Madrox's Excalibur outfit really takes me back those days when I used to collect it.  *sigh*  Those were the days.  :)

Madrox was never on Excalibur... :huh:

For the record the skins are modern X-Factor Madrox (4 skins - coat and eye variations), 90s X-Factor Madrox (wearing the costume he wore when I first read the book, a remake of one of my early skins), and X-Corps Madrox (another remake).

Going to work on those suggestions, then do something new. Likely targets are either Crusader or Anole.

USAgent

I love that classic trench coat Maddrox the best, I always wanted a replacement for a very old skin I am using on the male hunter mesh and thats definatly it!

It does look like the top of the belts have been cut off of the 2 green shirt versions though.

Podmark

Quote from: USAgent on October 22, 2008, 08:12:18 PM
It does look like the top of the belts have been cut off of the 2 green shirt versions though.

Thats intentional. I was trying to to make it look as if his shirt is untucked. I did the same thing with my first Trauma skin.

UnkoMan

Personally, when my shirt is untucked it goes further and covers my belt entirely. A way around this? The half tucked shirt. You see belt detail but still get that casual feel.

Also, gotta say I'm really liking the hair on Madrox and Trauma. Especially Trauma. In fact... where's that from? I might need to steal it.

Podmark

Quote from: UnkoMan on October 22, 2008, 10:55:59 PM
Also, gotta say I'm really liking the hair on Madrox and Trauma. Especially Trauma. In fact... where's that from? I might need to steal it.

The hair on Trauma is from Tommy's World War Hulk and Ink's Nightcrawler. Feel free to grab it right off the skope if need be as it's pretty heavily resized.

Lunarman

Dr.Volt

Quote from: Podmark on October 22, 2008, 07:43:22 PM
Quote from: shadd421 on October 22, 2008, 01:38:54 PM
Awesome work as usual Pod. My only suggestion maybe shrink Layla's eyes a little bit? Looks a little like an anime character, but that could be because I'm not used to seeing many child meshes.

Already shrunk the eyes once, but it'll be very easy to shrink them more. I'll see how it looks and get back to ya.

Quote from: Dr.Volt on October 22, 2008, 04:50:05 PM

Madrox was never on Excalibur... :huh:

For the record the skins are modern X-Factor Madrox (4 skins - coat and eye variations), 90s X-Factor Madrox (wearing the costume he wore when I first read the book, a remake of one of my early skins), and X-Corps Madrox (another remake).

Going to work on those suggestions, then do something new. Likely targets are either Crusader or Anole.

Whoops!  My bad.  :lol:  Oh too right, Podmark!  It's X-Factor not X-Caliber!  It was back in the 90's when the line up was Havok, Polaris, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane, and Madrox (whose name I think was Multiple Man at the time).  I have no idea what the roll call of that group was after like...oh....1996.  Any how, sorry for the confusion with the UK team.     :P

Podmark

Yeah Jamie is still Multiple Man, he just more commonly goes by Madrox. It's a cool last name. If my name was Madrox thats what I'd want people to call me.

Mystik

any chance we'll see more 90's xfactor? or men in suits? (stark, Osborn etc?)

edit: and maybe a blind lawyer (got an idea for a skope all of a sudden)

Podmark

90's X-Factor? Not right now. Guys in suits I can do though. I have plans to do Xavier in a suit soonish.

Mystik

Podmark

Jakew

Those are some crisp-looking Multiple Men. Nice work!  :thumbup: (note to self: catch up on X-Men reading).

R.O.M

I like these madrox skins cant wait to download :)

Podmark

Quote from: R.O.M on October 24, 2008, 06:37:47 AM
I like these madrox skins cant wait to download :)

I have to do touch ups so it might not be til next week time allowing. Also I should note that rather than going straight to touchups I've started a new skin. Layla took alot out of me, needed to do something fresh for a bit.

daglob

Quote from: Mystik on October 23, 2008, 09:15:25 PM
any chance we'll see more 90's xfactor? or men in suits? (stark, Osborn etc?)

edit: and maybe a blind lawyer (got an idea for a skope all of a sudden)

I just released The Man with the Golden Gun in a suit. I'm working on a couple of men from U.N.C.L.E., both of whom will be in suits (although Illya was somewhat more casula than Napoleon). Now, I wonder if I should do me some James Bonds...

Podmark

No it's not Xavin.

Or Hulkling.

Or Jazinda.

Or Lyja

[spoiler]
It's the Crusader from Avengers: The Initiative

I have no idea but I've grown to love the Crusader since his introduction in A:TI, I hope he survives Secret Invasion. I'm not even sure what it is about him I like. Name and costume are lame, he's a skrull which wouldn't be neat without SI, I do like the Freedom Ring and the continuity the character carries, the scar's kinda cool but it's gone now. Well whatever I've throughly enjoyed the character and have been meaning to skin him for months.

Comments/suggestions welcome[/spoiler]

Next I'll finish touchups on the Madrox's, and get them uploaded. After that we'll see.

murs47

Yes!

I was really hoping someone would skin him. One of my favorites in the Initiative series since SI began. You did a bang up job here Pod. Especially love the details in the Skrull face.

Question: A few issues back they explained his origin with Freedom Ring and all, but is there a mini-series or something? I'd really like to find out more about this character.

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on November 05, 2008, 11:46:29 PM
Yes!

I was really hoping someone would skin him. One of my favorites in the Initiative series since SI began. You did a bang up job here Pod. Especially love the details in the Skrull face.

Question: A few issues back they explained his origin with Freedom Ring and all, but is there a mini-series or something? I'd really like to find out more about this character.

Freedom Ring and Crusader both debuted in the last arc of Robert Kirkman's Marvel Team-Up. I've never read it though.

|