• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Nifskoped FX

Started by detourne_me, July 28, 2007, 12:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

I'm hoping to start nifskoping some fx for  :ffvstr:
i plan on releasing them soon.

these first three are a joker gas bomb (and an explosive variant) and two different Batarang FX... but of course these are just renegade's batarang's with different End.nifs,  but i've never seen any complete fx packages for his batarangs, so i decided to make some.
for the smoke batarangs, the end.nif is a skoped green genie fx, to get rid of the sparkles.
and for the sharp batarangs, i've actually taken the end.nif from shurale's meaty fists, and added the batarang into the end.nif,  so it kind of looks like the batarang is stuck in the victims body for a few seconds,  then it disappears (you can see in the preview pic, i threw a bunch at joker)

I plan on making some Sai throw fx from tommyboys sais and black jacks acid card (so the sais have some spin as they go through the air),  so they can be used with raphael or elektra.  the end nifs will also be altered to 'stick' into the victim for a few seconds afterwards

Carravaggio

Excellent! this is badly needed for the game, it has too few FX, limiting what our characters can do. I look forward to what you put together Detourne!

Previsionary

*stares at det*

So this is what you've been upto? moving into my territory? I won't allow that! *destroys fx*

Anyways, those look nice and it gives me quite a convenient excuse to slack off more. Very good job, yo. :P Though, I think the core.nif of the bomb looks majorly 2d-ish. Did you use an alpha plane there?

detourne_me

no its actually 3d. and built on top of ren's up and down spinning nif.  so it "rolls" in the air, and when it bounces (when grenade is checked) it just looks great.

don't worry brother,  im never gonna become as productive as you are.

Mystik

I got one
its the tanglewire fx with ren's batarang instead of a grapple