• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

the shield helicarrier

Started by Mystik, January 23, 2008, 12:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystik

okay hypothetically speaking if I wanted skope the shield helicarrier how should it be represented? how big is it? is it smaller than pans island?
should it be like a large floating building_obj somewhere on map that chars can fly on deck ( think negative zone map) or should  it the whole map ( think pans island or that skyscraper map)

BentonGrey

The whole map, and PLEASE do this, I need something like this for a story TR.  Skyscrapper size should do pretty well.

Previsionary

the 616 helicarrier is fairly large. There's some concept pics of it in MUA (assuming you have the game and the actual art collected) and possibly on XML2 (doubt it).

More pics are here:

http://www.iconian.com/fury/heli.html

here:

http://marvel.com/universe/S.H.I.E.L.D._Helicarrier

here:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/shieldhelicarrier.htm

or here:

http://home.gate.net/~furyofshield/shield/weapons/helicarrier.html

Just to give a few resources of the various and many hellicarriers that have been made and used in the comics.

tommyboy

Take the aircraft carrier from FF.
Make it fly.
=helicarrier.

GogglesPizanno

Since I've been going map crazy on the conversions, I've actually started attempting to do some new terrains from scratch as an experiment. One of them was an attempt at a helicarrier.

Its nowhere near ready for primetime yet, but I can some post some early rough in progress shots when I get home... provided the leak in my sink hasn't flooded the house.

GogglesPizanno

OK, here is what I was working on for a helicarrier terrain.
My 3D skills are pretty basic, and Its kinda like an aircraft carrier with hover engines, But you get the idea.
Who knows if I'll ever finish it as its in my mostly unfinished pile. But who knows.
I really need to get the map pack finished first anyway... :rolleyes:

Model:

In FFEdit (with dramatic fish eye lens effect!):

Mystik

very nice , this is what i was gonna start with
[spoiler][/spoiler]

but you got it covered       

GogglesPizanno

I dont know... I like that skope.
Yours definitely has a more streamlined hard edged look -- which I like.
Maybe make the textures a bit more generic (just metal plating or something) so it looks more like a single ship as opposed to two duplicates.

Plus yours are already textured...
and finished...
So from that standpoint... I think YOU got it covered  :D

BentonGrey

Hey Thor, I didn't know you could do stuff like that with the aircraft carrier.  Is there anyway we could see that we could get it combined with, say, the Oil Rigs map for a certain Aquatic hero to board?

Mystik

googles would you mind letting me skope yours under mine

GogglesPizanno

Quotegoogles would you mind letting me skope yours under mine

Sure not a problem...
Mine isn't UV mapped or textured or anything.
But I can send you the .OBJ file if you want.

Just PM me your email address and I'll send along what I've got and you can use it however you like.

BentonGrey

Ohhh!  Sooo awesome!  When you finish that, Thor, I could really use it for my Brave and the Bold storyline.

herodad1

Mystik

GogglesPizanno

Yeah, I just sent you a new link....

Mystik

crimsonquill

:drool: OMG! *faints*

Wow... I definitly like the newest version of the Helicarrier better.. and big thanks to Pizanno for his addition.  :thumbup:

Now I can't wait to get this map up and running so I can have big battles in the sky.

Question: I assume you might add a cloud layer like the "Destroy The Tower" map.. so if characters get knocked off the Helicarrier they will fall into the clouds to their squishy death on the ground far far below (unless they can fly back up of course).

- CrimsonQuill

GogglesPizanno

Man, I had my doubts... but that looks cool.
Id actually just add one of the skyspheres instead of the sky "walls" and then maybe a cloud layer just below and above.

BentonGrey

Wow.......that....that is so far beyond awesome, I hardly know what to say...

Mystik

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

another update, now I'm gonna work on the details like the textures and stuff, I could really use a shield logo texture to replace all the 65s
Quote from: crimsonquill on January 26, 2008, 04:48:31 PM
.. and big thanks to Pizanno for his addition.  :thumbup:

crimsonquill

Quote from: Thor Reborn on January 26, 2008, 06:20:17 PM
another update, now I'm gonna work on the details like the textures and stuff, I could really use a shield logo texture to replace all the 65s

I did some quick searching for a possible SHIELD logo and came up with this...

Two are just 50x50.. but I'll look around for something more detailed and bigger.

- CrimsonQuill

stumpy

Maybe you could do something with

or (slightly more nautical)

Both are just tweaked screen caps from the FF HQ.

(Back to lurking... :ph34r:)

GogglesPizanno

Mystik

thats pretty nice googles, I wonder if anyone could convert that into a tga for me

Previsionary

If you have photoshop or any other program that can produce/convert-to tgas...then you can technically do it yourself. Just make sure to credit the site you're taking the texture from.

Mystik

Quote from: ips on January 31, 2008, 10:29:04 AM
shield logo in a tga - http://jamis.hostopia.com/shield.tga.zip - clicky

thank you 4 helping but  it doesnt seem to work (all of it is alphaed out) - I think its because its black

Mystik

ok so i lost this file and I wanna recreate it. I have a terrible memory and i am not sure if i sent it to anyone to test it. If googles I was hoping you still had that obj file saved and you could resend it

GogglesPizanno

Oh i got it somewhere...
I'll try and track it down. Maybe it'll motivate me to finish some stuff....

.. Oh who am I kidding.

BentonGrey

Hey Mystik, the Brave and Bold campaign wherein I was hoping to use that helicarrier is on hold for the moment, but I definitely still want to see that sucker restored.  Good luck!

Mystik

googles could you e-mail the file to malikbell700@msn.com