• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Best Hero Files databases??

Started by CarlosMucha, June 19, 2007, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlosMucha

Hi!

just a question:

what are the best herofiles for download??

I see the ones on the Alex site and of course the Taskmaster ones. there is others out there? what are the best in your opinion??

CarlosMucha

well, I also find the Alex hero files, they are awsome.

but not even with the aTaskmaster herofiles and the Alex one I have ALL the herofiles for ALL my characters.

there is another place were I can find more herofiles already made??

thansk in advance for the answer.

Carlos

DEATH

Hi CarlosMucha,

I would direct you to another thread in this very forum:

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41585.0

Those hero files, graciously provided by USAgent, are for  :ffvstr:  and are pretty comprehensive.  Even so, it's unlikely that they will cover every character you want.  For some characters there is simply no mesh, and for others no way to represent them in the game (or, at least, not without lots of custom FX).  Moreover, don't forget that you can always go ahead and make your own hero files...

As for which are best...my own, because they are exactly how I want them.  Everyone has their own take on comic-book characters, as they are very subjective, and only you will interpret them exactly how you want them. 

Having said that, the two you've already found (Alex and TaskmasterX) plus USAgent each produce excellent hero files, and each is consistent within their own files.  Because there is so much room for interpretation, however, they won't always match well with each other.

DEATH

CarlosMucha

thanks guys!

yes I notice that about the Alex files.. they are more "simple" than the Taskmaster ones.

I'm trying to create some by myself (Aliens and Predators, right now I also create OMACs herofiles but still they feell like with much power they don't die! lol I guess still don't know the things what I have to know for do good herofiles. still have some confusion in some options, specially the level of each power in this window:

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/cmucha/?action=view&current=1.jpg

when I put up each power I don['t have idea of what level put in that screen.

same for some of the defense powers.

I will keep working on that!

TaskMasterX

Quote from: ips on July 04, 2007, 09:31:51 AM
USAgent's hero files are among the best. his stuff conforms to TMX's standards and his herofiles are very creative as well. where alex's and TMX's usually only cover a few basic powers, his hero files depict a broader range of powers.

2 hairy thumbs up on USAgents hero files as a suppliment to anything you can't find elsewhere or as your base set!
My hero files cover alot more than "only a few basic powers". Ever since I got into coding, I've begun to write new scripts for powers that don't exist in the game and I began to release the hero files as basically a mod which includes the hero files and all the changes I did to the game. So it takes a bit more work to install mine. I also have been trying to fill up as many power slots as possible for characters that have alot of powers or can use their powers in a multitude of ways. So if you haven't checked out my hero files lately, you might want to take another look :)
USAgent's has done ALOT more than I have and has done characters I could never touch on since I haven't kept up to date with comics much, most of my hero files represent characters as they were in the 70s-90s. Agent's hero files includes characters that are a bit more recent. But my hero files are probably the most detailed you'll find.

CarlosMucha

I was enjoyn the USAgent herofiles a lot in  :ffvstr: but don't ask me exactly why I ended to love the  :ff: look more soo now I'm using the Taskmaster herofiles. they are a blast!

a lot of right powers and a lot of things in power like I imagine the characters.

I just wish Taskmaster keep doing herofiles for FF1

question: USAgent have herofiles for FF1??

USAgent

I'll go ahead and send off my FF1 hero files to you.  They arnt as near as detailed as my FFV3R hero files and there was alot less thought put into them (and they are old)

CarlosMucha

YES!

USAgent please send me all your FF1 files! :thumbup: (I PM you my adress)

I enjoy not soo detailed things, lol. why? well because I'm doing some herofiles myself for some characters (Aliens, Predators, OMACs etc) and I don't think I can do (yet) complicated and soo details herofiles yet, soo with FF1 herofiles I feel good.

sweeten2213

I've actually found that using TMX's conversion chart, and creating my own hero files using various RPG sites like these :

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/benriely/

http://www.classicmarvel.com/

has worked best for me.  With TMX's hard work on the chart everything seems to be accurate and relative.  The Benriely site is really up to date, too.  Of course it's a lot of work and time consuming, but in the end you can find just about any character (I've been able to find RPG stats for all the 400 or so files I have) and their all relative to one another.

CarlosMucha

that is a great advice. great links thanks!

Indigo

Great links indeed  :thumbup:

But how can it be numerically categorized?

For example, Thanos

How can I interprete these values to apply for Strength, Speed, Agility, Endurance and Energy since only numbers (1-10) can be applied for the hero's statistics?

sweeten2213

You can download TMX's conversion chart -

http://www.geocities.com/taskmasterxff/

from the downloads section.  The chart can be a little complicated, but it has been my FF bible.  The charts will tell you what equals what (i.e. Amazing STR = 6 ).  The conversions are as accurate as they could be considering the incredible variance in comics (from a child to a God and everything in between) and everything is relative.

Here's another link, too :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/maze/8681/archive2.html

Indigo

Hmmm, kinda complicated but I'll be spending more time with it. :)

EDIT: Can anyone explain to me using TMX's conversion chart on how to calculate for Speed and Power pls?

Panther_Gunn

I haven't looked at TMX's chart in a while, but I remember something *someone* had said on the subject of speed before.  For anyone that doesn't have *some* reason for being faster (super speed, flight ring, enhanced musculature, etc), people with a 4 or less END would have a speed of 3, and a 5 or higher END would be a Speed of 4.

To be honest, both of the abilities are a bit subjective.  You might want to decide who is going to be the top representative of each one (such as The Flash and The Hulk), and then order people from there.  It's not always about what's correct, but what *feels* right to you.

NomadX

Is there a hero file editor for FFvTTR?

Panther_Gunn

Not specifically, however, Alex's EZHero utility, made for  :ff:, will still manipulate most things on  :ffvstr: hero files.  It just won't recognize additions the new game had, such as cone attacks, or things like Limey Lure.  It probably won't have any of the newer FFX attributes listed, either, but it's still more useful than going into the game to make *every* change.

sweeten2213

Quote from: Indigo on July 26, 2007, 04:18:01 AM
Hmmm, kinda complicated but I'll be spending more time with it. :)

EDIT: Can anyone explain to me using TMX's conversion chart on how to calculate for Speed and Power pls?

Yes, it is complicated.  After you do quite a few, it starts to get to the point you don't need the chart for most of it.

As far as speed, if a character has no super speed or flier attribute, they get a 4 unles their endurance is below excellent.  Excellent or below gets a 3.  Super Speed characters use the chart.  Also, use the agility chart to something to speed if it applies (6 or 7 agility add 1, 8 or 9 agility add 2, 10 agility add 3).  Only add the agility bonus for those without super speed - super speed just use the number on the speed chart.

As for power, do you mean energy? 

Like I said, it is complicated (at times very complicated) but worth it once you get it.

TaskMasterX

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the my FF conversion system. Sorry that it is a bit complicated, but this is knowledge I've gained over the past 5 years of converting characters to FF and I'm not that great at organizing it or explaining it. :unsure: But any questions you all have, I'd be happy to answer them. Sweeten has the right idea when it comes to Speed. With Energy, take the character's highest rank power and convert it on the Energy Table. Then take the character's Endurance and convert it on the Energy Table, too. Add them both together then divide the sum by 2 to get the Energy stat. You can round up or down depending on how you feel about the character. When choosing the power to use to convert, don't choose a power that converts to an attribute, or a power that doesn't use energy, like Flight (although there may be some characters that use Energy while flying so use common sense). Choose a power that you have to use Power slots for, not Attribute slots. Any Matter or Energy Manipulation, Magic, Mental Powers are good choices.
Hopefully that explains it a bit.