• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Rikti Responders (group idea)

Started by BlueBard, July 26, 2007, 09:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

For those characters of insufficient level to enter the war zone or participate in the task force...

What about gathering a group together heroside one evening on Virtue or Freedom to chase down Rikti invaders?  We could even coordinate with TF runs by higher-level characters to trigger zone invasions.  (We could do a villainside group another evening, if desired.)

We can set up a channel and have several teams running.  Some teams could be Bomb Squad and others could be Point Defense to protect the Bomb Squad folks from spawning Rikti.  Toons with Recall Friend and fast travel powers would really help.

And does anyone know if anyone has been able to bring down a dropship?  I know they're targetable, but I haven't seen it done yet.  That would be kind of cool, too.

Comments?  Interest?

DMenacer

Quote from: BlueBard on July 26, 2007, 09:56:52 AM
For those characters of insufficient level to enter the war zone or participate in the task force...

What about gathering a group together heroside one evening on Virtue or Freedom to chase down Rikti invaders?  We could even coordinate with TF runs by higher-level characters to trigger zone invasions.  (We could do a villainside group another evening, if desired.)

We can set up a channel and have several teams running.  Some teams could be Bomb Squad and others could be Point Defense to protect the Bomb Squad folks from spawning Rikti.  Toons with Recall Friend and fast travel powers would really help.

And does anyone know if anyone has been able to bring down a dropship?  I know they're targetable, but I haven't seen it done yet.  That would be kind of cool, too.

Comments?  Interest?

Tried attacking a dropship in steel with a lvl 21 fire blaster. I caused no damage and was almost dead after only 3 hits from it. Maybe a lvl 50 might be able to hurt it but as for bringing one down, I don't think its possible.

El Condor

This was accomplished on test before I10 went live.  It was done by a huge group of heroes (I think like 50+) who slowed and debuffed the ship until it was practically standing still, then slammed away at it until it went down.  Since then, I think the devs have made the ship harder to slow.  In any case, no single hero (or villain) could possibly take a ship alone.  It would be like trying to solo a Giant Monster.

EC

BlueBard

As a modification of this idea the Responders could hang out in an SG base, theirs or a coalition base, with teleporters to most of the zones that might be hit by an attack.

That would make it a little easier to move between attacking zones.  And we could just shoot the breeze in between and have a chat party.

If still no interest, I'll just let this topic die a slow, agonizing, ignominious death.