• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

prev's fx 2.0: let's burn it up...

Started by Previsionary, February 18, 2007, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

Thanks, guys. Most of my inspiration actually comes from "XND" as I havent played XML-MUA in quite awhile, heh.

Quote from: Xenolith on September 22, 2008, 04:49:54 PM
Great idea for the tornado.  Can that also be used as a beam (since ffx doesn't like direct that much)?

Nope, sorry, bud. Beams are set up in a pretty specific way and I haven't fully cracked it yet.

Anyway, no pics, but I did some tedious recoloring of my GL packs and put together this nine pack for Sinestro. I was gonna add more, but recolors are so mind-numbingly tedious that I had to quit. ^^

Sinestro 9 pack- 214 KB

I didn't test any of these, so if anyone runs into a problem or something, post here to let me know. It comes with the following:

3 passive shields
2 areas
2 bolts
1 beam
1 cone
2 readmes.

Enjoy.

Sidenote, as I forgot to re-mention it here, the psylocke fx make use of IPS's awesome butterfly texture. Finally found some nifs I at least tolerated. ^^. ALSO, this recolor pack was partially inspired by, I think, AA as he was asking about it a few months ago.

Epimethee

Great looking work, Prev! For the Phœnix Inferno, could the bird frequency/spacing be potentially changed? Just wondering.

Previsionary

Doubt it. It's hard-coded into the nif by Spudster. It seems to form differently depending on how many birds are released at once...at least from my short tests.

Anyway, I don't recall ever seeing many Lorna based fx, so I added it to my X-pack (which now sits at a comfortable 18 finished, 4 or so to go).

What's a girl without a (magnetic) shield?

magnetic jimmies...and such.

Sometimes, Lorna just wants to spread the crazy (3 different cones...the game....needs more cones!)

Don't get to close...she's shocking!

Well...I guess distance isn't really a factor in safety with her.

That's it. There's one pic missing and that's a melee which is just a recolored manowar fx. I forgot all about the beam, so I MIGHT add that in.

Looking at my list, I might add in Emma if I can think of something for her since I don't associate her with fx except the mental suggestion ones from ff1...but her powers are far beyond that point now. Um, I really wanted to do a teleport for Psylocke, but I haven't seen a good nif yet. I guess I'll finish out by using the remaining three textures by IPS and go pack on hiatus. ^_^

AfghanAnt

Awesome. I'm glad I inspired someone to do something. I can't wait to see the fxs in game.

Previsionary

I don't think I do enough DC stuff...so to remedy that...I made a batman pack. I use "made" lightly as I didn't open photoshop at all and I kind of just packaged these together. You can thank Ren (mesher), C6 (skinner), IG (other meshers/skinners) for these updates. The ff1 variants are nice and all, but the new nifs look better, play with the lighting, and um...are shinier.

Sample opening + Corrosive batarang:

Shockarang:

electric_batarang:

smokescreen_batarang:

explosive_batarang:

arctic batarang:

flasharang:

gasarang:

sonicarang:

variety's the spice of life no? And you can grab the pack here: I'm Batman. As a sidenote, most of the fx are "explosive projectiles", but two are regular, straightforward projectiles. As another sidenote, I included Ren's double pack of batarangs (+ readme) in the texture folder, so if you want a different batarang, you can easily switch them out with no issues.

*I hope this fx high ends soon...*

bat1987

C4

Quote*I hope this fx high ends soon...*

I don't

Great work Prev. Big fan of your fx.

Previsionary

Bah! I do! This "highness" randomly happens with anything I have interest in...then it suddenly drops and I go on long hiatuses. The cycle must continue or the world will explode! ^^

I only have one today and I feel myself wearing down. Finally.

Updated Nightcrawler Teleport (Making use of the last few IPS tgas I have left):

I *might* have to include sound effects with this one...assuming I find some...assuming I go looking for them...assuming I'm not being lazy. That's a lot to assume, you know.

AfghanAnt

Previsionary

Thanks, AA. I figured NC could use a new fx since he hasn't gotten one since...teleport_bamf by gryphon? That was in...2002? Anyway, to go along with UE's sandman...

Sandstorm

Sandblast

I don't know if I'll release the second one. The way it ends and brightens up kind of disturbs me, but I like it otherwise. BTB, I won't be releasing these fx individually this time around. I kinda refuse to make that many readmes, so it's going to be setup like my last X-pack. All the fx + tgas in one zip + a dat + a readme. And...for your convenience, pack 1 is already merged with pack 2. Oddly enough, I'm already at 22 fx for the pack (same size as the last), but I've made...40+ in a short amount of time.

Sidenote: if anyone has any NIF suggestions for angel/archangel...I'd love to hear them. I wanted to give him *something* feather related...but I haven't seen anything I could use yet.

AfghanAnt

Maybe you could do something like DarkMagik did http://www.fxforce.com/RNR/DMfeathers.jpg and maybe you could use Ink's Longshot's knife fx (it comes with the mesh) for Archangel?

