• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Has anyone used Focused Accuracy?

Started by El Condor, April 02, 2007, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Condor

Amigitos,

Has anyone ever used Focused Accuracy as one of your epic powers?  Condor is on the verge of selecting his last power, and I'm in between Laser Beam Eyes and Focused Accuracy.  I've been pretty firm on FA for a while now, but am starting to waver after watching some people use LBE - man, is that cool!  :D

I figured earlier that since Condor is spines and has ranged attacks already, LBE was a little overkill.  But does FA really help support combat all that much? I already have all my attacks two or three-slotted for accuracy.

I realize now that I should have included my build, and I still might add it, but what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

EC

Midnight

I'm slotted with 3 ACC in all my attacks, so I didn't take it. LBE isn't that great. (whoops, hit submit and got distracted by pretty lights) It's cool looking, but it's kinda like a low end blaster power. I only use it on runners... of course, you've already got more ranged attacks than I do. :P

Raptor

I took FA on Demonik (my Fire/Axe) tank and it helps tremendously.  I took it early enough to slit it with 3 ToHitBuffs/3 EndRedux.  The biggest problem he had as a tank was that he could survive against +4s & +5s, but couldn't hit them enough to keep them aggroed on him.  FA took care of that problem.   Plus, conceptually, LBE didn't fit his character.

Verfall

FA gives perception. Add on tactics and you can see every stalker in RV. Other than that, I find the thing useless since 2 accuracies in your attack lets you hit +3's easily and +4's to a consistant degree. But fighting +4's and 5's isn't that great, since the kill time directly affects the experience gain. You will earn more fighting 1's to 3's in 95% of the situations you encounter. But unless you PVP, or you want to slot somethiong other than 2 accuracies in your attacks, I don't suggest taking it. The end cost alone means you have to expend slots into it to kill it, and even than that extra ccuracy in your attacks basically has to become an end reducer to compensate.

LBE does damage on par with air superiority at range. That's not that bad really. It's more of concept power i.e; the invul tanks trying to be Superman.

To tell the truth I don't suggest either. LBE causes redraw for damage equal to a power that also causes redraw, but isn't guaranteed to knock almost every mob on his butt. FA's end cost doesn't warrant the accuracy increase. If anything, if you have the pool to spare, grab air superiority. Much more useful really.

Of course posting your build helps  :P

captainspud

LBE rocks for picking off runners (it has an animation time about 1/3 to 1/4 of Throw Spines, which is huge), and I mainly use FA for hitting AVs with defense pumps.

*shrugs*

Tortuga

I have FA on Tortuga (Inv/SS tank) and have found it mostly useful in PVP.

California Hustle also has it (for the time being) and I turn it on and off when needed against particularly difficult to hit foes.  Running it constantly is too draining.  I do plan on respeccing out of it, and trying Medicine for him instead (since SR has no heal), but I know I'll miss the added perception.

B A D

FA is great for  PVP, but slotted ACC's are a better bet if you are more a PVE type player.

Raptor

I guess it depends on your power sets.  FA is an almost necessity for Demonik (my Fire/Axe tank) because I can't fit more ACC enhances into his attacks.  Most of his attacks are slotted 1Acc/3Dam/1Recharge/1EndRedux.  Fire/Axe is so tight of a build that I couldn't fit in Hasten with everything I wanted, so I had to slot the recharges, and Axe is such an enduranc hog that I had to slot the EndRedux.  For Demonik, FA is just the thing he needed.