• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

working thread

Started by C4, November 10, 2007, 11:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volsung

I'm one hot little potato right now! It sounds unbelievable!

C4

Playtest link sent via pm.  ^_^

C4

The feedback I got from Volsung. I would like us to keep it all in one place so that every playtester don't send me the same issues

QuoteI tried Reformed quickly and encountered several problems.

I can't win the first stealth mission with Avian. That's too hard, I get discovered everytime! I can't figure how I must do.
A civilian is able to turn around before I can dissapear behind the corner of a street. And when I finally succeed I'm noze to noze with another civilian and it's game over!
I used the cheat 'peace()' to go through that zone.

This is one of those patience portions, It requires study of how civilians move, though I really do not want to discourage
people with something that is too difficult. There is a few options, one to reduce the amount of civilians, two a bomb threat on the phone is currently just a joke but can make civilians run away and clear a portion of road.     

QuoteDuring mission two, I skipped the first cinematic but, during the fight with the goons, the screens keeps fading to black frenetically. I guess skipping the cinematic didn't cancel those planned fade to black effects .

Even if you skip the cutscene Avian still has to fight the goons with his blurred vision.

QuoteI also add difficulties in achieving mission 2. You should reduce the areas that trigger the events.

Not sure what you mean? Can you elaborate?

QuoteSince I played in very easy mode (I have to work so it's a way to play 'quicker'). The boy that I'm supposed to save die and vanish in an instant. (wow, the young punks actually killed him!)

Yes they (the mesh) punch really fast, I will make only one punch so it will take twice so long.

QuoteLater when I punched the thug and recover the money, I couldn't figure who it belongs to! (by the way the money looked like a brick^^)

There is six good deeds and only three needs to be done to win, the money issue is one of the less obvious good deeds.
  :spoiler:  Giving it to the beggar is in fact what gets the deed.  :spoiler:

QuoteWhen I saved the girl (who feeled almost nothing when the thug with a bat stroke her) the game seemed to not detect my victory, the girl stand still...mute.

With the feel almost nothing - do you mean I must make her scream or she does not run away from him or ?
I must check why the victory was not recorded 

QuoteDuring the 'famous' slow motion cinematic where silhouette is born, the game almost freezed.
That cinematic and the dialogs were quite confusing for me^^

I think it is because the camera can't follow the bullet right from the start that it feels like it is freezing. For reasons not to be known by the player i can't track the bullet right of the bat but I guess I will either have to make another plan or drop this. Could you elaborate more on what was confusing so I can improve on it.  ;)

QuoteOn the next mission I think the chained flashback and flashforward can be confusing too^^

Hmmm I worried about this, I will have to find a way to make this flow better. Just don't know how.

QuoteI rushed on that mission so I didn't notice anything suspicious. I didn't try to stay hidden or to knock out all the thugs I rushed to the objective in the factory.If the player don't mind about secondary objectives, maybe you shouldn't point the main objective directly, so the player would be obliged to explore the factory with silhouette a little.

I can put in extra objectives to do something on another part of the map before going to the factory.   

QuoteI enjoyed playing Vista. But you should be careful with imposed events. They are quickly blocking. (I destroyed the bench wih a wrong movement instead of 'tk moving' it to the destination. It forced me to restart the mission)

Despite all those minor worries, the game still got a prodigious potential

I can make it that you can move either of the two benches.

Thanks for the feedback, I want to now concentrate on getting these 4 missions as playable & enjoyable as possible.
Though we need more playtesters maybe it is time to announce in mods.

Carravaggio

Quote from: C4 on January 02, 2008, 10:24:14 PM
In order of appearance:

So Carr for the first episode from you we need skins for Avian, Silhouette (two forms) & the Angel...

Just remind me, do we have skopes or custom meshes for these already, or am i making skopes for them? I don't mind either way, I just am unsure :D

C4

QuoteJust remind me, do we have skopes or custom meshes for these already, or am i making skopes for them? I don't mind either way, I just am unsure

The scopes for Avian & Silhouette are in the playtest or I can mail them seperately to you if you want. (Just remember I asked if you could take a look at the particle fx on the silhouette mesh)

For Vista we use the male_suit by Grenadier also in the playtest.

Angel you can take the male_trenchcoat (Gni) in the playtest and just remove the hair & staff.

Volsung will later on do a custom mesh for Serengeti & maybe Brace so at least then you will have something new to work on.  ^_^

Volsung

QuoteThis is one of those patience portions, It requires study of how civilians move, though I really do not want to discourage
people with something that is too difficult. There is a few options, one to reduce the amount of civilians, two a bomb threat on the phone is currently just a joke but can make civilians run away and clear a portion of road.   

