• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Thrilling Exploits of... (Game has started- see other thread!)

Started by Alaric, April 30, 2007, 04:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

catwhowalksbyhimself

Except that it wasn't Patch talking.  It was Ray. The one who knows that Ashi is not a child and is likely a capable warrior.

Oh well, easy mistake to make, I suppose.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: kkhohoho on June 01, 2007, 01:39:36 PM
Quote from: Panther_Gunn on June 01, 2007, 01:30:31 PM
ugh.....I think we need to work on Ashi's grasp of English & subterfuge.  ;)  I was *trying* to get him to move out to the side where he could cover them from that angle, before all of the scuffling started.  Suppose I'll need to be more direct next time.  Perhaps a boot in the rump.  :lol:

Sorry.  I was just playing my character as he would act.  Now, if Ray had told him "Why don't you move out to the side so you can cover us from an angle?", then we woud probally move.  But he didn't know what Ray meant.  (And neither did I. :P)

I was afraid that might happen.  I was trying to be less-than-obvious about it, in case we were overheard before things got well enough into motion.  It was a calculated gamble.  Hopefully, no harm done.  ;)

Glitch Girl

Quote(oog- [Don Adams voice] Ah, the old "Wait for the GM to be busy so you can post several times in the middle of a fight before your opponents can react" trick... [/Don Adams voice]...
Curses, he figured out our cunning plan!

Actually part of that was my fault.  I forgot I'd posted earlier in the day and shouldn't have posted that last bit, which got negated anyway so I guess that's okay. 

Though this is why you lurk often when running one of these.  ;)

Sadly though I'm gonna be away for most of the weekend so I'm going to pm my tactics to Alaric in case things move along very swiftly while I'm out of town.

Alaric

According to this, the game thread is now number 2 on "Top 10 Topics (by Replies)"!

Curse you, NBC's _Heroes_...

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Glitch Girl on June 01, 2007, 06:01:10 PM
Quote(oog- [Don Adams voice] Ah, the old "Wait for the GM to be busy so you can post several times in the middle of a fight before your opponents can react" trick... [/Don Adams voice]...
Curses, he figured out our cunning plan!

I actually misread it the first time, and read it in a Don Knotts voice!  :lol:  Still works, though.  ^_^

Alaric

Just want to let everyone know- there's a good chance that I won't be able to post much durring the next week or so. Hopefully, that will only apply to the begining of the week, but it might be the whole week- or longer.

Glitch Girl

Dang it, just as the fight scene was getting started.  :(

Hope all is well Alaric. 

Uncle Yuan

:o Fight?  Wh-who said anything about a fight?  :unsure:

Viking

I fully expect Steve to know at least seven different ways of killing a man with that mechanical pencil of his.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Viking on June 04, 2007, 09:15:23 PM
I fully expect Steve to know at least seven different ways of killing a man with that mechanical pencil of his.

Aw, you guessed it.  And now he's going to have to show them all to you . . . .

Glitch Girl

Ooo... and that's just with the mechanical pencil.  Imagine if he added that notepad into the mix. 

Uncle Yuan

Well, the papers are of fairly limited use, but that little coil of wire - hooo boy! :twisted:

BTW - this kibbitzing thread is a great idea - I should have had one for Luck of Heroes!

Alaric

Just to let everyone know- I'll update the game sometime tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Alaric

I appologize for not continuing the game yesterday. Let's just call this an "off-week". The game will continue next week- if anyone's still paying attention.

I know it's kind of an annoying moment for a week-long break in the game... Sorry about that...

Uncle Yuan

You know, I'm still holding that mechanical pencil . . .  :twisted:

No, seriously, take the time you need to get things squared away.

Viking

I'll see your mechanical pencil and raise you a pen...

I'll still be paying attention, Alaric.  But I'll echo Uncle Yuan's sentiments - take all the time you need to square things away.

Glitch Girl

Yeah, real life comes first anyway.

However, we exepct to have your FULL attention next week.  ;)

Glitch Girl

Viking

True dat.  Patch must be in the longest knee-to-the-groin shot in history.

BlueBard

Quote from: Viking on June 14, 2007, 06:56:58 AM
True dat.  Patch must be in the longest knee-to-the-groin shot in history.

It's in Matrix-style Slo-Mo.

Glitch Girl

More like someone hit the pause button, went to get a snack, and then Great Aunt Gertrude called, you know, the "talker".  ;)

Alaric

Just want to appologize again... The game will resume soon.

Glitch Girl

Uncle Yuan

Glitch Girl

Has anyone heard from Alaric at all?  It says on his profile his last login was June 23, 2007 and he hasn't posted anything since  June 15.  I hope everything is okay.

BlueBard

Quote from: Glitch Girl on June 26, 2007, 06:54:18 AM
Has anyone heard from Alaric at all?  It says on his profile his last login was June 23, 2007 and he hasn't posted anything since  June 15.  I hope everything is okay.

No, I haven't.

I'm thinking it's possible that he's involved in some playtesting and hasn't had time, I hope that's all it is.

Alaric

Quote from: BlueBard on June 26, 2007, 09:11:11 AM
Quote from: Glitch Girl on June 26, 2007, 06:54:18 AM

No, I haven't.

I'm thinking it's possible that he's involved in some playtesting and hasn't had time, I hope that's all it is.

Not invlolved in playtesting, no, but there's been a lot going on... Sorry about that. I'm pretty sure that the game will (finally) continue in a day or two, though.

Glitch Girl

That's okay Alaric.  We were just starting to get a little worried about you is all. 

Hope the "a lot going on" is nothing bothersome.  Good luck.

|