• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Help! EZFX6 help requested!

Started by ElijahSnowFan, February 01, 2007, 09:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElijahSnowFan

hey, everybody!

i recently reinstalled  :ffvstr:, as well as FFX3.1 and EZFX6.0.

but the FX just don't appear -- i see them in the editor program, and the textures are there, but no dice as to making them work.

it's been so long since i installed them before...is there a merging of files that needs to be done? maybe a new file needs to be created?

if so, which ones, and in what order? i swear, i can't remember...or maybe i've screwed something else up? everything else appears to be working, but maybe i messed up somewhere. :banghead:

a little help?

Swingman

Did you install the EZFX6.0 before the FFX? I think you're supposed to, so if you didn't maybe that's your problem. :unsure:

Previsionary

if you installed ezfx in the main ffvttr folder, then they are available to the main game only...meaning ffvttr with no ffx add ins. To get them in ffx or any other mod/add-in, you have to merge dat files.

ElijahSnowFan

got it working -- thanks, guys!

it was the merging of the dats that was doing me wrong.

laughing paradox

I hate to sound like a moron, but which dat files did you merge?

Which of those did you choose first?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Install TO fx.dat in the ffx3 folder, FROM the one in data.  Repeat with sounds.dat.

laughing paradox

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on February 04, 2007, 10:19:31 PM
Install TO fx.dat in the ffx3 folder, FROM the one in data.  Repeat with sounds.dat.

You friggin' rock! Thanks so much.

Dr.Volt

Can I say ditto to that request?  I downloaded EZFX 5.1 for  :ff: and it doesn't show up in the custom character creation process.  The program is self extractor so I'm waaaaaaaaaay confused.  Why might it not be working?

Can someone lend some advice?  How can I get it to work??

catwhowalksbyhimself

Did you install FF in the default directory?

Dr.Volt

Well, I just followed the recommended path by the program.  Maybe I'll try it again to see if there is some distinction of settings.  Is there a particular way to identify the "default directory".  Thanks for your help!

catwhowalksbyhimself

recommended path = default directory.

Same thing, chum.

Dr.Volt

I kind of thought so.   :wacko:  But thought I best make sure.

Thanks, Cat!   :cool:

Dr.Volt

Soooooooooooooo for the record I figured out how to get EZFX to work after all.  Thanks everyone who commented.  You rock!

Gokou

I have a question guys. How do I install the EZFX without overwriting my custom FX?

catwhowalksbyhimself

make a backup copy of fx.dat and sounds.dat, install it, then merge the backups into the new .dats.

Gokou