Just wait the other playtester report. (Or buy avian a hood or a wig^^)

QuoteEven if you skip the cutscene Avian still has to fight the goons with his blurred vision
I see, ben those vision are not affected by the pause.Maybe you should distort the image instead (like the first ffvttr mission)

QuoteNot sure what you mean? Can you elaborate?
Each good deeds event happen too soon, when you're far from the concerned area.
But I guess that's only  because of the easy mode that I can arrive too late to save the victim.

QuoteYes they (the mesh) punch really fast, I will make only one punch so it will take twice so long.
May i quibble a little?^^
Those kids actually killed the third one! At least the way all those character vanish make us think that's a death!
Child brawl with death is excessive don't you think? ^^ By the way, our new hero Avian would bash kids?
maybe that's the occasion to use your chat system, to convince or scare them.

Quote[spoiler]Giving it to the beggar is in fact what gets the deed. [/spoiler]
I did once, but at that time I didn't find him!

With the feel almost nothing - do you mean I must make her scream or she does not run away from him or ?I must check why the victory was not recorded 
She run away but takes really minor damage.

QuoteI think it is because the camera can't follow the bullet right from the start that it feels like it is freezing. For reasons not to be known by the player i can't track the bullet right of the bat but I guess I will either have to make another plan or drop this. Could you elaborate more on what was confusing so I can improve on it.  wink
I should play that scene again to make a precise report.

QuoteHmmm I worried about this, I will have to find a way to make this flow better. Just don't know how.
I should play that scene again to make a precise report.(bis^^)

QuoteI can put in extra objectives to do something on another part of the map before going to the factory.

sure

QuoteI can make it that you can move either of the two benches.
Just wondering, do you know how a way to 'reset' that trial? So any wrong move would not be blocking?

QuoteThanks for the feedback, I want to now concentrate on getting these 4 missions as playable & enjoyable as possible.Though we need more playtesters maybe it is time to announce in mods.
^_^

C4

QuoteJust wait the other playtester report. (Or buy avian a hood or a wig^^)
:lol:

QuoteI see, ben those vision are not affected by the pause.Maybe you should distort the image instead (like the first ffvttr mission)

Cat & Prev mentioned how that is a problem for many. I know this might be something very new to adjust to only being able to see what is going on every x seconds. But that is the idea :P We will see how others take it.

QuoteEach good deeds event happen too soon, when you're far from the concerned area.

That is an easy fix.

QuoteMay i quibble a little?^^
Those kids actually killed the third one! At least the way all those character vanish make us think that's a death!
Child brawl with death is excessive don't you think? ^^ By the way, our new hero Avian would bash kids?
maybe that's the occasion to use your chat system, to convince or scare them.

*takes off glove* hehe

No he is not supposed to bash them, they are set to detect danger when they detect danger they flee. I can give the kid a minhealth so they can beat him senseless and he wont go down.  :huh:

QuoteJust wondering, do you know how a way to 'reset' that trial? So any wrong move would not be blocking?

Ok, I can respawn the bench if you break it.  :P 

Edit: About the money looking like a brick. I originally used the money bag from FF but it gives a lot of trouble. Maybe you can make me a money or money bag nif?

C4

Well I got another playtest report and the stealth portion is not liked.

Here is what I think I should do about it:

The bomb threat that clears a portion of road.
Give the player a way of distracting a civilian. Not sure what as yet.
Put a biker that you can knock out and steal his bike to drive to the spot undecected.

Previsionary

I'll try to test this soon, but given my general disdain for FF (in general) right now, I don't know how close 'soon' will be.

C4

That happens when you have done the amount of mod work you have done. A month or six break and urges will freakishly return again. 

Carravaggio

Quote from: C4 on January 21, 2008, 10:12:56 PM
A month or six break and urges will freakishly return again. 

I read that as "A mouth and six beaks with freakishly return again."  :blink:
Anyway, I just bought a new wacom tablet that actually works on my new PC, so the final hurdle that was holding me back has been cleared. i have the skopes, so I will have some actual progress very soon :)

C4

QuoteI read that as "A mouth and six beaks with freakishly return again."

Oh yeah, that is what I actually meant, FF modding is harsh.

:P

QuoteAnyway, I just bought a new wacom tablet that actually works on my new PC, so the final hurdle that was holding me back has been cleared. i have the skopes, so I will have some actual progress very soon

Good to hear  ^_^

Volsung

Casanova! Your PM inbox is full!  :lol:

|