• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

How do I install new fx in FFvTTR?

Started by SingleMalt, March 03, 2007, 02:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SingleMalt

I see a lot of nice fx that I want in my game. How do I install it? Thanks.

Lunarman

SingleMalt

Ok, I followed the instructions exactly and the fx are not showing up in the list ingame. Does this only work for Freedom Force? I noticed that the path is C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force\Data.
I bet the effect UltCap_sheildthrow is available in  Freedom Force but how do I get it in FFvTTR?

catwhowalksbyhimself

You're using the wrong FFEdit.  If you want to install FX into FFvTTR, you need to install and use FFEdit 2 for FFvTTR.  The FF1 version won't work.

SingleMalt

I installed the correct version this time but I am still having trouble. I followed the instructions and the fx does show up ingame but only the last part of it. I was trying to install ult_capthrow but everything is blank except the end of the fx. What am I doing wrong?

Previsionary

if only the end is appearing and nothing else shows up...it sounds like the start/core.nifs are blank or are corrupted; but, I can't say for sure without installing it myself.

Try listing the steps you followed and maybe someone can help you.

SingleMalt

Here is what I am doing.

1) Place the TGA files in the Data\Art\library\fx\_textures directory

2) Place the UltCap_shieldthrow FX folder (containing core.nif and end.nif) in your

Data\Art\library\fx\generic directory.

-Open the FFeditor & select the FX tab

1) On the bottom right hand corner, click the New button
2) In the FX Details section, type or copy:
Name: UltCap_shieldthrow
Nif Base: library\fx\generic\UltCap_shieldthrow
Attack Type: Ranged
Attack Sub Type: Projectile
3) In the bottom right hand corner, click Save. The FX should now show up on the list.
4) Select UltCap_shieldthrow (the FX you just created) from the list on the left
5) In the Node Attachment Points section:
Start: Weapon Point
Core: Weapon Point  *Track Rot ON*
End: leave blank
6) In the bottom right hand corner, click Save

Select the Sounds tab of the editor.
To choose sounds for yourself, browse the list to the left and select the file you want in place of fx_SOUNDFILE_1, fx_SOUNDFILE_2, etc.

1) Select fx_SOUNDFILE_1 from the list on the left.
2) Rename it fx_UltCap_shieldthrow_1.
3) Hit new - it should now show up on the list.

4) Selectfx_flying_man_bot_1 from the list on the left.
5) Rename it fx_UltCap_shieldthrow_2.
6) Hit new - it should now show up on the list.

7) Select collision_flesh_metal from the list on the left.
8 ) Rename it fx_UltCap_shieldthrow_3.
9) Hit new - it should now show up on the list.

10) Save the scheme.

I do all of this and the only part of the fx that shows up is the last part of it. The rest is just black.

Previsionary

that means there's something wrong with the nif or it just won't work correctly in FFVTTR. Since I don't have ff1 installed, i can't see if it works in game, but according to the nifviewer, it's just a black plane. You probably need to choose a new fx since this one seems to be problematic. Or, at the very least, replace the core.nif with one that works if you feel up to the minor challenge.

joemama

SingleMalt:

I've had the same problem with FF1 fx in FFVTTR: some just don't work.

I don't know the technical reason behind it, and never tried to convert the nifs.

If you get it working please post here.

JM