• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The DCUG Back on Track!

Started by BentonGrey, February 19, 2007, 02:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

BentonGrey

Thanks Thor Reborn!  I never dreamed that my little project would engender so much interest.  It's really great to have so many people offering their help and saying how excited they are about it.  As far as FX and objects, I'm certain that I'll need some, I just haven't gotten quite far enough to figure out what is needed at the moment.  For example, I'm using several FX from FF1 that I've converted, or combined, and I don't have any permission to release them.  So, between testing and the final release, we'll need to figure out what to do with some of those.

I'll tell you what I could use right at the moment, maps.  If any of the map makers would feel like making some DC themed maps, especially some underwater ones for Aquaman, that would be awesome.  Even better, would be someone volunteering to convert some of the great FF1 maps.  I know about Ren's tutorial to convert all of the FF1 stuff, I just don't really have to time to work on it right now.  I intend to do it eventually, but if someone volunteers that understands the process better, it'll save me slogging through it.

For those skinners who have so kindly volunteered to help me, I've come across something for you.  I have been reading Alex Ross' Justice, and I really love how he portrayed the Cheeta.  It actually makes sense that she could be a threat to WW if she's empowered by dark gods.  I'd like to see a skin of her in her more classic costume, maybe on a VX hex so we can use the brute_kf's.  She doesn't need the cheetas head, or the ill fitting costume, but the stiches and the lines on her face would be a nice touch.  Here is a shot of it:

http://www.superherotimes.com/news/images/pic_lrgalexrosscheetah.jpg
http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/JLA/pdAFJLA0004.jpg

Thanks guys, I'll crosspost this in the requests section.

the_ultimate_evil

if you wish to use any of my skins let me know and i'll try and help as much as i can

BentonGrey

Thanks TUE, I believe I'm currently using more than a few of your skins :).

kkhohoho

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 23, 2007, 03:54:41 PM
Okay guys, just thought that I'd post an update for those who are curious:

First off, I've been putting off finishing a hand full of voicepacks, and I think I'll stop wasting time and do those tonight.  As far as characters being built-in, here's where we stand:

I have finished: Batman villains, flash villains, GL villains, Hawkman villains, and some of the general DC characters.  What is left?

General JLA villains, Superman villains, GL's, JLU, TT (and their villains), various henchmen, and a few supporting characters.

I'd say I'm roughly....half way done, maybe better.

I might finish this weekend, but we have a couple parties to go to and such, so I may not.  However, testers, if you could be ready to start testing the characters and powers (NOT the descriptions yet, they'll be added while you're testing) by the beginning of next week, that'd be awesome.  That means make sure you have a clean, working install of FF2....and...ugh...some free time ;)

Cat, if you'll send me a PM on how I should pack everything up and how I might go about uploading it to your site, that'd be awesome.

Will the meshes and skins be included in the download?

BentonGrey

Hey KKhohoho, yes, although, this will DEFFINELTY be an alpha, so I will have some placehoder skins and meshes.

Shazam

kkhohoho

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 25, 2007, 10:31:31 AM
Hey KKhohoho, yes, although, this will DEFFINELTY be an alpha, so I will have some placehoder skins and meshes.

By the way, I keep on forgetting what an aplha is.  Don't ask me why.  But none the less, I'll test both Alpha and Beta.

BentonGrey

Haha, that's alright.  A beta is a non-finished version, right?  Well, an alpha is an even MORE non-finished version.  As far as the release goes, I thought that I'd be able to finish it today, but my wife spent most of the day using my computer to do research for her classes, so I still have some characters to do.  It's basically just down to a few League members, the Titans, (which are going to take a while because of Beast Boy :blink:) and their villains.  I may actually leave the Titan villains 'till next release.  I don't have herofiles for a number of them, so I'd have to build them from scratch, which would take longer than I really want to spend before I can call the alpha finished.  We'll see, I may still finish it tonight, so keep your eyes open in the next few days.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote(which are going to take a while because of Beast Boy blink)

The New Teen Titans mod did a pretty good job with him.  If you still have  :ff: maybe you ought to check it out.

