• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Obscure Heroes

Started by Green Hornet, March 13, 2007, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Green Hornet

More obscure heroes from the past the Green Turtle, Grim Reaper, American Crusader :rickbm 

GhostMachine

You can actually read some old Golden Era comics featuring lesser known characters, including several that have been posted in this thread (Twister is in #39, for instance) here:

http://home.comcast.net/~pfeonline/

Personally, I'd like to toss out a request for Man O' Metal, who is in issue #4 on that site, and is also in a story here:

http://members.fortunecity.com/srca1941/AAC10-3-1.html

daglob

I've got two American Crusader skins. One is by ToxicJ, the other was by Copper Age. I think the Toxic J skin is at Alex's Freedom Fortress, and the Copper Age skin is on on e of the Copper Wire Yahoo groups. Nice thing about Copper Age, he gave you an idea of what some of these characters would do so you have a little something to base your Hero file on.

I downloaded a Green Turtle story from a comic book newsgroup a year ago. Something that goofy I just HAD to read. I actually think that it was no worse (but certaintly no better) than most of the other comics from the time.

GhostMachine

I believe there's also an American Crusader skin at Freedom Asylum, as well.

HumanTon

I forgot to mention: kssaints Avenger hex and skin are awesome!

I'd also like to submit my annual request for the original Iron Man (really)--the father of all heros in armored suits--ladies and gentlemen, Bozo the Robot!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozo_the_Iron_Man

daglob

Quote from: GhostMachine on August 17, 2007, 07:14:20 PM
I believe there's also an American Crusader skin at Freedom Asylum, as well.

No, I'm wrong; the skin at Freedom Asylum is the one I was thinking of.

The Avenger IS awsome!

Still, what are we going to do with all these skins?

Green Hornet

Obscure heroines Black Angel, Wildfire, Dragonfly  :rickbm

rmt

Quote from: daglob on August 08, 2007, 08:38:25 PM
If I can figure out how to get the cock-comb thing off one of the bad guys in the new Pulp Fiction mod and on a Taskmaster mesh, I may be able to do Blue Bolt. We have male alpha and male alpha collar, it's too bad we don't have male alpha fin or a version of male alpha with a fin that can be changed. I have wanted to do Blue Bolt, but haven't because of the fin issue.

Also: there is a Fu Manchu look-alike (and a LOT of monions) in the new Pulp Fiction mod.

Let me know if there's something in particular you need.  My Max is screwed up and doesn't want to export keyframes very well today, but I may be able to help some.  FYI, while Yellow Dragon is obviously based on Fu Manchu as far as character goes, he's actually done on the Ramulus/Nightshade mesh (the golden age Sandman foe).

Green Hornet

Here are some Oldies The Falcon, Captain Battle, a new one Orion Hunter  :rickbm

GhostMachine

I'm pretty sure that Copper Age did a Captain Battle skin.

Green Hornet

An Obscure Group The Fab Four  :rickbm

crocodamon

Wonderfull comics, wonderfull initiative  :thumbup:

Juanjete

daglob

I've got The Fab Four and their enemy the Coal Man (or something) sitting unfinished on my hard drive, along with an unfinished Nukla, Raven (THUNDER Agents), a weird set of mutants from the original Original Doom Patrol, and Sinestro-Boy Friend (no relation). I just don't know when they'll get finished.

BentonGrey

Is it just me, or is Black Angel's costume horrifically obscene.....

JKCarrier

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 22, 2007, 08:46:08 PM
Is it just me, or is Black Angel's costume horrifically obscene.....

She does look awfully cold for someone who's standing in front of a flaming swastika...  :o

yell0w_lantern

Careful. Don't poke an eye out on those things.

Manfred

I would call it wonderfully obscene

daglob

Quote from: GhostMachine on September 13, 2007, 10:54:29 PM

I can only find two Copper Age revival Yahoo groups, and the good Captain isn't in either of them. He does look kinda neat, and The Falcon is priceless.

lmalonsof

QuoteIs it just me, or is Black Angel's costume horrifically obscene.....

Absolutely right. That'll be great if I could get more pictures of her with that horrifically obscene catsuit.

GhostMachine

Quote from: daglob on September 24, 2007, 09:07:24 PM
Quote from: GhostMachine on September 13, 2007, 10:54:29 PM

I can only find two Copper Age revival Yahoo groups, and the good Captain isn't in either of them. He does look kinda neat, and The Falcon is priceless.

I'm afraid some of Copper's skins are "lost"; if I remember right, he actually had something like 3 or 4 groups when he was skinning.

Green Hornet

More obscure heroes The Owl, The Blitz (golden age) The Blitz (silver age) :rickbm

daglob

Working on The Owl for Male Alpha

I've also created a Yahoo group called "Character Obscura" to post my contributions on anyway. I've been real busy the past week, or I'd have posted El and Hy from The Fab Four (they were closest to being finished when they were requested), along with Major Victory and my version of The Greatest American Hero, Commander USA, Captain Nice, and Mr. Teriffic (maybe some others with Benton Grey's permission). I was waiting for it to have a little content before i announced it. I hope that the others that have done obscure heroes and villains will put their work there.

I started on The Falcon for Black Bolt No Fork, too.

daglob

Okay, Character Obscura has some content now. I've put some TV heroes on there, along with Major Victory and the 1966 version of The Shadow.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/characterobscura/

Now, if I can jsut get finished with some of the others...

I also hope that the other heroes and villains from this thread will show up.

HumanTon

:thumbup: Great idea for a group, daglob!

yell0w_lantern

The Blitz? I love Big Bang comics! I wish they were still made in color. Beacon would be very cool too.

Green Hornet

Great idea Daglob to have a site that anyone can contribute obscure heroes/villains to  :rickbm

YoungHeros

this is the best thread ever :thumbup:

daglob

Now at Character Obscura:

Captain Battle
Captain Marbles
The Owl

Whne is somebody else going to post something?

And what is that thing on The Falcon's head, anyway? A light? A falcon?

Green Hornet

The thing on the Falcon's head looks like a light.  Here are some more obscure heroes Fruitman, Captain Flower, Super Hippie, Mandala  :rickbm

|