• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Twilight Corps RPG

Started by Sword, January 31, 2007, 07:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sword

As you pick the key, it flies towards the fifth door. But before you can head that way, a screen pops up in front of you with Smiling Jack's face on it.
"Perhaps you don't fully comprehend. Should you fake it, or attempt to sabotage the other team's progress, the citizens will die." And to punctuate his point, your image appears on the screen. repeating your last words.
"All of Sunset City just heard your brilliant plan. As a result, the time limit has been reduced to one hour. Good luck"

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 28, 2007, 07:24:45 PM
As you pick the key, it flies towards the fifth door. But before you can head that way, a screen pops up in front of you with Smiling Jack's face on it.
"Perhaps you don't fully comprehend. Should you fake it, or attempt to sabotage the other team's progress, the citizens will die." And to punctuate his point, your image appears on the screen. repeating your last words.
"All of Sunset City just heard your brilliant plan. As a result, the time limit has been reduced to one hour. Good luck"

"..." A look of anger apears on Heat's face. Beutifull.  Now what do we do?  "...Gabe, let's go."  With that said, the duo head off into door 5.

Dweomer Knight

(Citizens being killed on a game show?!?!  And I didn't I see that guy the other day?)

Has this show ever been on before?  What station is running it?  If I've never heard of this show I'm going to call the station airing it to find out what's going on.  If this is showing on every station then I turn to my Morgothic and ask, "So... you know anything about hijacking TV feed signals?"

DK

Lord Elcorion

OOG: sorry for not replying the last couple days, i've been busy running errands and stuff at home, and then got knocked on my arse with a really painful facial infection..

IG: shadow grumbles under his breath, but isn't sure what he can do about the mad game show, so he just waits and watches.

Sword

Umbral: He shrugs. "Nope. But this happens every week. Somehow, he taps into the signal, and they can't get it back until the show's done."
Shadow: Your Morgothic companion pulls out the phonebook and rings up Pyramid Tower. In a few seconds, a faceof binary code  appears on the screen. "Firewall here. Thanks for you call. We were expecting Jack to do this tomorrow. I'm tracking the signal now."
Heat: Door Five! opens. You and Gabe seem to be at the bottom of some kind of slanted scaffolding. There's a resounding boom overhead.
Gabe looks up and swears. "The Psycho put us in a game of Donkey Kong!"

Lord Elcorion

Quote from: Sword on March 01, 2007, 05:40:55 PM
Shadow: Your Morgothic companion pulls out the phonebook and rings up Pyramid Tower. In a few seconds, a faceof binary code  appears on the screen. "Firewall here. Thanks for you call. We were expecting Jack to do this tomorrow. I'm tracking the signal now."
:doh: "good thinking."

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on March 01, 2007, 05:40:55 PM
Heat: Door Five! opens. You and Gabe seem to be at the bottom of some kind of slanted scaffolding. There's a resounding boom overhead.
Gabe looks up and swears. "The Psycho put us in a game of Donkey Kong!"

Donkey Kong?  Suddenly, Heat sees barrels comeing at them, with a still hammer in front.  Since Heat is no acrobat, he grabs the hammer.  An invincibilty feild surrounds him.  Woah, Heat thinks.  All that's left is me swinging the hammer like crazy.  With that said, Heat sees more barrels, and proceeds to knock them away with the Hammer while moving forward.  "Come on, Gabe!".  Gabe flys over the barrels, and the 2 of you proceed up the red, iron metal beams.  Eventually, the invincibility fieldd runs out, but the duo is close to the top.  "I bet we got a good score." says Heat in a joking manner.

Uncle Yuan

OOC: Post removed - UY didn't understand what was going on.  He's with the program now.  Pun intended.

Sword

Nope: Green and Caleb are the other team. Nice try though. You still have to pick a key.
Caleb pauses for a moment, and turns the box upsidedown.
Smiling Jack scowls. "What was that supposed to prove?"
"Just that you follow your own rules. Look..."
Having been freed from the box, all the keys fly towards the doors, popping them open.
"Tell me, you wouldn't happen to be a lawyer, would you?" Smiling Jack sighs.
Caleb smiles. "I'd tell you, but it would cost you fifty bucks an hour." Caleb looks over at you, Green. "Let's split up. Just remember to pay VERY close attention to Jack's words and you'll find the loophole everytime. I'll take door number eight."

