• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Leap vs Climb

Started by Dustopus, April 05, 2007, 01:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustopus

Okay, so I'm working on a Hero File for everyone's favorite blue-furred hero, the Beast, so I thought I should ask for a few second opinions on what I'm thinking.
Beast is an excellent climber, but he's also not too shabby when it comes to jumping around, either. So which do all of you think would be more appropriate: giving him leaping, or climbing?
I also considered leap travel from FFX since I remember how he would jump from lamppost to lamppost in some comics, but I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for.
It seems kind of redundant to give him both leaping and climbing (though if you have a compelling argument as to why any hero should have both, I'm willing to listen!)

In advance, thanks for the input!

Blitzgott

For accuracy, I'd say give him both.

Although Beast can leap well, it's not Hulk level, so him reaching the top of a 200 ft. building in a single bound is kind off to me.

Then again, for one as agile as the Beast, climbing down a building whenever he wants to climb a nearby one is pretty lame. If you give him wall-crawling and jumper, whenever he wants to reach the top of a building, he'll climb, but will still retain the ability of jumping from one roof to another.

The Hitman

Jump Travel doesn't let you scale buildings, if I remember correctly. I'd give him that and climber.

Dustopus

Jump Travel and Climber works great together. He has to hop down from the top of a building and climb back up an adjacent one, but it isn't all that distracting. Thanks a lot for the info!