• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

FX permissions

Started by quiet, March 18, 2007, 10:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quiet

With the ezscript/ffx3.2 available which allows scripting impaired people like myself to make mods for the community I was wondering what everybody's thoughts were on the release of fx within the mods.  I have  been able to install fx from the FX Force site among others so I will use those fx as the example becuse of the sheer volume of fx that can be found at FX Force.  Some of the fx I have tried to install from FX Force simply do not work for  :ffvstr:, some of them do.  I don't know why some work and some don't but I know that all of the FX Force fx are for  :ff:. So if I were to release a mod and I wanted to include the fx that I have downloaded and successfully installed do I credit each individual person that has made an fx that I used or are those fx even allowed to be used with  :ffvstr:? or is there a permission's list? Are there guideline's for this?

BentonGrey

I'm curious too, as I've updated several FX to work with FF2, and I wonder what the etiquette is on these situations.  For example, I've given new end.nifs to some of Spud's arrows, so that they would work properly in the new game.

Previsionary

It's customary to credit everyone's work you used and if you changed it, you should make note of it. Just like skins and meshes, if the artist has given permission for you to use the fx freely or specifically says how they want the fx used, you should try your best to respect the artists hard-work. Though, I'm pretty sure artists aren't as protective over fx (since a good majority turn out to be recolors) as they are over skins/meshes unless they did some fancy tga/nif work, so that depends.