• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

DC Request Thread

Started by FLASH_22798, March 12, 2007, 03:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

BentonGrey

Nice work, I like the green collar better.  I think you could probably go a few shades darker on her jumpsuit, but nice work on the hair, good job hexing it.

hoss20

Hey, Benton, here's my take on Metropolis SCU. I tried to duplicate the padding illustrated in the pictures you referred to. I used the PV_RiotCop mesh because of all the weapon animations and I liked the shoulder pads. I tried making the padding strictly on the mesh itself, but the mapping made the lines all crooked. So, I decided to use Tommyboy's armcuffs and went crazy with them. Let me know what you think. I'll take whatever constructive criticism you have to offer.

BentonGrey

Hey Hoss, excellent work there!  You did a really good job on the hexing, looks fantastic.  Great work man, really great work!  Thanks for doing this one for us!

UnkoMan

That is a really neat hex idea.

The only thing I could say is... you might not want all the cops to be smiling.

hoss20

QuoteThe only thing I could say is... you might not want all the cops to be smiling.

Point taken. I don't know what I was thinking. I'll change the look before I send it out.

Helix

Benton...

I was not aware there was an issue with Red Star's goggles not showing up. I'll look into it. (Sorry it took me so long to reply)

BentonGrey

No worries man, I should have PMed you, thanks for looking into it! ^_^

BatWing

sweet cop dude hoss delgado!! :o

BentonGrey

Hey guys, I'm still taking suggestions for 'ol Garth.  Aqualad needs to find a home.

:EDIT: Just to clarify, for those who haven't been watching this thread, by that I mean I'd like a male_basic type hex that looks appropriate for a boy in his late teens, basically not 'kid' proportions, just a little slimmer and a little shorter than a regular male_basic.  Think, Animated Series Robin to Batman.

:EDIT2: Another note, I'm putting the finishing touches on the underwater versions of all of my aquatic heroes, and I was just wondering if anyone had any watery weapon fx.  You know what I mean, like GL fx, but water?  I'm trying to think of some different powers for Mera, and I find I'm rather limited by this factor.

:EDIT3: Another random bit of arcana, but would anyone be willing to take the end .nif of seaurchin's bubble trap fx and turn it into an object mesh?  I'm going to let Mera create water cages for her enemies.

UnkoMan

Isn't there a male_thin or something? Granted, it might actually be TOO thin, so I dunno. Maybe take male basic and just... shrink it a tiny bit? Would that work?

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 16, 2007, 03:07:02 PM
Hey guys, I'm still taking suggestions for 'ol Garth.  Aqualad needs to find a home.

:EDIT: Just to clarify, for those who haven't been watching this thread, by that I mean I'd like a male_basic type hex that looks appropriate for a boy in his late teens, basically not 'kid' proportions, just a little slimmer and a little shorter than a regular male_basic.  Think, Animated Series Robin to Batman.

A thought just occurred, as I was trying to think of what other teen-sized meshes I had.....would Renegade's Superboy mesh be hexxable (cape & hair, I think) to work?  You'd probably have to ask Ren if he's ok with that, but I think it might be the size you're looking for.

Peerless1

BentonGrey

PG, I got Superboy and hexed him, and he looks pretty right for the land based Aqualad, however, there is a problem with the Swimmer keys.  He gets all stretched and....Plastic Man looking when he's swimming. 

Unko, I don't know if thin would work or not, but a hexed MB just might.

kssaints

Hey there Bent,
Here is a quick look at 5 of six of the Deep Six and I threw in a look at my Kobra_DC hex I am working on to see if you'd want it also. It's his 70's and 80's look. Anyway the sixth member should be done soon. Then I'll get them all to you and a few other one's I finished (fishermen henchmen and Lonar w/horse). Let me know if Kobra interests you at all.

Trok, Jaffar, Shaligo, Gole, Slig, and Kobra circa 1980ish.

BentonGrey

Wow.......just wow man, those guys look downright fierce!  Great work KS, and I deffinetly want that Kobra, one look is as good as another to me, since I don't really know that much about him.  You're skin/hex looks great, so that works for me.  I gotta' say, I think I'm liking Trok and Shaligo best, they look awesome!

hoss20

Benton,
   I resized the male_basic for Aqualad. I call it male_basic_18.

male_basic      male_basic_18      male_teen_14

Is that about the size you're looking for? By the way, I've got nothing to do this weekend. Do you have any more requests?

Jakew

Hooray! Someone did Kobra!

Also, Deep Six look cool ... even though I've never heard of them.

BentonGrey

Ohh, awesome Hoss!  Thanks man, that 18 is just what I'm looking for!

I wish I had seen this post before I left friday, I was out of town all weekend.  If you're still interested, I'll look through what I've got and see where the holes are.

hoss20

You bet, I'm still interested in helping out. I'll send the male_basic_18 your way.

