• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

And the new Bruce Banner is....Edward Norton!

Started by Flying_Infant, April 16, 2007, 12:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

Pyroclasm

Ed Norton is an excellent choice.  I'm not so keen on the whole "reboot" idea.  To quote:
Quote(I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, but I just don't understand why there's so much hate for Lee's rendition of The Hulk.)
The Hulk is one of my favorite comic book movies.  Second only to Spider-man.  I loved the exposition and the buildup to Hulk's appearance.  I'm not so sure that the guy who made the Transporter is the best choice for this new Hulk.  While the first Transporter was fun in its own way, the second was just awful--a braindead movie with nothing but jittery MTV-style action sequences.  Hope he won't have the Hulk performing crazy Matrix-style martial arts.  :thumbdown:

zuludelta

I remember having a discussion with my brother prior to seeing the first Hulk movie and we both agreed that Edward Norton would be the perfect actor for Bruce Banner. Eric Bana is a good actor, but I think he was mis-cast in the first film, he was just too good-looking and buff and tall (he's 6'2" or thereabouts?) to effectively portray the meek and neurotic Banner.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Pyroclasm on April 16, 2007, 02:35:44 PM
Ed Norton is an excellent choice.  I'm not so keen on the whole "reboot" idea. 
*snip*
I loved the exposition and the buildup to Hulk's appearance.  I'm not so sure that the guy who made the Transporter is the best choice for this new Hulk.  While the first Transporter was fun in its own way, the second was just awful--a braindead movie with nothing but jittery MTV-style action sequences.  Hope he won't have the Hulk performing crazy Matrix-style martial arts.  :thumbdown:

I'm right there with ya on all three counts, Pyro.  But, I'll still hope for the best.

BentonGrey

Ehh, hated the first Hulk movie, I still say that it has to be just about impossible to ruin a movie about a giant green monster that smashes things...but Ang Lee managed it, as far as I'm concerned.  Anyroad, I think Edward Norton is just about PERFECT for this part, and although I'm not sure about the director, I can deffinetly get behind the actor.  Reboot sounds not only good, but necessary to me!

lugaru

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 16, 2007, 04:45:39 PM
I still say that it has to be just about impossible to ruin a movie about a giant green monster that smashes things...

I loved hulk but a good 90% of audiences seem to have expected Godzilla or King Kong or something. While there have been instances of a "fun" hulk frankly the character has always been about feeling cursed, dealing with anger, the scientist and the monster a la frankenstein. Except for the ending I was very fond of Ang Lee's film and it's one of the best edited movies in years.

Jakew

good casting choice ... but not much else attached in regards to talent.

I really liked the first Hulk film, aside from two major story flubs: the mutant dogs and Banner's dad. If Banner's dad had turned into the Leader and transformed that government a-hole into the Abomination, it would have been up there with spider-man and Batman Begins.

BentonGrey

Hey Lugaru, I love The Incredible Hulk tv show, I love the way the character is portrayed, tortured and haunted, but I couldn't find even a shadow of the true depth of the character in that overly artsy fluff piece.