• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Battle of the Batmen! New Hurt and Heal!!

Started by Uncle Yuan, September 24, 2007, 12:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on October 03, 2007, 01:14:15 PM
Hurt TAS - yes it was cool, but honestly, the animation was pretty lousy on the whole.

Whaaaaaaa?!?!??! :wacko:

Uncle Yuan

Well, "on the whole" may be a bit strong, but I have quite a few episodes on VHS (maybe 50?) and I must say, many of the episodes have pretty marginal production values.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Don't make me and Benton call in Bruce and Terry for some old fashion smacking down.  No way you could win against the four of us.  Well, really Benton and me would stand back and watch, but still. . .

Anyway, Hurst Wilson and Filmation

Heal Beyond

(Notice a pattern here?)

BentonGrey

Amen Cat!  I've got your back, especially if Bruce and Terry are in front..... :unsure:   I'd be awfully brave if I were friends with Batman. ;)

Seriously though, I mean the animation is somewhat dated in the age of computer assisted work, but for a weekly TV series, it's freakin' perfection in practice.  There is so much atmosphere and detail in each and every episode, that it's really mind blowing.  Just think about how many minor characters were distinctive and unique, despite the fact that they show up in ONE episode for perhaps a ONE minute.  You have to put this in context UY. 

Viking

Well, to be fair, the animation was great back when FOX ran the series.  The production values took a sharp dip when WB took over TAS for Batman.

BentonGrey

That "last" season?  I don't even regard them as the same animal....

Premonitioner

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 03, 2007, 09:00:50 PM
That "last" season?  I don't even regard them as the same animal....

I think you mean the "last two" seasons, right? It lasted a year after the "The New Batman\Superman adventures" ended. ^_^

BentonGrey

Yeah, I suppose that's what I mean...when Robin became mullet wearing Nightwing and the stories and quality went downhill fast.

Uncle Yuan

Well, that's the end of Round 6, and the kibbitzing . . .

Batman - TAS/Timmverse     13
Batman Beyond - Terry McGinnis     13
Adam West     6
Micheal Keaton     5
Christian Bale     12
New Adventures of Bat Man (Filmation)     1

OUT
Val Kilmer -1
George Clooney 0
Superfriends (Hannah-Barbara)     -1
Robert Lowrey ('49 serial)     -1
Lewis Wilson ('43 serial)     -2
The Batman     -1

Two Batmen fall this round: The first to portray the icon on film, serial actor Lewis Wilson, and the latest animated outing, The Batman.  Adam West again has the busiest round (nine total votes) and manages to gain a little ground while Terry surges ahead to make the lead an essential three-way tie.

Messy as it is likely to be, another two hurts one heal.

Round 7!!

kkhohoho

Hurt TAS

Hurt Filmation  (The last bullet...)

Heal Bale.

Viking

Heal Adam West
Hurt Terry McGinnis (You're a nice kid, Terry, but I can't let you disrespect your old man by pulling ahead)
Hurt Michael Keaton

BentonGrey

Ohh, this is getting tough!

Hurt Keaton (He did a great job as Batman, but not so much as Bruce Wayne)

Hurt West (I love those old Batman episodes, but he's just about the weakest link left)

Heal TAS

Glitch Girl

Hurt Filmation (stompy stompy stompy)
Hurt West (sorry Adam)
Heal Terry

JKCarrier

The Hitman

Heal Adam West (this one's for fighting Vincent Price's Egghead)

Hurt Keaton (one left, anyone...?)

Hurt Terry (I dunno, never really got into it)

Spam

Hurt Michael Keaton

Hurt Christian Bale

Heal Adam West (Nobody messes with Adam We... Okay, I'm done making Family Guy jokes now)

Tomato

Mr. Hamrick

Previsionary

bat1987

Mystik

Uncle Yuan

Hurt TAS - 'cause I'm a contrary PITA
Hurt Bale - 'cause The Machinist was horrible

Heal West - 'cause of the cowl with the painted highlights.

BentonGrey

Uncle Yuan

Sorry for for the long delay - I got kind of distracted.

Round 7 is over.

Let's take a look at the aftermath . . .

Batman - TAS/Timmverse     14
Batman Beyond - Terry McGinnis     10
Adam West     5
Christian Bale     10

OUT
Val Kilmer -1
George Clooney 0
Superfriends (Hannah-Barbara)     -1
Robert Lowrey ('49 serial)     -1
Lewis Wilson ('43 serial)     -2
The Batman     -1
Micheal Keaton     -1
New Adventures of Bat Man (Filmation)     -1

Micael Keaton falls hard in the seventh round and the Filmation version sags in with him.  Batman: The Animated Series picks up a vote, the only contestant to gain ground this round, solidifying a solid lead.  Adam West has the busiest round (yet again!!) but drops only one point

We're getting down to the wire here, so it's back to one hurt/heal each.  I'm also going to randomly designate a Mighty Batman who will have his heals count double this round.

Round 8!!

Will there be a Round 9?  Can our heroes survive this dastardly trap?  Tune in next week!  Same Bat-time!  Same Bat-forum!

And BG:[spoiler] Pain In The . . .. .[/spoiler]

BentonGrey

Ahh, thanks for the clarification Yuan.  Well, we certainly have come down to it, haven't we?  This is where it gets REALLY tough.

Heal TAS (Not that it needs it)

Hurt West (Sorry Gray Ghost!)

Viking

Heal Adam West, so he can at least make a closer finish.
Hurt Terry McGinnis.

Mr. Hamrick

Previsionary

bat1987

kkhohoho

|