• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

FR/BoW Valentines Event (includes related SG's)

Started by gdaybloke, February 12, 2007, 05:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweomer Knight

I'll definitely miss Sunday but I hope to make tonight and tomorrow; at least for part of the time.

Kinda tricky though, my current FR toon is female and DK (who's run all of two missions in the last 15 months) certainly isn't going to win any cuteness awards.

Quote from: GhostMachine on February 15, 2007, 11:31:24 PM
I'd suggest another event for us V-Day haters, but I can't think of any good ideas for a Love Stinks night....

Even though I've never seen it, this made me think of the movie "The Wedding Singer."  Being 35 and single, you'd think I'd be the bitter one. (I know you're 35 too, I'm just being facetious.)

DK

gdaybloke

Last I knew, Darkhart, Marmeille and Ms Knockout were all female mains... heh.

That said, I'll be there as Gday...

B A D

Waitaminnut. You have to show up as Momma for the romantic tension.

Dweomer Knight

Quote from: B A D on February 16, 2007, 09:05:19 AM
Waitaminnut. You have to show up as Momma for the romantic tension.

Yeah!  We can have a love triangle.  Or some other geometric shape depending on how many people participate.  I was always fond of hyperbolic paraboloids.

DK

Funeral-Pyre

You guys have fun.  Top and I will be out of town this weekend, celebrating our anniversary.  We should be back in time for family time on Sunday, though.

You guys have a good one!

Celtic-Knight

I should be able to make it all three nights ^^ Tho, I might be a bit late tonight, but I will be there!

gdaybloke

Well, I'll offer huge thanks to Marm, Dwoemer Knight and EmJayBee for being the only FR folk who turned up... and great big huggles for all the Babes that turned up too!  Large apologies for my rampant vanishing though - my wireless connection decided to undergo spasmodic fits at the worst time... just my bloody luck.

Hopefully we'll get a decent turn out for Saturday Night Fever!
(and hopefully my connection will stay up this time)

Dweomer Knight

I'd like to apologize for my early drop.  My router went kaput.

I'm going to try and make it tonight but it probably won't be until after 9:00 before I can get on.

DK

gdaybloke

Looks like you, me, and Meej all had connection issues. It's a conspiracy, I tells ya!

When I finally managed to get back on the Babes were running Pocket D mishes so we just joined in the fun.

Thanks to an overall productive yesterday, I have all three costume options on all bar one of my Freedom toons, so expect Anzac to be out with his troops tonight.

Fair warning, we're apparently having houseguests, though I don't predict them to here past 7:30ish... but you never know.

MJB

Fun was had with the few FR peeps and the Babes. I made it until the Simon Says competition before my connection timed out. :( After I got booted Ms_MJB wanted to watch a television show with me so I chose her over attempting to re-connect. :wub:

-MJB

gdaybloke

Wuv... twu wuv... choosing your missus over a gaggle of spandex-clad hotties... attaboy!

Hopefully we can finish up your Valentines missions tonight Meej?

CeresCeres

It seems like a lot of people had connection issues, lol. ^^;

Midnight

Sorry I missed it toni... er... last... night? Kinda got in and almost immediately fell asleep. Maybe next year eh?

gdaybloke

Okay, so...

Friday night I was supposed to run a cute couples contest followed by Pocket D, and ended up having massive connection issues...

Saturday night I was supposed to run a date hunt followed by Pocket D, ended up participating in an open costume contest in AP followed by Pocket D...

Sunday night I was supposed to run a sappy poetry competition followed by Pocket D, didn't get home from Niagara and online til after close to 10EST, ended up running some Pocket D with Spe-Dog, CK and Jill.

So... clearly, I should forget about trying to tie games and whatnot in with events in CoH, and just go with the flow. Apologies that I wasn't able to live up to the last-minute hype, and I hope everyone had fun anyway...

Maybe next time we can get planning sooner and actually have more interest from the FR side than just two or three people...

Uncle Yuan

The interest was willing, but the timing was weak.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend, it sounded fun.  I was home for the weekend (as opposed to being out of town at school) and had my son.  Friday night we watched Nacho Libre and Saturday we made a bonfire in the backyard and made s'mores.

Next weekend I'm good for any kind of hero/villain fun!

gdaybloke

Just one of those things, I think, Yuan. It was all rather last minute as was, I acknowledge that.

If nothing else, last night I finally got to hang out with Spe-Dog and help him out with his mishes.

El Condor

Quote from: gdaybloke on February 19, 2007, 04:09:00 AM
So... clearly, I should forget about trying to tie games and whatnot in with events in CoH, and just go with the flow. Apologies that I wasn't able to live up to the last-minute hype, and I hope everyone had fun anyway...

Maybe next time we can get planning sooner and actually have more interest from the FR side than just two or three people...

Hola G'day (was that redundant?),

Self-flog thyself not!  You and, I'm sure, many others (myself included) who were interested in this event ran into a little thing called RL, and that makes organized video game playing tricky.  It's clear that a lot of the people in this community have spouses, significant others, kids, busy families, night jobs and even (gasp!) social lives!  :o  It's not like we're a bunch of pimply fifteen year olds with nothing to do but play MMOs and avoid homework.  I appreciate your effort to pull these ambitious plans together, and had the fates smiled I'm sure it would have been spectacular.  There are also times, though, like a couple of weekends ago when so many people were able to show up for a task force that we had to split into teams.  So I feel that future efforts towards organized CoX fun are still very worthy endeavors, if never guaranteed.

Thanks for the hard work, amigo!

EC

P.S. and gracias for taking the time for the HAMSTER invite last night.  POTUS XL3 is off to a rockin' start - level 2 to 8 just last night! :thumbup:

Alaric

I think overall it was more of a "bad timing" thing than a lack of interest. In my case, I had friends' (singing) performances to go to both Friday and Saturday night, and of course had the usual "prior CoH commitment" on Sunday.

Sorry I missed it, though- at least I got to participate in some event stuff with a few people later on...

GhostMachine

Quote from: Alaric on February 19, 2007, 08:38:43 AM

I think overall it was more of a "bad timing" thing than a lack of interest. In my case, I had friends' (singing) performances to go to both Friday and Saturday night, and of course had the usual "prior CoH commitment" on Sunday.

Sorry I missed it, though- at least I got to participate in some event stuff with a few people later on...

Definitely bad timing for me. I planned on showing up for a couple of the events but was unable to.