Somewhere in the walls of this weird place, you can hear what sounds like two different electric currents doing battle.

Heat

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on March 02, 2007, 06:26:11 PM
Nope: Green and Caleb are the other team. Nice try though. You still have to pick a key.
Caleb pauses for a moment, and turns the box upsidedown.
Smiling Jack scowls. "What was that supposed to prove?"
"Just that you follow your own rules. Look..."
Having been freed from the box, all the keys fly towards the doors, popping them open.
"Tell me, you wouldn't happen to be a lawyer, would you?" Smiling Jack sighs.
Caleb smiles. "I'd tell you, but it would cost you fifty bucks an hour." Caleb looks over at you, Green. "Let's split up. Just remember to pay VERY close attention to Jack's words and you'll find the loophole everytime. I'll take door number eight."

Somewhere in the walls of this weird place, you can hear what sounds like two different electric currents doing battle.

Heat

OOC: Heat...did what now? :huh:

Sword

(Sorry about that. Forgot to make a Heat post)

Heat: Apparently who ever created the donkey kong went to the pablo picasso school of monkey design. There's nothing about this monkey that even looks a monkey, much less a pixelated one. It seems to have zero peripheral vision, as proven by Gabe when he walks right past the side of it.

On the other side of the monkeything is a bubble with a person inside. Gabe pushes on it and the bubble pops, setting the victim free.

You and Gabe wind up at the main lobby for the show. All the doors in front of you are open, save number eight.

Uncle Yuan

OOC: Keeping score - five completed, eight underway.

Green Man looks around the room with a scowl.  With a look of deep frustration he proceeds to door number one, pauses a moment*, and walks through.

[spoiler] Before going through the door I try to get a read on what's onthe other side.  Any plants or raw elemental materials should give me a pretty good read.[/spoiler]

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on March 03, 2007, 03:46:57 AM
(Sorry about that. Forgot to make a Heat post)

Heat: Apparently who ever created the donkey kong went to the pablo picasso school of monkey design. There's nothing about this monkey that even looks a monkey, much less a pixelated one. It seems to have zero peripheral vision, as proven by Gabe when he walks right past the side of it.

On the other side of the monkeything is a bubble with a person inside. Gabe pushes on it and the bubble pops, setting the victim free.

You and Gabe wind up at the main lobby for the show. All the doors in front of you are open, save number eight.

Number Eight...Heat picks up the last key, and it flies to door #8.  "Come on Gabe."  The 2 then go into door #8.

Sword

(Eight is underway, no keys needed.)

Heat:Smiling Jack appears before you again. "You certainly got through that challenge quick. But you can't go through that door as its in use by the other team. Pick another."

Green: There is no plant matter on the otherside. So as you walk through, the thing you see is M.C. Escher's fabled perspective painting.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on March 03, 2007, 04:48:04 PM
(Eight is underway, no keys needed.)

Heat:Smiling Jack appears before you again. "You certainly got through that challenge quick. But you can't go through that door as its in use by the other team. Pick another."

After the duo talk to each other, Heat gives an answer.  "...I pick door 10."

Sword

Door 10 opens and you are confronted by a long winding maze. Two creatures stand before you: The Grim Reaper and the Hound Of Baskervilles.
They look at you. "By the rules of the maze, you must choose a guide. If you choose death, you shall not die on your way to the goal. But there are other ways to destroy a man than death. If you choose the hound, you need not fear what lies ahead but you might die with all the traps. Choose wisely."

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on March 03, 2007, 06:01:00 PM
Door 10 opens and you are confronted by a long winding maze. Two creatures stand before you: The Grim Reaper and the Hound Of Baskervilles.
They look at you. "By the rules of the maze, you must choose a guide. If you choose death, you shall not die on your way to the goal. But there are other ways to destroy a man than death. If you choose the hound, you need not fear what lies ahead but you might die with all the traps. Choose wisely."

"...Can each of us follow one guide?"

Sword

"There is no rule against it."

(OOC: As a sidenote: After adding in your characters, my character list just hit 100 Omegas!)

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on March 03, 2007, 07:12:39 PM
"There is no rule against it."

(OOC: As a sidenote: After adding in your characters, my character list just hit 100 Omegas!)

OOC: Congrats!

IG:  "Gabe, go with the dog.  And use your..."ground-less-ness" to avoid anything that could do harm to you."  "No problem."  "I'll go with death.  I've had my fair share of it."

