• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Pod's skins: Finally some releases (Dec 14/08)

Started by Podmark, December 19, 2007, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

detourne_me

Sweet!
you're doing the whole team in this new style?  (most excited about pixie and anole)

love the Gyrich skin too.

Previsionary

very nice, pod. The spoiler skin is tres cool. Can't wait to see the whole team...

*blocks out mod ideas*

Podmark

Yeah I'll be doing the whole team, whole school eventually I hope. To this end I have enlisted an ally to help.

Most of the skopes for the main team are done or close to, the male uniform is skinned, but I still have to do the female version. Anole gave me a ton of trouble for various reasons but his skope is finished now. Pixie on the other hand is a completely different story. I need to find the proper hair and find a way to pull off the soul dagger. Suggestions are appreciated.

miguelyanke

djfredski

AfghanAnt

Great job on Rockslide but Pixie's hair why not use two Rogue's curly ponytails from the Carey skope and turn them on their side so they appear like they were going upward. Or possibly use Ink's Tempest hair plus pieces from Scarlet Witch's hair for curliness.

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on March 26, 2008, 05:51:22 PM
Great job on Rockslide but Pixie's hair why not use two Rogue's curly ponytails from the Carey skope and turn them on their side so they appear like they were going upward. Or possibly use Ink's Tempest hair plus pieces from Scarlet Witch's hair for curliness.

Good ideas. You told me about the tempest one before and I'll try that when I finally start the skope. Hopefully I can get something that looks fairly decent.

billdamn22

Love the skope and the skin of my favorite of the new X-men. Can't wait to see Anole. :thumbup:

Podmark

skope and skin updates to Elixir:

I badly had to do this because I lost all my gold based Elixir psds in my crash way back. Luckily I still had the black version for the second uniform. Skopes include a new hair piece that was inspired by AA's work. These will be up shortly.

For my next trick I'm going to try and pull off the mobile darkness version.

And a little preview:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

miguelyanke

LOVE ALL 'EM!!!!!!!

Specially the last one! ^_^

(Why don't you create other skin spoted black over gold)

Podmark

Quote from: miguelyanke on March 30, 2008, 06:28:18 AM

I'm trying something very cool for that one. I'm trying to figure out animated textures so the blackness will actually move around.

djfredski

Podmark

An update and a new skin:

I seem to be in an update mood lately. First I did Elixir and today I have Prodigy. On the right is a new skin of his bullet proof vest look he sported against Nimrod and a few odd appearances.

No preview of the new uniform this time, but it is in the work. I'm still playing with it though, the hair is giving me some difficulties.

Prodigy and Elixir will be sometime this week.

miguelyanke

Quote from: Podmark on March 30, 2008, 12:50:39 PM
Quote from: miguelyanke on March 30, 2008, 06:28:18 AM

I'm trying something very cool for that one. I'm trying to figure out animated textures so the blackness will actually move around.

AS a gif?!!!! ºOº!!!!

I think the Bullet proof looks no realistic, could you add more lines to this?
something like thies

AfghanAnt

As much as I love Prodigy I could never understand why he got to stay and Dani was forced to leave.

Podmark

Quote from: miguelyanke on March 31, 2008, 04:35:11 AM
AS a gif?!!!! ºOº!!!!

Well not quite a gif, but it's a similar concept. Hopefully I can figure it out.

Quote from: miguelyanke on March 31, 2008, 04:35:11 AM
I think the Bullet proof looks no realistic, could you add more lines to this?
something like thies

I'm going to be keeping to the design in the comic, as accuracy has always been my number one priority. However I will probably do a little alterations to make it look a little less flat.

Quote from: AfghanAnt on March 31, 2008, 08:06:37 AM
As much as I love Prodigy I could never understand why he got to stay and Dani was forced to leave.

Yeah there were a few logic issues at the beginning of Yost and Kyle's run. They wanted Dani out and fast, but their method was off.

Podmark

Wow been a while. I finished school and have returned home and was busy for a while and got away from skinning. So I'm starting to get back into it again. The Prodigy and Elixir skins shown above should be released soon as I started some tweaks tonight.

