• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Multiplayer

Started by jason5772, June 15, 2008, 01:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason5772

:ffvstr: ive hard problems with joining games with others, could it be the fact i didnt have
Freedom force X 3.2 Expansion ?

and if so n i get it working, i would like to form a group of peopels that would be interested in doing so.
since hardly annyones playing on it, i would like n try to get more peopels on it by forming this lil group, so please comment if your interested

i can be contacted on yahoo im : jsonggng

catwhowalksbyhimself

FFX 3.2 does even  work for mutiplayer, so that is definitely not the issue.

stumpy

[Moved to the appropriate forum.]

FFX is definitely not necessary to play multiplayer. And, while I don't believe it prevents multiplay, not all of the new attributes and so on will work in the multiplayer mode. Multiplayer should work with FFvT3R straight out of the box, but I don't know if special settings need to be used with firewalls, etc.

Primarily a single-player game, there has never been a huge community of FF multiplayers, though there was a decent-sized group back on freedomfans.

It may be worthwhile to mention what times you are available to play (and in what time zone). Good luck.

jason5772

ive had my firewall turnes off for a LONG time becasue of otehrs games, but even tho its turned off u tihnk i still need to adjust it or something?

stumpy

Well, if it's off, I am guessing no problem you are facing is really going to be firewall-related.

I don't have any experience with multiplayer mode, so if you are having trouble getting it to work, then I won't know what to try, but someone else might. I would suggest being very specific about what you are trying, what you expect to see, and what you see (or don't see) instead. Error messages (if there are any) and screenshots can be useful, as well as your ff.log and script.log files. (See the Game FAQ for how to turn on logging and where the log files are.)

jason5772

theres two things that happens
1. when some 1 make a game and i SEE it, i Highlight it, well not that i can unhighligt it when theres only 1 ;/
, and i try to click JOIN but the button is still GREY

2.someone else tryed to make a game and i didnt see there server and i did the sam thing n he couldent see mine.

:blink: :banghead:

jason5772

ive installed 1ffx_3_0.exe THEN  2ffx_3_0_patch2.exe  THEN 3ffx_3_1_update.exe
AND FINALLY ffx32setup.exe

and i cant see the new animations , anny one knows why???  :wacko:

stumpy

1. If this is unrelated to multiplayer, you want to mention that so that people who don't know anything about multiplayer but who might know something about FFX will still read it.

2. I am pretty sure that FFX 3.2 installs all by itself. There is no need to install previous versions.

3. What new animations? Once again, in order to give people enough info to help with a problem, it's useful to describe how you know there is one. In other words, what exactly you did, what you expected to see, and what you did (or didn't) see instead.

jason5772

the new attack animations, like how ull see the ice beam or what ever, the NEW ones that has FX in front of its names, ull see when u create ur character n the new moves...

i cant see them only the name
well if the ffx3 isent the case for me not able to join others online then ill just delete it.

iam sadden by how hardly no one wanna play online ;(
like i said , ill be on yahoo instant messanger if anny one wants to multiplayer
yahoo id: jsonggng