• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Freedom Reborn Anniversary Event

Started by Camma, April 11, 2007, 11:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camma

Well we almost forgot our own anniversary, We will have a celebration Sunday (yes this Sunday) April 15th.  This year we are keeping it relatively small (no week long celebration) and having a Costume/Concept Contest in Atlas Park for non-FR contestants where we will be giving away 6 Million influence in prizes.  Even though this contest will be for non-memebers, we hope you will come by and say hello and check out the costumes.

Afterwords the plan is to head to the Galaxy City Arena for a FR and friends arena battle.  Initialy plans are for 2 vs 2 battles just for fun.  And BAD mentioned running some Gladiator matches as well if there is any interest.  Finally, the event will rap up with a dance party in Pocket D for any and all.  Don't forget to bring your boombox.

I know this is pretty short notice, but let's all take a break from our regular sunday night squads and come out to celebrate.

The costume contest will begin at 8 pm EST, followed by the arena event at 9 pm until we feel like dancing!

Funeral-Pyre

I will be there.  If you need judging assistance, I will gladly lend my two cents to the costume contest.

Camma

And influence, dont forget about the money. :P

MJB

So what is this FR's 3rd anniversary?

The 15th is also my 3 month anniversary. I'll get my trench coat on Sunday. :)

MJB_jr is leaving on Saturday so I should be able to attend whatever festivities on Sunday.

-MJB

Midnight

I'll try to be there. Strike/Dinner is that night. >.>

Camma

Yeah it the third anniversary of FR in City of Heroes.

Accordingly the winner of the costume/concept contest will get 3 million in influence.  I am thinking there may be the possibility of separate winner for concept and costume (although both would be required to enter) but ill just leave that to my own discretion after i read those bios (and its been a long time since ive read a good one outside of our coalition).

El Condor

I would love to attend, but seeing as la seƱora will be returning Sunday after a week of tending to her sick dad, that day will be reserved for much-needed QT together.  There's a chance I could make it for the arena or dancing, though.

EC

Tortuga

I hope to be there as Tortuga for the costume contest.  Not sure who for the arena matches -- Tortuga, Sea Spectre or Bravebird.

Huzzah for 3 years!

Windy

Thread bumped and event posted for the Babes.  Congrats on 3 years if I don't make it!  Have a wonderful time!  Hope some of our Babes can come out and join you guys in celebration.  Huzzah!!!

Alaric

I'll be there when I can. Can't guarantee when that will be- might make it for the whole thing, or just some of the later stuff...

MJB

What do I get for showing up? :P

-MJB

GhostMachine

Question: Will there be any group pictures taken for the FR-COH website?

The reason I ask is because when I showed up before for the first anniversary pic, I ended up in a bad spot and am barely visible, and I wasn't around for last year's anniversary.

Zapow

Hopefully we can take some pics in the HQ afterwards.

Time Titan

I'll be there for the CC and can donate towards the prizes if need be.  Depending on the turnout prior to the contest, a few of us could hit the other zones and announce FR's 3rd Anniversary CC Event.

GhostMachine

Looks like I'm not going to make it. I've been having trouble sleeping the last 3 days or so, meaning I'll be hitting the sack instead of logging in for the festivities. Have fun, all.

El Condor

Big fun! Sorry I couldn't come sooner.  I still like the idea of a new FR group picture, if we could organize that sometime.

Happy Anniversary, Reborners! :thumbup:

EC

MJB

I missed the costume contest and the first round of PvP. When I logged in I was lucky enough to join the second(?) round of the  FR PvP event. Lots of fun was had. I placed 3rd on most of the events.

After the bulk of the FR people logged off I began to host the PvP events. Even more fun was had.

Freedom Reborn needs to have their 3rd anniversary more often. Twas mui fun!

-MJB

Time Titan

I have about 20 mins. of raw footage from the Costume Contest.  I'll try to chop it down to 10 mins and upload it to youtube.com.  Atlas Park was packed last night for the event.  The lag was pretty bad for me.  I'm still not sure who won the contest and what order finalist placed.

I also enjoyed the PVP event last night, lots of fun :)

B A D

I got my booty kicked around something fierce in  PVP, but it was still fun.

Funeral-Pyre

It was a blast indeed.  Many of the participants were commenting about the number of people who were present for the contest.  I think FR made a good showing.  I even spoke to a couple of people interested in joining the SG. 

Time Titan

Camma

Cool, nice thinking TT.  Oh and don't worry about the money Camma had plenty plus she made a withdrawl from the Bank of Beau  :lol:

El Condor

Great work with the video, TT. It would be sweet to see some fellow rookies in the SG!   :)

EC

Uncle Yuan