• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

2103. 26 - internal error?!

Started by I.C.Wiener, May 18, 2008, 02:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I.C.Wiener

Hey Guys =)

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.
after years of dusting around in my desk i decided it was time to reinstall Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich but my computer keeps giving me weird error messages during the setup. It says: 2103. 26 - an internal error has occured. Anyone know what I can do tp fix this?

thx in advance.

stumpy

Heh. "Hello? Pizza delivery for... uh... 'I.C. Wiener'? Oh, crud."  Futurama is hilarious. :cool:

I haven't seen that error message before. It looks like the installer might not be finding an Application Data folder.

Where exactly during the setup process does the error show up? A little more info on your system might be helpful.

• What version of Windows are you running? Is there anything odd about your Windows setup?
  • Do you have C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data folders, where UserName is your Windows login name? (You might have to set hidden folders to viewable to see them.)
  • Are you installing by letting the FFvT3R CD Autorun or by double-clicking on an icon? Are you using the Run... command under the Start menu or something?
  • During the install, are you installing for one particular user or for all users?
  • What edition of the game (the North American release, Digital Jesters, etc.) is it?

I.C.Wiener

Hello =)

Well that error occurrs right after I chose a folder to download it to. Then it goes "blahblah...now installing Freedom Force this process could take up to several minutes...blahblah", the bar processes (Insert me smiling, thinking I'm about to play...every time) and then the error message appears.

* Windows 2000, although there's a lot of weird dren going on with that i've never had any problems with games.
* There's NOTHING in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data, not even hidden; and in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data folders there's only Documents, Start, Favourites and Desktop. meh?
* clicking setup
* all users
* NA release

p.s. i less than three futurama ^^

Epimethee

This problem appears to be related to login privileges and path determination: http://forum.installsite.net/index.php?showtopic=4261

You might try to install just for the current user.