BentonGrey

Thanks Cat, I am actually using that mod for my blueprint for all of the titans, it's just a matter of entering in all of his powers and alt-forms by hand.  It's a matter of time and effort, rather than inspiration.  That's one thing that I'm thankful about with this quasi-mod, I'm deffinetly standing on the shoulders of a whole crowd of giants in putting it together.

Hey Cat, I've got a question for you, as an experienced modder, can I safely delete all of the FF built-ins?

BentonGrey

Okay, KS asked me to give him a list of the included characters, so that he might make suggestions in case I left out any of his favorites, and I thought that I would give the rest of you the chance to do the same thing.  Included characters are as follows:

[spoiler]Metamorpho
Batgirl
Big Barda
Catwoman
Comissioner Gordon
Grey Ghost (MAYBE)
Harvey Bullock
Huntress
Lobo
Officer Montoya (MAYBE)
The Question
Beast Boy
Aqualad
Cyborg
Kid Flash
Raven
Robin
Starfire
Vigilante
GL Arisa
GL Arkkis Chummuck
GL Guy Gardner
GL Jade (may be removed later)
GL Kilowog
GL Kyle Raynor (good chance he may be removed)
GL Tomar-re
Atom Smasher
Black Lightning
The Creeper
Deadman
Doctor Fate
Dove
Etrigan
Fire
Firestorm
Hawk
Ice
Katana
Steel
Superboy
Vixen
Wildcat
Zatanna
Brother Blood
Circe
Fluronic Man (probably not in first release)
Metallo
Copperhead
Fire Trolls (Denizen of the deep, occasional foes of Aquaman)
Major Force
Man-Bat
Merlyn
Black Manta
Flying Fish (corny Aquaman foe)
Ocean Master
The Scavenger
The Shark
Bane
Clayface
Clock King
Harley Quinn
Killer Croc
Mad Hatter (won't be finished until Tap releases his hex/skin)
Mr Freeze
Penguin
Poison Ivy
Professor Hugo Strange (MAYBE)
R'as Al Ghul
Riddler
Scarecrow
The Joker
Two-Face
Ubu
Ventriloquist
Deesad
Dr. Bedlam
Granny Goodness
Kalibak
Kanto
Lashina
Mad Harriet
Parademon
Steppenwolf
Stompa
Vermin Vunderbarr
Captain Boomerang
Captain Cold
Doctor Alchemy
Gorilla Grodd
Heat Wave
Mirror Master
Professor Zoom
The Toyman (Including summonable toy minions, but not for Alpha)
Trickster
Weather Wizard
Black Hand
Doctor Light
Gold Face
Sinestro
Sonar
Star Sapphire
The Shade
Thunderers of Qward
Chronos
Gentleman Ghost
Shadow Thief (still need alt. form skin of Carl Sands)
Sportsmaster
Tigress
Amazo
Atomic Skull
Black Adam
Cheetah (KS has expressed intrest in the skin)
Despero
Eclipso
Psycho-Pirate
Solomon Grundy
Ultra-Humanite
Bronze Tiger
Cluemaster
Coutn Vertigo
Deadshot
Geomancer
Nightshade
Rick Flag (not in traditional look, my own re-design, you might say)
Silent Majority
Vulcan
Bizarro
Braniac
Darkseid
Doomsday
Lex Luthor
Mongul
Parasite
Deathstroke
Gizmo
Houngan
Mammoth
Monsieur Mallah
The Brain
Plasmus
Psimon
Terra
Warp
Aquaman (swimming and on land, maybe classic and modern)
Atom
Batman (not driver enabled for Alpha, but deffinetly for beta)
Black Canary
Blue Beetle
Booster Gold
Captain Atom
Captain Marvel
Elongated Man (I still think Gumshoe is a better name)
Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern (Hal, the one true one, as far as I am concerned)
Hawkgirl
Hawkman (Unless C6 gets inspired to update his skins to TB's mesh, we'll need new skins for the Hawks)
GL Jon Stewart (I have to admit, JLU made me like him)
Martian Manhunter
Mister Miracle (a personal favorite)
Orion
Plastic Man
Red Tornado
Robin (same as Bats, may also see mesh change)
Shining Knight
Superman
Wonder Woman
Lightray (maybe not in Alpha)[/spoiler]