Anyway here's a preview:

Decibel (aka Chamber) from the current New Warriors.

I did these two before my break. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Here's some reference art for comparison http://www.comicvine.com/decibel/29-2244/earth-616-decibel/108-11211/

But I have one specific question to ask: should Jono be on a teen sized mesh? He currently is, but the character has to be at least 18 and more likely is 20-21 at this point.

UnfluffyBunny

in my oppinion looks too young for Jono, my impression was more mid to late 20's kinda look personaly, I like the fact you're doing 2 versions :) decibels currently my fave new warrior ^_^

AfghanAnt

I agree with Syn on all points. I'd use male_basic or something similar he got to be at least 22 (last time I checked Jubilee was roughly 21 and she was the youngest GenXer). Fantastic work on skinning him though.  :thumbup:

miguelyanke

'yupe, dunno the age, but in day M jubes looks older than 21, so a i think male_basic could be the perfect verison.

Did you tryed changing actual skirt to AA_x3_phoenix....

are you going to do this version: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18265/376632-33308-decibel_super.jpg

I think it could be easier.

Podmark

Ok then Jono will be switched to a new mesh. To be honest I was never really sure why I started the skin on a teen sized mesh. I think maybe I was getting too used to it.

There's a few tweaks I'm already thinking about, and I did start a skope for his second New Warriors costume. He's my favorite New Warrior too, but wow my opinion of that book has just been plummeting.

Any skope suggestions are welcome.

miguelyanke

let me sent you a new neklace ^_^, pm your mail and tonight i'll send ya

Previsionary

Um...ok, when you start using Jubilee as an age reference...there are problems. That girl could turn out to be 10 again next week, going through puberty, and back in elementary school. It's her secondary mutation.

Anyway, glad you're tackling a new chamber skin. I may not read New Warriors, but I can always appreciate a Chamber skin. ^^

the_ultimate_evil

plus if you switch to a male basic, use the jeans from syns logan+

you two are really putting me to shame with your output

Podmark

Quote from: miguelyanke on June 19, 2008, 11:02:51 AM
let me sent you a new neklace ^_^, pm your mail and tonight i'll send ya

Cool.

Quote from: Previsionary on June 19, 2008, 12:15:29 PM
Um...ok, when you start using Jubilee as an age reference...there are problems. That girl could turn out to be 10 again next week, going through puberty, and back in elementary school. It's her secondary mutation.

Anyway, glad you're tackling a new chamber skin. I may not read New Warriors, but I can always appreciate a Chamber skin. ^^

lol yes age in Marvel can be a fickle thing.
I might do some more (normal) Chamber skins sometime in the future.

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on June 19, 2008, 12:21:02 PM
plus if you switch to a male basic, use the jeans from syns logan+

you two are really putting me to shame with your output

Hmm I've been looking for a good pants alternative...could my search be over?

murs47

Yeah, the face does look bit younger then it should. But, everything else looks spot on. Good work so far Pod. :thumbup:

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on June 20, 2008, 06:42:06 AM
Yeah, the face does look bit younger then it should. But, everything else looks spot on. Good work so far Pod. :thumbup:

Yeah the face looked annoyingly young to me. I'm really not sure why I started on a teen mesh.

Podmark

Elixir and Prodigy have been released on funtastic new all-in-one skopes! Elixir includes the new uniform skin. My skinning time is too erratic lately for me to wait til the whole team is done. You'll have to wait for Prodigy's team uniform though, it's not done yet.

Despite my best attempts I couldn't update the front page without breaking the formatting, so hopefully AA can take care of that at some point.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on June 22, 2008, 02:03:27 AMDespite my best attempts I couldn't update the front page without breaking the formatting, so hopefully AA can take care of that at some point.

No, problem. I've got a few things to get on the site today I'll update before 12 Central time.

miguelyanke

ohh i love it!!! ^_^ the new x-men costume (white and black) is wonderful!!! ^_^

|