• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

We see you looking...

Started by Vertex, November 06, 2008, 09:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

style

Hope fully you don't stop meshing for the 1st FF :ff:  :( :(

herodad1

welcome back big V!your work is awsome my friend.you have given us so many diff. vx_versions to choose from.i'd love to see vx_heavies and hulkings.glad to see you back.

Xenolith

Great.  I relly love your vx_ meshes and your wonderful keyframes that add a lot of character.  Even if you don't pick up meshing and animating again, its great that have returned.

djfredski

:unsure: :huh: Mr. Vertex is it OK to start the requests now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

welcome home V. :wub:

USAgent

Glad to see ya back and getting back in the game.  Your work has always been top notch.

ElijahSnowFan

ha! amazing -- the very first mesh i ever downloaded was one of yours, way back when you were Bobby69.

welcome back -- i still use some of your old-school stuff, just because i'm nostalgic like that. :cool:

House Quake

Vertex

Okay I'm animating a project to get my feet wet and figure I should ask a few questions to make sure I'm correct on how things were for notes for the tracks.

in original FF things like take_flight and landing from flight didn't actually work ingame. The game used jump_stand instead and it's landing equivalent. in FFVTR did they fix this or not? I can't remember.  Also honestly area,direct,ranged.. all were basically just the same thing with the use of leave_hand as the command for the power to activate which seperated the animation from melee which used contact. Basically what I'm getting at I guess is were there any track commands in FFVTR that were different than FF that I don't remember because I'm wondering if some of the types of animations I should bother to even include like take_flight and so on.

GogglesPizanno

I think Renegade would be the man to talk to about specific FFvTR stuff as I believe he has gone FFvTR only.
Others i think still just model and animate using the old FF methods as almost all of those meshes will work in the new game.

Epimethee

Quote from: Vertex on November 12, 2008, 10:48:34 AMin original FF things like take_flight and landing from flight didn't actually work ingame. The game used jump_stand instead and it's landing equivalent. in FFVTR did they fix this or not?
Alas, no. FFX's mlogreader Python module is used to detect characters flying (by enabling and reading animation message in ff.log) – and jump_stand is all it has needed.

Extremely glad to have you back, BTW. Thanks for the great work.

Vertex

Oh I suppose I should mention... standard vxmale base skins won't work with any of my newer meshes
(oh bobby why ya wanna go and do that??)

Simple, I like to be all I can be, and with the altered foot mapping I can produce meshes of crazy canadians like this:

Podmark

is it just the foot mapping? I can live with that. Actually it'd be quite useful.

Vertex

yep just the foot mapping because every other part of the body could be skinned asymmetrically, and too many of the costumes I like often have diff patterns on the legs that far down.

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: Vertex on November 19, 2008, 09:59:14 AM
   Oh I suppose I should mention... standard vxmale base skins won't work with any of my newer meshes
(oh bobby why ya wanna go and do that??)

Simple, I like to be all I can be, and with the altered foot mapping I can produce meshes of crazy canadians like this:

Nice! ;)

djfredski

real nice :D :rolleyes: :) :lol:

cmdrkoenig67

Oh.  My.  Gawrsh!!!!  Guardian looks great, V!

Dana :thumbup:

Tobor Y2K3

Hey Vertex,
I am glad to see you are still here and have not given up on this place or designing. I can not remember I time when I was not dl'ing your meshes just to try hexing them just to see what would happen.

yell0w_lantern

It's just a tease, like 3D Master's return AND Wingzero's AND Beyonder's.

cmdrkoenig67

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!

Vertex

Last I checked....

I was never a tease.  :cool:

... Probably why I have 2 kids.

Courtnall6

Great to see you coming back Vertex! You were always one of my favorites!

This might help me get out of my skinning funk...that...and possibly a VX_Thor... :P

I love the remapping of the feet. Guardian can finally be complete!

His helmet does need some fixing however. The nose shouldn't be visually defined.

Like so...

Looking down on the top of his head I believe his face mask would curve to a slight point.

Vertex

nice pointer I'll bear in mind, especially since that isn't actually a mesh of Guardian.. just a normal vx I put a skin Avalon gave me on. When I get around to actually making a Guardian mesh I'll have to think about this.... not whether to do it per se, but how to without needing to do a major remapping of the head. Guardian is a bit of a rare commodity in that his helmet is soooo tight to the head. I don't just wanna stick some pieces on the front of his face that would obviously not be part of the rest of the head... so it's a matter of what would be the best way to manage it.

Vertex

Just to point out that I "get" what C6 is trying to suggest for a mesh suggestion, here's an example taken from a similar situation.

Now in this example with Unicorn (an Iron Man villain) the faceplate is an armored piece that really doesn't matter if it stands out as being seperate from the rest of the head. It comes out from the head to cover the nose and then returns to the head providing a nice masked effect. Since it's an armored faceplate it actually helps that it stands out. With Guardian, we'd want that extra meshed area to truly blend with the rest of the head which means it becomes part of the body and it's mapping does as well. As you know my vxmale_wiremaps are rather full as they are....

Podmark

Well my suggestion would be, if you were to use the separate piece, make it as flush as possible to the face and make it's mapping identical to the face itself. If done right when skinned the fact that it is a separate piece would barely be noticeable.

But a properly modeled face would be more effective.

Vertex

yeah... I've seen some of these items stuck onto meshes that are so ... barely noticeable.. sorry but nooooooooooooo which is my point.

And yes... a properly molded piece added to the body would would be better.. gee lol think I said that :P

Tortuga

Champion 2 of 11

Quote from: Courtnall6 on November 30, 2008, 09:02:59 AMThis might help me get out of my skinning funk...that...and possibly a VX_Thor... :P

please do a VX_Thor!!!!!!!!!! :( For 2 reason to get C-6 out of his funk and I would just love to see one! ^_^

djfredski

:o I can't wait! :popcorn

Gremlin

Quote from: ips on December 01, 2008, 02:40:05 PM
just for clarification... he's not coming back. he is back. he's killing the animations. and i mean killing. wait till you see his new speedster run.

IPS, you tease you.

Vertex

yeah...

I know I posted this big I will be back message and I started a mesh and went aaaaaaaaaaah my animations suck!

Sooo.... I decided before I put anything out there I needed an updated animation library. The only animations I had left after my big hard drive crash were OLD backups that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. A while before the crash I had updated everything to the point that you wouldn't have recognized my generic sets anymore for the most part and the stubborn mule in me just won't accept the backup garbage I'm left with.  IPS can't animate right now so he's been kindly critiquing what I'm animating as I go to catch me when what I make isn't up to par with what I want.  I'm not limiting myself like in the past with 1 basic pose that then branches off to different archetypes.  There's multiples of everything.. so in the end I'll have a VERY large variety of options for characters.. I could stand 5 guys with superman animations next to each other.. and they would all be very diff. You could have 3 speedsters race across the screen at the same time and notice.. they're all running differently as well. Needless to say this is taking a bit longer but once it's done.. I won't have to worry about animations for a while... I do so hate animating :P

|