• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

How strong is Invincible??

Started by Dr.Volt, June 28, 2007, 11:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Volt

I'm finally getting around to statting Invincible out...which got we wondering:  How strong do you think Invincible is? 

For example, he is stronger than The Immortal but just recently, in issue 43 he and Allen the Alien agree that Allen could probably take him in a fight.  And we know that Invincible is still not as strong as his father, Omni Man...nor as strong as most other Viltrumites for that matter.  But Mark makes short work of a great many villains he fights.  I'm also trying to remember how much weight I've seen him lift.

Any how, I'm guessing he's probably at least a STR 7 if not an 8, with his father probably being a STR 10. 

Also, I'm wondering what level of invulnerability you guys would give him?  He can withstand small arms fire and energy weapons pretty easily and can take a lot of damage.  But he has been known to take damage in combat.  And he nearly died in the battle with Nolan (aka Omni Man).

And while we're on the subject, what speed and agility would you guys give him?  He seems pretty darn fast.  I'm definitely thinking of the FFX attribute Air Superiority.

Actually, if you woundn't mind sharing your hero file, that would be cool too!

Please, your thoughts are welcomed! 

Jakew

I think you have the strength level about right. Nolan is physically the strongest organic being yet seen in Image universe. Invincible should still be nigh invulnerable though ...  he's only ever been hurt a handful of times in all 40 something issues:

* nearly killed by his Dad
* severely roughed up by an army of Maulers
* a black eye against the muscle-bound Capes villain
* knocked out by Battle Beast
* nearly killed by other Viltrumites

"Normal" villains shouldn't be able to damage him at all.

Dr.Volt

Quote from: Jakew on June 28, 2007, 04:37:09 PM
I think you have the strength level about right. Nolan is physically the strongest organic being yet seen in Image universe. Invincible should still be nigh invulnerable though ...  he's only ever been hurt a handful of times in all 40 something issues:

* nearly killed by his Dad
* severely roughed up by an army of Maulers
* a black eye against the muscle-bound Capes villain
* knocked out by Battle Beast
* nearly killed by other Viltrumites

"Normal" villains shouldn't be able to damage him at all.

Dude, thanks for the reply! Good to know I was on the right track.   :cool:

Podmark

He's getting stronger though. His early appearances would have lower stats.

Jakew

Thats right. As he says in the comic, when he fights Rampage "you would have kicked my butt early in my career ... lucky I've been working out". Implying he's getting stronger.

murs47

I know this is off topic. I've never read the series but I hear lots of good things about it and I'm a bit of a Kirkman fan is there a good jumping on point or trades you guys recommned?

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on June 28, 2007, 09:18:25 PM
I know this is off topic. I've never read the series but I hear lots of good things about it and I'm a bit of a Kirkman fan is there a good jumping on point or trades you guys recommned?

First off I love Invincible, and if you like Kirkman - wait you're a Kirkman fan without reading Invincible? How does that work?

That said it is a continuity heavy book, so if you could I'd highly suggest starting from the begining. However, issue 42 that recently came out was at a special cheaper price and was meant as a jumping on point, with a summary of the book's major events. Issue 0 which came out a couple of years ago would also be a good point.

murs47

How am I a Kirkman? The Irredeemable Ant-Man....that's how. Great series, too bad it's being canceled.

I'll look into getting the trades I guess. Starting from the beginning. Thanks for the info Pod :thumbup:

Podmark

Quote from: Dr.Volt on June 28, 2007, 11:46:19 AM
in issue 43 he and Allen the Alien agree that Allen could probably take him in a fight.

Allen was pumped up a while back. He's now as strong as a Viltrumite. Or was it stronger...I can't remember.

Jakew

murs47, the first three trades of Invincible are great, then the series just powers on at full steam ... you won't be disappointed.

Also, if you like Kirkman, do yourself a favour and check out Brit (another superhero set in the same Image universe as Invincible), and The Walking Dead.