• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

watchmen

Started by bearded, December 16, 2008, 01:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

does anyone have a good set of hero files?  done in the usagent level if possible.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: bearded on December 16, 2008, 01:42:34 AM
does anyone have a good set of hero files?  done in the usagent level if possible.

None of them have powers besides Dr Manhattan and honestly he could just wave his hand over a bad guy and dissolved them. I'm not sure how you would do him but the rest are brawlers with Comedian having explosives and firearms and Ozymandias being a perfect human with extremely high intelligence and able to catch bullets.

bearded

right...but some specifics i'm sure.  like rorshack should have grim resolve?  nite owl has gadgetry?  silk spectre hide in shadows?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: bearded on December 16, 2008, 07:55:53 AM
right...but some specifics i'm sure.  like rorshack should have grim resolve?  nite owl has gadgetry?  silk spectre hide in shadows?

I would probably just go with the heroe files of the characters they are based on

Silk Spectre - Black Canary (Original i.e. no canary cry)
Niteowl - Blue Beetle (add a batarang like attack instead of the air gun)
Rorschach - The Question (maybe hot tempered and grim resolve and some sort of tracking)
Dr Manhattan - While he is based on Captain Atom, he's extremely more powerful.

bearded

good idea, thank you.

AfghanAnt

No prob. All this Watchmen love has really got me itching to skin them myself.

DrMike2000

Rorschach could have a high damage Piercing ranged attack, using BlackJacks grappling hook FX, with a small stun chance and a stun-to-pull swap.

Give it a very high end cost, because he rarely uses his grappling gun as a weapon.

But yeah, Doc Manhattan breaks the game. Activate the debug menu and use it to play him - Debug Kill anyone on the map, teleport anywhere, its a surprisingly accurate portrayal of his power :)

bearded

how does one activate debug?

DrMike2000

I think its in System/init.py you add a line:

ff.DEBUG=1

I honestly cant remember off the top of my head, Beard. I'll check when I get home.

Oh yeah, you also get a DBG(Whack) command for knocking things around :)