Sword

Green: You get a sense that Caleb is waiting for you. He's finished with his mission. But the world you're is starting to fuzz out.
Heat: The walls around you shimmer, and for a moment you see the person you're supposed to rescue vanish as if grabbed by an outside force.
Umbral: Your morgothic suggests hitting the streets. Any number of things could be happening while Smiling Jack is on the air.
Shadow: The binary code face reappears. "Five minutes. In five minutes, the signal will be down and Jack's world will fade. You might want to get down there. Jack gets violent if he's preempted. The location today is five blocks south of yours.

Lord Elcorion

"we're on it." motioning to my charge, i take flight, heading for the location firewall mentioned. "so what sort of powers did you get out of Morgoth's little "forced evolution?" cuase we're probably gonna need 'em bad"

Sword

"Telepathy, Duplication, Fire and the ability to summon flying monkeys." When you look at her, she shrugs. "Wish I was kidding."

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on March 04, 2007, 09:54:38 AM
Heat: The walls around you shimmer, and for a moment you see the person you're supposed to rescue vanish as if grabbed by an outside force.

Heh...If it's not an Omega, then it's impossible, and has to be an illusion.  Heat had prior experience with illusions, both in the physical sense, and the mental sense.  With his forever roadtrip, his life was not uneventfull.

Lord Elcorion

Quote from: Sword on March 04, 2007, 03:03:47 PM
"Telepathy, Duplication, Fire and the ability to summon flying monkeys." When you look at her, she shrugs. "Wish I was kidding."
"well.. the monkeys can serve as a distraction, at the very least. look, i think we're here."

Sword

Shadow: You are indeed. The place is a warehouse for a company called Aftershock Futures. There seem to be some kind of camera drones flying around.
Umbral: Your morgothic brings you out on the streets. You see what looks like two demon approaching a warehouse. This warehouse has some drones flying around it.
Heat: Death drops to his knees. "The world is collapsing. you must get out!"
Green: Around you, the world starts to fade in and out. whatever illusion held you is fading. You can see a person being freed from some upside down chains. She falls, and a spiral slide of ice forms, giving her safe transit.

Green and Heat: A voice sounds all around you. "Smiling Jack, you've been canceled and your time slot taken by When Cute things attack." The world around you finally crashes to a halt. There's nothing left. As you look on, Gabe and Caleb rejoin you.
Smiling Jack is angry. "How dare you ruin my show! I'll destroy you..." He waves his hand and a phalanx of robots appears intent on destroying you.

Frostbite of the Icecaps. and Firewall, Sword and Dr Wyvern of The Twilight Corps take up fighting positions. Dr Wyvern looks at you guys and says "You six going to help out?"

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on March 04, 2007, 05:39:12 PM
Heat: Death drops to his knees. "The world is collapsing. you must get out!"
Green: Around you, the world starts to fade in and out. whatever illusion held you is fading. You can see a person being freed from some upside down chains. She falls, and a spiral slide of ice forms, giving her safe transit.

Green and Heat: A voice sounds all around you. "Smiling Jack, you've been canceled and your time slot taken by When Cute things attack." The world around you finally crashes to a halt. There's nothing left. As you look on, Gabe and Caleb rejoin you.
Smiling Jack is angry. "How dare you ruin my show! I'll destroy you..." He waves his hand and a phalanx of robots appears intent on destroying you.

"Gabe, help out the people attacking the robots!  I'll fight Jack!"  Heat then fires at Jack, but he isn't trying to kill him.  He'd already been in court before.

Sword

Heat:
12   8
8   4
10   11
11   5

4 successes to 2. Jack gets knocked on his butt, and skitters across the ground, before finally impacting a brick wall. He'll be out for a bit, but the robots are still there.

Lord Elcorion

anyone ever see a demon who can benchpress 100 tons kickbox robots? now you have.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on March 04, 2007, 07:06:31 PM
Heat:
12   8
8   4
10   11
11   5

4 successes to 2. Jack gets knocked on his butt, and skitters across the ground, before finally impacting a brick wall. He'll be out for a bit, but the robots are still there.

Heat changes both his hands into M-26 TASER's in hopes of shutting down each robot with one fire each.

Sword

Robots are flying through the air, being shocked, frozen and blasted. Smiling Jack staggers to his feet just as a robot flies towards him. He very quickly erases the robot's existence, but not before the displaced air knocks him back into the wall. Today is not his day.

|