• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

mix-n-match

Started by herodad1, December 07, 2007, 10:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herodad1

i hope this is in the right spot but i wanted to start a thread that involves trying different skins with different meshes to come up with something new.not to take away from anyones creations or ideas.example:i wanted a different capt.boomerang so i put firestorms cap.boomerang skin on grens boomerang mesh.it turned out perfect for what i was looking for.or maybe putting a kf on a mesh that comes out totally different.another example:putting c6's doc doom on rens hourman3 mesh.simple ideas.anyone with a simple idea they stumbled across  could share an idea.like i said before....not trying to take away from anyones creations.

herodad1

ok,ive finally come up with a good URSA MAJOR recipe.take inks caliban mesh,give it tj's gorilla kfs, then throw in valandars crinos_garou skin.

Outcast

Have you tried C6's Punisher Classic skin? The readme states that it was done for a TM basic holster (hexed mesh). Since i had always had some problems using TM meshes, i tried using this skin in another mesh. (Can't let a good classic skin by C6 go to waste now can we? ^_^) Texas Jack's Punisher. It looks just as good if not better. :thumbup:

herodad1

herodad1

c6's punisher does look good.ok heres another one.billdamn's tick skin,bobby 69's male_muscular_points mesh(yahoo group 1), and rens wildcat kf's.i called him the blue badger.

daglob

I took Atomic Robot's Dirty Harry skin for Male Suit/Male Suit Guns and put it on the new Male Suit Gun mesh. I had to do a little work on the face, but only copy and paste stuff. The best thing is he draws his pistol to fire it, instead of walking around with it in his fist all the time.

Outcast

Quote from: herodad1 on February 17, 2008, 07:12:26 AM
c6's punisher does look good.ok heres another one.billdamn's tick skin,bobby 69's male_muscular_points mesh(yahoo group 1), and rens wildcat kf's.i called him the blue badger.

I didn't know you could use one of rens kf's on a bobby 69 mesh so i haven't tried it yet...sounds cool though.

wickerman

I had an issue with Inks Huntress mesh where the default skin appeared topless (ok how much of an issue is that really?)  Regardless, I never did figure out why she left her top home so i was screwing around and ended up using an older Huntress skin (the one in the purple outfit) on that mesh and it created a blended outfit with the new mask, hair and cape style with the old color scheme - i actually like it better than Huntress's current costume (or any other for that matter)

I can't tell you at the moment which one of the skins it was, but it was for the female-cape mesh - I believe I got it from one of the folks archived on alex's Freedom Fortress

herodad1

i'm a real stickler when it comes to height comparisons between characters.never could find a good mesh for colossus.basics were to small and to me male_heavy was too bulky for him.not anymore.thanks to hitman and c6 i found the right combo.hitmans mr.incredible skope with c6's colossus skin(or any of the colossus skins out...i think ive got them all).

AfghanAnt

Quote from: wickerman on February 19, 2008, 04:46:42 AM
I had an issue with Inks Huntress mesh where the default skin appeared topless (ok how much of an issue is that really?)  Regardless, I never did figure out why she left her top home so i was screwing around and ended up using an older Huntress skin (the one in the purple outfit) on that mesh and it created a blended outfit with the new mask, hair and cape style with the old color scheme - i actually like it better than Huntress's current costume (or any other for that matter)

I can't tell you at the moment which one of the skins it was, but it was for the female-cape mesh - I believe I got it from one of the folks archived on alex's Freedom Fortress

Can you post a pic of the problem?

wickerman

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 19, 2008, 08:09:46 AM

Can you post a pic of the problem?

Sorry...   I don;t have it here..  when i get back to my other comp tonight ...  on second thought I don;t need to get banned for posting smut  :P

Mystik

Quote from: herodad1 on February 19, 2008, 05:42:00 AM
i'm a real stickler when it comes to height comparisons between characters.never could find a good mesh for colossus.basics were to small and to me male_heavy was too bulky for him.not anymore.thanks to hitman and c6 i found the right combo.hitmans mr.incredible skope with c6's colossus skin(or any of the colossus skins out...i think ive got them all).

you do know there is a colossus mesh right ?

herodad1

firestorms kgbeast skin looks very good on jiks male_heavy_chaingun mesh.i had to use c6's extra.tga's from his punisher chaingun skin to make the gun show up for kgbeast.i know gren made a colossus mesh but i thought col. needed to be taller.

daglob

Anoter one I thought of: any character that should have a gun (but doens't) on either the Phantom mesh or Adam Strange. Just about any Male Belt skin will go on The Phantom; hide some stuff on Adam Strange (or get a pre-hexeditied mesh from FX Force) and put guys that could use a raygun on it.

herodad1

i've come up with some good characters doing that.i thought unkoman's avatar skin needed something so i put him on his very own hex of nick fury.now he has a jet pack and a gun.i also took a red skull skin and put it on ren's noman_no cloak mesh and came up with a cool red skull with a gun.

daglob

Quote from: herodad1 on March 26, 2008, 02:25:58 PM
i've come up with some good characters doing that.i thought unkoman's avatar skin needed something so i put him on his very own hex of nick fury.now he has a jet pack and a gun.i also took a red skull skin and put it on ren's noman_no cloak mesh and came up with a cool red skull with a gun.