There you are, if there are any characters that you love and I have left off, let me know and I will consider them for the Beta.  I will NEVER include Nightwing or Jason Todd in any form, also, not the new Batwoman, other than that, a lot of things are open for discussion.

detourne_me

sorry if this was addressed previously,  but is this mod going to be a version of FFX3.2 with new dat files, voicepacks and some cosmetic changes (ie. music, title screen changes),  or will this include meshes too?

i'm assuming youre not including meshes, so im wondering about the mesh listing for the characters,  will you also specify keyframes to be used?

kkhohoho

Pretty good list  The only character I have a problem with is Robin.  If he didn't become Nightwing, then he at least should no longer be Batman's sidekick, but his partner, and he should be wearing a full suit, not just a shirt and green underwear. I don't see a grown up Dick Grayson wearing green undies in public.

BentonGrey

It's Dick Grayson from Batman:TAS, and he's Batman's partner, more than sidekick.  It's pretty much the B:TAS dynamic I'm shooting for.

http://www.darkknight.ca/images/heroes/robin.gif

Yeah DM, this is basically just .dat files and meshes/skins.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteHey Cat, I've got a question for you, as an experienced modder, can I safely delete all of the FF built-ins?

As far as I know, yes.

UnkoMan

Since you've got Monsieur Mallah and The Brain (and Beast Boy), how about some Doom Patrol action? I'm thinking Negative Man, Robotman, Elasti-Girl, and maybe Mento. The Chief doesn't need to be in there... then again you do have Gordon.

BentonGrey

Thanks Unko, I actually have meshes for Mento and Elasti-Girl, but I couldn't find anything for Negative man.......didn't really want to have only part of the team.  If someone knows of one, I'll add them all in for the beta.

detourne_me

for negative man there is a VX mesh for his energy form and Ozzrif had done a great skin of him all bandaged up!

kssaints

Bent if you don't have anyone doing Robotman I'd like to tackle him as well.
Kssaints

catwhowalksbyhimself

There are actually a couple of meshes with skins for him already.

But another one wouldn't hurt, I suppose.

kssaints

I knew there were some out there but I have been wanting to do Cliff Steel for a while. Plus in answer to something Bent said earlier that he needed "Shadow Thief (still need alt. form skin of Carl Sands)". Hey bro tell me if this needs anything.

BentonGrey

Perfect, KS to the rescue again!  Ha, thanks man.  Yeah, feel free to take a crack at Robotman, but I would keep him on the back burner for a few days, as I can't add the Patrol in until the beta anyway.  DM, where can I find that skin?

BentonGrey

Bah!  Ha, I forgot all of the heroes that I had added into my FFvTTR herofiles, so I've spent this afternoon adding them in.  They include Fire, Ice, Wildcat, Steel, and some others.  Now, I'm down to the most time consuming of the various characters that I've put off, but I literally on have a handful left.  I'm HOPING that I can finish these tonight, and if KS is able to finish the handfull of skins and such he's working on tomorrow, I should be able to package it all up, and send it Cat's way as early as tomorrow night. 

Well....I guess I should stop stalling and get back to work.....

BentonGrey

Oookay!  I am DONE with the building in of characters for the alpha release.  As soon as KS sends me those skins and hexes, I'll update the three or four characters they concern, and we'll be ready for testing.  So, can I get a quick tally of how many testers we have again?

kkhohoho

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 27, 2007, 08:48:07 PM
Oookay!  I am DONE with the building in of characters for the alpha release.  As soon as KS sends me those skins and hexes, I'll update the three or four characters they concern, and we'll be ready for testing.  So, can I get a quick tally of how many testers we have again?

Count me in. :thumbup:

Shazam

Juanjete

And me!!
I love Dc universe!!  :thumbup:

detourne_me

RE: Negative Man
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ozzrif_skins/files/

i wish this guy stuck around,  he had lots of potential and his skins were really vibrant!

BentonGrey

Alright, great!  Thanks guys, and thanks DM, I've got the skin.  Yeah, it's good quality, I wonder why I've never heard of this fellow before.  Depending on how today goes, I might get some of the characters I was planning on leaving 'till the beta added in.  We'll see how KS' productivity goes today ^_^

yell0w_lantern

|