Previsionary

QUIT THINKING LIKE ME! Seriously...I just showed that pic to UE 30 minutes ago. :P

I considered the knife throw, but I was really trying to stick with max 5 nifs so the lighting effects and such came into play. I can probably pull off the feathers, but...iiiiiiiiiunnno.

Previsionary

eh...

I tried to play around with a "super breath" fx for a bit and I came out with a few things I didn't like. Pics below:

As you can see, it's passable...but it flashes blue at the end and overlays the original color. I sort of remedied that:

But I still don't really like it. It ends, most of the time, before it even reaches the target...so, I think I might dump it instead of working on it even further.

Xenolith

I dunno, it's looks okay.  I'm not sure what you wanted it to look like though, so...?

If it's supposed to be super breath, then how about mixing in some lines moving away from the shooter?  Not a lot, but just enough to show motion?

Epimethee

I certainly like it. While it might not be a perfect fit for super-breath, it would be excellent for gas attacks. FWIW, from the screen shots, the blueish colour shift doesn't seem reaaly annoying; I'd see it more as the gas reacting with the target or a UI clue to target being affected.

Previsionary

Thanks guys. I wanted it to look kinda like it did in...........I think either the cartoon or a game. Meaning I'd have to make it arctic blue (it actually is blue in the tga, but I did some editing to figure out where the color change was coming from since it's so sudden).

Quote from: Xenolith on September 27, 2008, 11:50:32 AM
If it's supposed to be super breath, then how about mixing in some lines moving away from the shooter?  Not a lot, but just enough to show motion?

I would consider this if... A) I wasn't lazy and back into writing ^^  B) the texture wasn't so small  C) I could actually see how the effect lines up with the mesh since the "gas" is a particle system (or particle systems...), that's a little tough to do.

Quote from: Epimethee on September 27, 2008, 04:28:16 PM
I certainly like it. While it might not be a perfect fit for super-breath, it would be excellent for gas attacks. FWIW, from the screen shots, the blueish colour shift doesn't seem reaaly annoying; I'd see it more as the gas reacting with the target or a UI clue to target being affected.

Could work as that (would that fit anyone beyond customs?), but the cone typically stops a few good steps away from the target (can't stretch it out at the moment)...though I guess it wouldn't matter much with gases.

Here's my "might do list" as far as today:

Archangel/Angel
Sabretooth...maybe
Some quick Iceman updates
Venom...doubtful (my plan for him fell through)
Emma (ummm....what does she do again?)
Jubilee

that's about it. Funny, this kinda sparked from me wanting to do Hulk based fx and I kind of forgot about him since he's pretty well covered.

cmdrkoenig67

Those are looking mighty cool, Prev!  Amazing work.

Dana

Previsionary

Some simple stuff I threw together for one reason or another. I don't know why I tested on this map. The lighting made the fx too bright. :P

Fire Sheath:

Fire explosion:

Fire aflame:

Cone of Fire (based on Conduit's)/Fire Breath...depending:

Fire control (Many thanks to Stumpy for doing a quick fix for me!):

and staying with the green:

Lorna got a minor update in her area attack as the other one had timing issues. Anyway, I should get to finishing these up one day...a day when my throat doesn't feel like it's rebeliing against my body. ^^

Epimethee

the_ultimate_evil

AfghanAnt

GogglesPizanno

I so rarely look in the FX forum, I cant believe I missed all these... nicely done.
Shirley Likes...

Previsionary

Fire 4-pack.

See pics in my last post for examples. It's the only thing I have uploaded right now that I can pass out. ^^. Hey, new content is new content. The other stuff will be in a pack if I ever find the time to complete it.  :unsure:

Epimethee

pr1983

just got the x-men ones working, and i have to say, they're just awesome. no disrespect to anyone else, but i'd never really been happy with the cyclops blasts, they just didn't seem to sit right with me, but yours is just awesome, imo... really reminds me of the comics...

so now that i've buttered you up, any chance you can direct me to the gl fx that you'd recoloured as sinestro stuff? :P

Previsionary

Quote from: pr1983 on November 27, 2008, 07:56:16 AM
so now that i've buttered you up, any chance you can direct me to the gl fx that you'd recoloured as sinestro stuff? :P

Thanks, bud. ^^

As far as I know, the sinestro pack is still up.

pr1983

gah, sorry, i meant the original gl ones. the ones you had used as bases for the sinestro stuff... my bad lol...

Previsionary

ahhh. You can grab those here (And in...um...my Crisis mod!): GL 6 pack AND GL Shield 3 pack

pr1983

you're a gentleman and a scholar...

i may look at the mod later, i just want to get the hang of things... want to get the hang of ezscript and make some sinestro corps cut scenes lol...

BentonGrey

Goodness gracious Prev!  You've been busy, my friend!  FX are way too often neglected, so forgive me for contributing to that neglect by not noticing your efforts here.  There is a lot in that last page to be impressed by.  I am personally cursing your existence for creating all those nice effects for Fire, because that means I'll have to update her at some point in time....not for the final release though, I have to stop giving myself more work for that or it will never happen!  Ha, anyway, some really great stuff there.  Thanks for your work man, it is definitely appreciated.

|