• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

door bashing

Started by Boalt92, June 05, 2008, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boalt92

I'm trying to make a door that heroes bash down, so I put a bounding box on the medium security door (from ff_base) and changed the ffedit settings to make it physical/attackable.

That part works fine, but the door simply vanishes when you destroy it...no fragmentation.  I tried adding med_security_door_fragments.nif and med_security_door_base.nif to the folder but no avail.

This is for a mod, and, while it's no deal-breaker, it is a touch I'd like to throw in.

Thanks in advance.

B92

EDIT--the fragments/base I added are the "ff_broken bits" with the medium security door texture.  Should I have tried it with different fragments/base?

GogglesPizanno

I think the only caveat for fragments is that There has to be a parent NiNode named "fragments" and then each child fragment piece node needs to be named "fragment_01", "fragment_02" etc...

You might open up the fragment object in Nifskope and see if its named properly. It might be a case where that fragment object is just that... a static object of fragments (like rubble), and not actually set up to be the fragments of a destroyed object.

Boalt92

Thanks GP.

It was definitely a static object.  I replaced the frags with robot case frags and it worked perfectly.  I also noticed the doors reset themselves on freeroam when you leave the map and then return.  Could be useful...

B92