... I hadn't thought of that. That's beautiful.

herodad1

got a new one...daglobs blackbat skin and put it on billdamn's primus(hex of ren's hourman3)at billdamnsoriginalskinspot,with ren's original mr. terrific kf's.it looks cool.use the extra.tga's from the primus hex.

herodad1

anybody want a vx_captain mar-vell?i took the vx_apollo mesh,gave it c6's capt. mar-vell skin,then went to  http://spectralknightsffskingdom.freedomforceforever.com   and got the captain britian 6 pack,and copied the extra.tga from the Britanic skin and placed it in the capt. mar-vell skin folder to give it blonde hair.looks very good.

The_Baroness

a few quick ones,
almost all female skins to a hex of ink's black canary,or jim lee rogue without the extras

tortuga skin to male heavy + renegade's killer croc keyframe

hydra soldiers, hive soldiers, blood soldiers, some gijoe skins, shield agents into a skope of solid snake with only the gun and machine gun

Erradicator, Mon El, Paradox, Matrix, Hawk, Supernova, Pinacle, Red Robin  into ink's superman no shield no hammer, no belt and no hair... looks pretty nice

zombie skins and jason on male hunchback

King Zero, MJB, icicle, Xstream on iceman gold hex withouth the sparks...

Wonder Woman Matrix, on X-treme_sage

bearded

has anyone tried my overlay mesh?  it lets you mix and match different alpha tga's to get brand new skins.

daglob

Recently found a Melody Rogers (daughter of Diana Prince and Steve Rogers) which was done for the Eve mesh. Simple as anything to put it on a hexed Amazon Armored mesh. She won't throw the darn shield, though...

daglob

Quote from: bearded on May 12, 2008, 05:52:11 PM
has anyone tried my overlay mesh?  it lets you mix and match different alpha tga's to get brand new skins.

I've played with it a little. I think it is a neat little program/add-on/whatever.

daglob

Another, well, it isn't exactly a mix and match, but...

... I painted a silver-age Fly skin on a Yellowjacket mesh. It looks 'way better than the attempt at using Male Alpha Collar. I may re-do that on a Tom  Versatile mesh so that he can have his Buzz Gun. And the wings ought to be alpha enabled. Hmmm...

yell0w_lantern

You know, I have a fly girl mesh with a Buzz Gun.

Jakew

Someone kindly removed the cape from Volsung's Timm_Superman mesh for me, and I put C6's animated (Justice League Unlimited) Captain Atom and Jax-Ur skins on it. It looks great.

I also put his JLU Bizarro skin on the Timm_Superman mesh, and JLU John Stewart and Parasite on the Timm_male_basic mesh.

daglob

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on May 15, 2008, 09:48:13 AM
You know, I have a fly girl mesh with a Buzz Gun.

...and does it need a skin?

Jakew

Probably an obvious one, but Tommyboy's latest mr_fantastic_tvf mesh works well with Plastic Man, Elongated Man, Metamorpho, Shadowthief and pretty every other male_basic compatibable stretchy character skin available.

daglob

My avatar is a shape-shifting android. I hope to have him wehre he can switch between Texas Jack's Sandman, Plastic Man, and both of Tommy's Mr. Fantastics. Then give each one of them Shape Shift...

herodad1

well ive been playing around and found a cool combo for any hulking monsters you may want.went to fx force to the hexed meshes section to " other hexes 6" and got the maxx_gbt hex.as for skins el insensatez's shaggyman skin at alex's freedom fortress looks very good on it.looks like bigfoot.ive tried others that looks very good.thing_mk2, hellboy,hulk,abomination,garkain, ect...!i used the m25 keyframe transfer to give it a few extra attack kf's and tj's gorilla run kf's really look good with it also.alot of monster combos could come out of this.if it had a regular head instead of the pointed lower jaw it would also make a good grey hulk.

herodad1

if it had a regular head with some skoped on horns and daglobs new rhino skin it would make a cool humped over hulking rhino mesh.