• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Ultraman

Started by YoungHeros, September 30, 2007, 10:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungHeros

isn't Ultraman basically, Superman without kryptonite as a weaknesse?? ^_^

apfarmakis

Not exactly. The Ultraman, who appeared with the original Crime Syndicate in the 60s gained a new super-power with each exposure to kryptonite. The Morrison version recharged his powers with each exposure to kryptonite.

Hope that cleared things up.

YoungHeros

kryptonite its a good thing to him??

got it ^_^

Jakew

Morrison's Ultra Man weakened the longer he away from Kryptonite ... so i guess it was still a weakness.

Carravaggio

The Ultraman in Morrison's JLA had the regular Superman powerset, however, unlike the 60's version. Also he was violent, brutish and irrational, i have him with the attribute that gives a chance to enrage (can't remember what its called). I would like to have an accidental change version of him in three or four levels of power, each one weaker than the last, to represent his prolonged absence from super-kryptonite
(not Kryptonite as we know it. SUperman was immune to super-Kryptonite, so who knows how Ultraman reacts to normal kryptonite?).
Whenever his energy drops to zero he would be forced to change to the next weakest version of himself. Eventually he would revert to a straight 2 stat normal man. Thats the plan anyway im still working on it it game.

YoungHeros

thanks for this useful information :thumbup:

its nice to learn new things ^_^

yell0w_lantern

How about battery and accidental change with 0 energy as the trigger and no revert? You should be able to layer that so you have several forms - each one has the same accidental change circumstances linked to a weaker form w/battery.