• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

FX Touchups

Started by BentonGrey, July 11, 2007, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I'm nearing the end of my work on the DCU mod, and I've begun the arduous task of sorting through my FX, seeing which I can distribute and which I can't.  I need a little help with a few of these that need touch ups of one kind or another.  Mostly I need someone to retexture some of the built in FX in different colors to replace end.nifs for things like Sinestro's FX and GL's as well.  If anyone is willing, please let me know.

Previsionary

I've already done some recolors and one of those includes a yellow arcane blast someone requested for sinestro if that fancies you any. I also made around 10 GL fx for ffvttr which included a beam, 2 area attacks, 2 projectiles, a cone, and several different shields.

BentonGrey

Hey Prev!  Cool, where can I see those?  What I really need is an end.nif for the explosive projectiles, because of the time delay caused when using FF1 FX.

murs47

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 11, 2007, 01:52:44 PM
Hey Prev!  Cool, where can I see those?  What I really need is an end.nif for the explosive projectiles, because of the time delay caused when using FF1 FX.

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=43335.0

There's some links he provided throughout the thread, some really great FX if I do say so myself.

Previsionary

Murs already provided the link to the other links, but the gl shield pack (which basically added passive shields + 1 active shield) is here: click

What else do you need recolored? I can see if I can get to it and a list will let others know what you're looking for.

BentonGrey

Cool, alright, off the top of my head I need:

Plasma rocket explosion (green and yellow)
smoke bomb (yellow gaseous, bright and pale flavors, plus green (for Joker gas))
Any GL fx retextured watery for Mera
Acidcard (given a yellow fx instead of green)

There may be more, but that's all I've got at the moment.

Previsionary

Hey Benton,

I was really hoping that someone else would jump on this, but apparently there's not many fxers left. :(

Anyway, i did this quick recolor for you and I might find time to get at the others soonish (depending on my schedule and my interest).

CLICK  - Untested, so lemme know if you have any problems.

BentonGrey

Hey man, thanks, I really appreciate it!  I can probably make do without all of those except at least one or two of the watery ones.

Previsionary

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 17, 2007, 05:24:28 PM
Hey man, thanks, I really appreciate it!  I can probably make do without all of those except at least one or two of the watery ones.

Only a few days...or weeks...or something late. Here's what I've just completed using my old gl fx as a base:

So, 2 pack water bolts. The fx may be a little too big, not sure; you'll have to test that yourself, i guess; but I should have it uploaded sometime soon. I dunno if Mera will benefit from it or not, but the texture I used is from an earlier water cone fx I did...i also did a bubble blast, so that could be of use to you.

BentonGrey

Hey man, no problem, I haven't had much energy to work on this lately, so I'm still wrapping things up...and hoping a few more pieces will fall into place. ^_^  Let me know where I can get those, and I'm sure I can put them to good use!