BatWing

Quote from: kssaints on May 17, 2007, 07:44:48 PM
Hey there Bent,
Here is a quick look at 5 of six of the Deep Six and I threw in a look at my Kobra_DC hex I am working on to see if you'd want it also. It's his 70's and 80's look. Anyway the sixth member should be done soon. Then I'll get them all to you and a few other one's I finished (fishermen henchmen and Lonar w/horse). Let me know if Kobra interests you at all.

Trok, Jaffar, Shaligo, Gole, Slig, and Kobra circa 1980ish.

that dude with the whiplash is cool!

daglob

>Hey Bent,
>I'm alive and kicking. Here is a preview of a 70% finished Robotman for the DCU Mod. Oberon is next on my list.
>Let me know if Robotman is cool by you. Just need to finish the skin up.
>Kssaints

Yow! I've seen some good Robotman skins for Male basic, but this is fantastic.

kssaints

daglob-glad you liked Robotman. He's always been one of my favorites
Raijin-the credit goes to Tommyboy for the mesh. It is truely awesome. All I did was my owne skin to go on the mesh
JakeW-glad to see someone has enthusiasm for Kobra
Hoss 20- Ilove the male_basic_18 it is way overdue

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, sorry it's been a couple days without anything new happening on my end, but I've been plugging away at the first of the 'comics' EZScript mods, making pitifully little progress, but working none the less.  I have a couple of skin requests, and one just 'where is it' request.  First off, I need some kind of doctor or scientist skin/mesh.  Nothing fancy, just something that could pass for a doctor.  I'm thinking white lab coat here.  I could have sworn that FF2 had some such animal, but apparently not.  Anyroad, I'm sure something like this has been made at one point in time...so...can anyone point me in the right direction?

KS, I'm pretty caught up, so when you finish the Deep Six I'll build them in, but there is no hurry.  I'll be gone for most of next week, all the way until the 10th, so I won't be able to work on any of this until then anyway.  Are you still planning to do a hex for Kanto?  I hope so, your Steppenwolf was so awesome that I need a matched pair.

Hoss!  I haven't forgotten about you and your offer to help, but I'm afraid I've been remiss by not getting back to you sooner, sorry about that!  Anyroad, I could really use a Penguin skin for Webrider's Penguin hex.  It's available here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/webridermeshes2/

I'm looking for the animated series version.  Here are a couple of pics:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/bios/penguin/

Let me know if you're interested.

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: kssaints on May 22, 2007, 02:13:25 PM
Hoss 20- Ilove the male_basic_18 it is way overdue

yikes! for the love of God, somebody drop a cape on that bad boy, too! KSSaints isn't kidding -- an 18-year-old basic and caped could go a long way around here! :thumbup:

hoss20

Benton, consider the Penguin request to be taken. I'll get to work on it right away.

ElijahSnowFan, I'll look at putting a cape on the 18 year old. I would like to be able to have it move correctly rather than just pasting it on, but I'll see how it goes. I'll make an official release of them if people are interested.

Jakew

There is an excellent Penguin skin for that mesh by ... um, the guy who did all those Silver Age Batman skins. He has a webpage. You know, the guy? Sorry, I've got a total mental blank.  :doh:

BentonGrey

Atomic Robot, right, I have that skin, and it is a great one.  It's got all of AR's trademark brightness to it, but I'm looking for something reflecting the animated series look for the Penguin. 

Thanks Hoss, I can't wait to see how he turns out!  Ohh, just a note, you don't have to worry about portraying his deformities, like his flipper hands or anything.

doctorchallenger

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 25, 2007, 01:39:08 PM

Hoss!  I haven't forgotten about you and your offer to help, but I'm afraid I've been remiss by not getting back to you sooner, sorry about that!  Anyroad, I could really use a Penguin skin for Webrider's Penguin hex. 

Not to take away from Hoss' fine work, but were you aware that Atomic Robot has two separate Penguin skins for that mesh? One based on comics and one based on the the Bergess Meredith portrayal in the TV show.  Just to let you know.  Oh and there was one based on the Danny Devito-Batman Returns version, by someone who used to host at Freedom Corps (where Toxic J used to hang his hat back in the day), but I can't remember who it is.

UnkoMan

The original animated Penguin design? Ew. I always thought it a shame they had to base it on the movie. The skullet does nothing for him, in my opinion. I thought his later design was MUCH better.

As for guy in labcoat... You know I always wanted to take off the briefcase and gun and hat on O'Connor, and skin a scientist on that. Now I finally have a reason to try... Assuming he has a head under there!

If not... well I'll have to look around a bit. But I really want to skin a non descript scientist, in a lab coat. Will I be able to find a long coat mesh I can stand? A question for the ages.

BentonGrey

Well, I am looking for that particular look, which I know that AR never skinned.  (At least not to my knowledge) 

Yeah, I don't much like the 'flippers' part of the design, but I can't believe you don't like it better than the later version.  I mean, that one was just black and white.  I do like his physical apperance better from that, though:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/tnba/bios/penguin/

But the TAS version is just a bit more colorful.  Hoss, you can use the face from this above version, if it helps any.

Glad to hear you're interested in the scientist type too, Unko.  Here's hoping you find a match! ^_^

|