• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Beginings of Infinity's Edge

Started by Failed_Hero, August 27, 2008, 04:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Failed_Hero

After twelve years of making promises to myself and all of my compatriots, the Infinity's Edge website is almost a go.  This website is meant to be a collection of original character bio's, stories, and galleries, dedicated to those individuals who work tirelessly to create new and original concepts in the super-hero genre.

While it is in it bear bone stages, I was wondering if any people on this site would be interested in show casing their work on this site.  While the majority of my and my friends' work is written within the confines of the Edge-verse (my person original universe) not all of the the characters need to be apart of the Edge-verse and the purpose of this site is to showcase new and original ideas for a genre I love.

If anyone is interested pm me. A photo, and two paragraph bio, and your favorite story you have with the character.

Also if anyone wants to help with graphics or just give me their ideas for the site they would be appreciated.

anyway this is the site remember preliminary build not at all complete.

http://www.infinitysedge.org/index.htm

Failed_Hero

House Quake

Well... I for one look forward to seeing a new site emerge.  If I'm reading correctly... you are putting together something not unlike my (our) own New Power INC.  Which makes me even more interested in seeing what develops.

I'm wanting to be clear though.... the characters will be renedered as skins for FF... correct?

and oh yeah... don't take an apparent 'lack' of interest to hard.  Many are very interestedin original proojects... but... ehhh... those same peeps tend to shy away from 'sharing' thier original ideas.  But some do.

Failed_Hero

thanks House Quake,

Yes something similar, it is honestly an idea that I have had for while, but I never had the skill set or time.  And I know exactly what you mean about sharing original ideas, that is why there is option to be apart of the universe, or to just have things kinda of I guess sponsored and supported by my site. I picture is this site as a giant portfolio of ideas and work credited to the creators. Basically for the person who has always wanted a site devoted to their ideas but do not have the time to manager it all. I have poor man's copy write on everything I do (for the most part).

I have thought about rendering things with FF skins, but I am also attempting to get some art work for characters done as well. 

Again Quake thank you for the encouragement.

Voltimax

I've had a quick look and like HQ, I'd be interested to see how your idea develops.

It's always good to see people coming up with original ideas. It's good that you're getting encouragement from HQ, it was he that encouraged me to develop some original characters of my own and integrate them into the NPI universe.

Good luck!

Failed_Hero

While I am still in construction, I have updated some of the bios in the character's heroes and villians sections, please take a look and letgive me some comments.

Voltimax

You know what? It's a real shame that the members of this forum don't support guys and gals that create original ideas and content.
It seems that all anyone is interested in is Marvel or DC.
Anyone that takes the time to post here that I'm wrong, shame on you. I say that because if you don't have the time to give support, then you obviously don't have the time to come tell me I'm wrong.

Failed_Hero: I applaud your efforts and it's a shame you're being ignored.
I've looked over your character bios and they look good. There's plenty of info there, but as HQ said, would be nice to see some renderings of the characters, whether it be FF skins or just some art work.
I hope you continue with this and I will be keeping tabs on it's progression.

Now let's sit back and await the many posts to say I'm speaking out of turn. With any luck it will pique peoples interest in the actual content of the thread  :P

Failed_Hero

Thanks Voltimax, I do hope there are no repercussions  :wacko:

herodad1

hey guys, i like main stream but i really like original characters.ive seen your site and really enjoyed it.i know its just getting off the ground but what i have seen i liked.as far as your comments;hey,express yourself and speak your mind.everyone else does and its not always good but thats part of what forums are all about.questions...will you have pictures and will these characters be available for download so we can "be" the characters in game?

The Hitman

Hey, I'm primarily an "originals" kind of guy. I just don't post much. Keep up the good work, F_H!

crimsonquill

Great work on the characters and the site, F_H!

I love original work but I'm usually offline too much these days to reply in a timely manner...  :banghead:

- CQ

Outcast

I like original characters.

Thought the site wasn't finished yet. Didn't see any pictures.. :P So I couldn't find your characters.

Didn't thought of clicking on the logos?  :doh:

Still have to read them though..it would be nice to have some images/drawings.

Failed_Hero

I am working on getting some of my FF renderings of characters up.  Sorry for the slow go on this, real life has kinda hit bottom as the job search is harsh.  I've found some skoping pieaces that I need to add to some of the models and need to color them properly.  I thanks everyone for their comments and interest here, please ask questions if you have any regarding my universe.

Thunder

I've been around the community a long time.  New Power Inc. is one of the best ideas I've seen in a while, and Infinity's Edge has the potential to hit NPI's heights.  BTW F_H...check your PMs.