• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Captain America

Started by Renegade, June 03, 2007, 07:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade

Okay, y'all have had plenty of time to play with all those Cappy meshes. Who here has come up with the definitive Cap hero file, hmmmm?

AfghanAnt

I was just trying to balance my Cap today. I can't get it right though. He either way to powerful or really weak.

Previsionary

personally, I think my capt is pretty good, however I need to finish altering the file since I created that shield area attack...which I really should release sometime.

TaskMasterX

Ahh! One of my favorites. I still use every Cap mesh/skin that came out, each with it's unique animations: male_shield, TM_Cap, Gren's Cap and Ren's Cap.
Anyway here's how I made mine. This is on Ren's mesh:
Str: 3
Spd: 5
Agl: 7
End: 4
Eng: 5

Attributes: Heroic, Coordinator, Acrobatic, Disciplined, CrackShot

Powers:
Throw Shield and Ricochet Shield, Rally the Troops,  Punch(high stun), Kick(high KB), For Freedom! Combo and a melee shield, using melee_11 animation with a 120 arc.
For his Star-Spangled Shield, I gave him two passive defenses and one active. The two passives are, bulletproof shield which is meant to simulate his abilty to ignore virtually all gun fire being shot at him has a 75% to deflect ranged piercing attacks only. His other passive, adamantium shield gives him a 25% to block all melee and ranged attacks except, magic and mental, to simulate his ability to reflexively block attacks with his shield.
His active is just a shield block, which has the same protection as the adamantium shield passive but has a High Energy Cost simulating him concentrating only on defending himself with his shield.

Quote from: Previsionary on June 04, 2007, 06:59:08 AM
personally, I think my capt is pretty good, however I need to finish altering the file since I created that shield area attack...which I really should release sometime.
Cool, Prev! Can't to see that one!

Previsionary

That hero file looks pretty good, TM, but I usually go with 4 for cap just because I associate that with Upper level human. *shrugs*

Also, the fx is pretty much done...I just needed to update it a bit more and give it an end.nif.

http://xs113.xs.to/xs113/07131/sheild_anim.gif

Blitzgott

My Cap is as follows (I use Renegade's Modern Captain America mesh):

STATS

Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Agility: 5
Endurance: 5
Energy: 3

ATTRIBUTES

Blitzkrieg
Coordinator
Cybernetic Brain
Heroic
Nimble

POWERS

Melee: melee, crushing, medium magnitude, none ep cost, high stun, fast swiftness, melee 9 animation

Shield Slam: melee, crushing, extreme magnitude, medium ep cost, high knocback, normal swiftness, 120 degrees arc, melee 10 animation

Combo: melee, crushing, medium magnitude, high ep cost, medium stun, fast swiftness, melee 5 animation

Shield Throw: projectile, piercing, medium magnitude, low ep cost, medium knockback, normal velocity, medium range, medium accuracy, ranged 1 animation

Shield Ricochet: projectile, piercing, medium magnitude, medium ep cost, medium knockback, normal velocity, medium range, medium accuracy, chained, ranged 1 animation

Shield Block: active defense, deflect, medium ep cost, medium duration, all ranged attacks blocked except mental, mystical and elecrtical ones

Chain Mail: passive defense, normal, occasional success rating, always active, all piercing attacks blocked except direct ones

Edit: Removed rally the troops and added coordinator.

wickerman

Quote from: Blitzgott on June 04, 2007, 08:42:05 AM
My Cap is as follows (I use Renegade's Modern Captain America mesh):

STATS

Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Agility: 5
Endurance: 5
Energy: 3

ATTRIBUTES

Blitzkrieg
Coordinator
Cybernetic Brain
Heroic
Nimble

POWERS

Melee: melee, crushing, medium magnitude, none ep cost, high stun, fast swiftness, melee 9 animation

Shield Slam: melee, crushing, extreme magnitude, medium ep cost, high knocback, normal swiftness, 120 degrees arc, melee 10 animation

