• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

superleaping fx

Started by bearded, May 08, 2007, 12:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

would it be possible to have custom fx for superleaping?  as in the grappling hook.  if a character could seem to shoot a grapple to the target, and then leap to it, or maybe even change the animation to 'flight'?

detourne_me

you can hex the keyframes to the flight keyframes,   change take_flight into jump_stand and fly into hover.  thast should work.

bearded

i can't seem to hex keframe names without killing the nif, and nifskope doesn't like my video card.
but the big thing is the grappling hook fx.  how to set up superleaping to use it correctly?

detourne_me

hmmn, thats weird about keyframe hexing problems. are you using nifskope?  or a regular hex editor?

are you talking about tommyboy's flying FX?   i think that your character needs to be a built-in in order to use it,   and you name the fx   charactername_flying.   i havent done this myself yet though,  so im probly just talking out my...

bearded

i can't seem to use nifskope at all, and regular hexing barely works for me.

what i would like the superleaping to do is this; custom click on the object you are leaping to, as usual, the grappling hook from exfx shoots to the object, and the character then makes his jump to it.

Core

I once had a character with a grapple gun and I used Living Laser to simulate it. It worked really well if you dont mind the hero being instantly transported to the location after the beam hits.

bearded

good idea!  maybe there is way to combine the attributes...

BentonGrey

It's really simple to rename the anims, Bearded, if you tell me what kf's you want and what you want done, I could probably do it for you.