• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Circus Infamous invades RWZ - Thursday night!

Started by Tortuga, July 24, 2007, 03:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tortuga

The Great Gusto is planning quite the spectacle in RWZ on Thursday night.  Show up with your lvl 35+ Circus Infamous character around 9:30 pm EST.  We'll do what we can (lackey/malefactor-wise) to make sure as many people as possible can participate.

But first the fun part...

Starting at 9 pm EST, Circus Infamous will be putting on it's first parade.  That's right, when the circus comes to town, there's a parade.  If only there were a walking emote :(  Anyway, we'll be meeting in the Circus Infamous base, and then we'll head to RWZ for a non-combat parade.  There's a good chance we'll get attacked, but NOTHING interupts a good parade.

(All CI characters are welcome to join the pre-RWZ parade)

Be there!
The Great Gusto

Tortuga

MJB

My lone 35+ villain isn't a member of CI but if you need an extra body count Lou in.

-MJB

Tortuga

Anyone is welcome to join.  With all the hubbub over events lately (on the CoH boards), we have a chance at doing something fun for everyone that doesn't involve any politics of any sort.

Midnight

I'm a representative of the Regressive Party, Anti-Clown branch. This event offends me.

(Depending on whether there's an LGTF, Shaobo may come out of retirement.)

Tortuga

This is happening tonight!!

For non-CI members, you are welcome to enter the CI base as well - team up with a CIer and you should be able to get in.

El Condor

Which RWZ are you going to choose?  I have no villains in range, but would love to bring a hero to help with the cheering.

Don't forget to throw candy!  :D

EC

Tortuga

Tortuga

What a night!! If you've got pics, post them!  I'll post mine once i've gone through them all.

[EDIT] What started as a kind of joke event (parade through RWZ and get killed lots) ended up being a highlight of 3+ years playing CoH.

We had nearly every 35+ CI character there, sadly PQ and Boulh were not in attendance...or were they? They are stalkers after all.

Then a bunch of FR/NRF/BoW folks started showing up.  We assembled and away we went.  The Great Gusto led the group on a passive death march.  I ran around a few pylons and a few deaths occured, then we headed back to the Vanguard depot.

That's when things picked up.  Two teams were negotiating what to do next, our team was going to do some missions, another was gathering for the TF.  It's a good thing things took awhile to get going because that's when Ex Libris showed up. :)  Ex handed out custom titles (Circus Infamous Parade ala RWZ) to everyone, except Gusto got 'Ring Leader' as well).

We were about to get started again, and Ex told me that someone else was showing up.

Ghost Widow!!  Gusto's patron!  Here!  At this silly-little-event-turned-spectacle.  Soon (much to TW's dismay) we had Ex Libris and Ghost Widow on our team.  We called back whoever we could, and a second RWZ parade commenced.  (That's GW in the top right in the next pic- she invited Gusto to be her lackey too yet) 

We fought this time, mostly so we could see GW kick major butt.  Here are a few shots from the fights.

...Gusto and Ghost share a quiet moment together...but so alone.

...Gusto died at Ghost's side many times.  Many, many times.

...Ghost Widow is somewhere in that mess.  She was literally unstoppable.

...The fight on top of the ship was awesome.  Them Vanguard merits just kept-a-coming.

Ghost Widow hung out for a bit at the end, and even gave Gusto some Platinum...which sells for a whopping 3-6k!!!!!! :o

Anyways, if you have other neat shots, please post them.  And thanks folks for coming out for the fun.

Tortuga

Tortuga

Got these from Mike since I didn't know how to take a pic of my custom title...Check it out.

Here was my custom title -- the same as other folks, except 'Ring Leader' added to it.

And then, check out the text in the chat in the next pic.  I mentioned that I was happy with my title, but 'Ring Master' would've been more fitting.  And check out Gusto's custom title!

Neither Ex nor GW was on our team at that point, so some serious mind-reading is going on here.

Tort

MJB

Took a few pictures, these are the only ones worth showing off. ;)

The original CI Parade headed for a march like no other. Pylons were passed, debt was received, fun was had by all.

The encore parade invades the RWZ! You can just barely see Ghost Widow flying above Lou.  :o

Amidst the chaos aboard the mother ship. Merits & debt were the only thing being served. Mostly debt.

-MJB

MikeB7

I was enjoying it too much - forgot to take random screenshots.  Unbelievably cool that not only did two devs show to support the event, but Ghost Widow actually joined our team and fought with us!  And lackeyed Gusto!  Man, that was just mindblowing to me, lol.  Immensely fun evening.   :thumbup:

gdaybloke

:gday I'm glad I logged when I did! It was hard enough not shooting you filthy CI folks, let alone missing an opportunity to take down that evil Ghost Widow
:harold She wasn't that bad...
:gday Oh dear Lord, don't tell me YOU interacted with that fiend?
:harold Well, _some_one had to be a mentor for Ex Libris...
:gday ... you called the Widow a smeghead, didn't you..
:harold ... kinda... but she said she liked milk duds when she was alive, so it was justified.
:gday Harold...
:harold What?
:gday Shut up.

El Condor

What a blast! I loved that so many from across the coalition joined in the festivities; it was a great showing of the community.  :thumbup:

Hmmm, those pics definitely look like web-site material..... ;)

EC

ThePrelate

it was a lot of fun. I even made a special pink/white jester uniform. but then I realized I looked like a sad rejected dancer from Madonna's next tour, so i went back to my gay stormtrooper look :P

anyway, was a lot of fun, thanks for running it!

CeresCeres

I somehow missed the post in the BoW forums, so I didn't even know this was happening until Ana mentioned something like minutes before the first one started. ^^; Glad I got to make it for the second one!  ^_^

ow_tiobe_sb

Blast!  I need to quit teaching, leave my wife and child, and devote the rest of my life to playing this game so that I might run with the big dogs! ;)

It certainly looks as if a once-in-a-lifetime event transpired here.  Congrats, folks, on your successful parade!  :thumbup:  Thanks for sharing the screenshots! :)

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and The Prat in the Hat

DireWolf

It was a lot of fun and thaks go to Tort for putting it togeather...

:direwolf

MJB

Lou made into a couple of your screenies. :)

*swipes pictures*

-MJB

Viking

Alas, as always, I'm never able to make those Thursday night events.  Very much my loss.

Looks like it was an awesome event.  Major kudos to Tort for putting it together and getting positive Dev attention.