Combo: melee, crushing, medium magnitude, high ep cost, medium stun, fast swiftness, melee 5 animation

Shield Throw: projectile, piercing, medium magnitude, low ep cost, medium knockback, normal velocity, medium range, medium accuracy, ranged 1 animation

Shield Ricochet: projectile, piercing, medium magnitude, medium ep cost, medium knockback, normal velocity, medium range, medium accuracy, chained, ranged 1 animation

Shield Block: active defense, deflect, medium ep cost, medium duration, all ranged attacks blocked except mental, mystical and elecrtical ones

Chain Mail: passive defense, normal, occasional success rating, always active, all piercing attacks blocked except direct ones

Edit: Removed rally the troops and added coordinator.

This is basically a mirror image of mine except I upped his speed one and gave him armored instead of the passive defense. (no blitzkrieg) I also use Natural Leader (I think that's the name) instead of coordinator.

EDIT - I also used Gymnast instead of nimble...

USAgent

using two of your meshes

Avengers Captain America

str-4
spd-5
agl-5
end-5
eng-5

attributes:
armored (for his chainmail)
disciplined
shake it off
acrobatic (i like this instead of nimble because nimble reduces his endurance)
coordinator

powers:
melee- "Punch"- low damage (7 points damage), No Energy, no stun, no KB, very fast (melee_13)
melee- "Shield smack"- low damage (7 points), No energy, no stun, HIGH KB, fast, (melee_8)
melee- "quick shield toss"- low damage (7 points) No energy, High stun, no KB, fast, (melee_11)
melee- "charging barrage"- med damage (10 points), Low energy, High stun, Med KB, fast, 180 arc, (melee_10)
melee- "freedom combo" low damage (7 points a piece), Med energy, low stun, low KB, fast, (melee_5)

Projectile- "shield throw" Med damage (10), low energy
projectile- "chained shield throw" med damage (10), low energy

active defense- "cap's mighty shield"
passive defense- "chain mail" (10% crushing, piercing)

Rally the troops

It was a toss up with his strength between 3 and 4, I dont think Cap should be able to rip a street light out of the ground, but I do think he should be able to pick one up and use it as a weapon, so I stuck with 4 (I just say those street lights arn't bolted down very good in Patriot city)
Both his shield throws are exactly the same except the chained one is, well chained, but I wanted a non chained one that he could throw at villains and not worry about chaining it to a teammate.
I made all the "no energy" melees each a little different, as to have a reason to use each one.
My Invaders Captain America is pretty much the same except I removed the chained shield throw and gave him a kick melee.
Your Cap meshes just had way too many awsome animations I had a hard time trying to fit them in, the darn game doesnt enough power slots!

Urthman

From the strings.txt of my Secret Defenders mod (actual power details left as an exercise for the gamer, or until the dang thing is finished):

ca strike a blow_01, strike a blow for freedom
ca strike a blow_desc_01, smite the enemies of freedom with super-soldier strength
ca shield bash_01, shield bash
ca shield bash_desc_01, charge shield-first, striking any foe in your way
ca shield toss_01, shield toss
ca shield toss_desc_01, hurl the shield hard enough to knock down an opponent
ca you can do it!_01, You can do it!
ca you can do it!_desc_01, encourage and inspire an ally by giving away a hero point
ca my shield will_01, My shield will protect me!
ca my shield will_desc_01, take cover behind captain america's indestructible shield
ca deflected by cap_01, deflected by Cap's shield!
ca deflected by cap_desc_01, captain america reflexively blocks many attacks without even thinking!
ca one-man batallion_01, one-man batallion
ca one-man batallion_desc_01, a furious assault, striking everywhere, in all directions
ca trick shot_01, trick shot
ca trick shot_desc_01, a stunning shield throw aimed to ricochet from one target to another
ca grenade_01, hand grenade
ca grenade_desc_01, army standard-issue hand-thrown incendiary bomb