• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Battlestar Galactica Season Finale!

Started by Blkcasanova247, March 26, 2007, 08:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkcasanova247

Five words! Battlestar Galactica season finale.....WOW!  :thumbup:

Agent

Agreed!   :thumbup:

I especially liked that last scene.  Now we have to wait 9 months to learn what happens.   :(

Blkcasanova247

It's a freakin bummer isn't it? I can't wait till 2008!  :thumbup:

Haljack

I don't buy, or at least I dont't want to. I reckon the cylons messed with their heads durin the New Capirca thing but wow anyway!

OutsiderNo11

There is a possibility that the five are not the five lost Cylon models but rather five humans who will ultimately lead humanity to Earth.

On the other hand, they could be Cylons who want to help humanity, having dissented with the other seven models and removed any record of their existence from their ranks.  Indeed, Tigh even said that regardless of what he is, he is Saul Tigh, Adama's second hand man and will die as Saul Tigh.  It is a strong possibility that Tigh is model number 1, considering that he met up with Adama at least a decade and a half before the Cylon attack.

captainspud

Meh, I'm rather unconvinced. "O NOES! SOMETHING WEIRD HAPPENED! WE MUST BE ROBOTS!" I think enough weird stuff has happened to these people that they might stop and think about it a little more before reaching that conclusion.

Glitch Girl

I don't know what they are but something that struck me was the choice of song.  They picked "All Along the Watchtower", which is an existing song (and they found a very cool cover too) rather than record an original song for the music they all heard. I wonder if that is significant.

B A D

RDM has confirmed via interview that all four are indeed Cylons.

IMO BSG just jumped the shark. I can't see how they retcon all of this in. It totally invalidates Hera's storyline (With Nicky) , the placement of Cylon infiltrators 3 years before the attacks, (as Tigh served in the First Cylon war and has known Bill for at least 20 years) . Also , Tigh and Tyrol were on Ragnar Anchorage and showed no signs of its radiation affecting them. Its also incredibly ridiculous to assume that ALL of the "final" cylons (anders outstanding) would be able to surmise that Galactica ,out of all others would survive the attack and be a relative safe haven. I've liked the series, but the further they get away from the basic premise and into this metaphysical "what is a cylon" crap, I get turned off.

udasu

What he said.

I always thought the 'human cylons' as low-budget. Attractive ladies, but overall low budget.. At least Firefly didn't pretend what the reavers were, and Farscape's 'sebacians' were human (ala Trek) looking on the outside, but not on the inside.

JKCarrier

Quote from: B A D on April 02, 2007, 07:19:06 AM
the placement of Cylon infiltrators 3 years before the attacks, (as Tigh served in the First Cylon war and has known Bill for at least 20 years) . Also , Tigh and Tyrol were on Ragnar Anchorage and showed no signs of its radiation affecting them. Its also incredibly ridiculous to assume that ALL of the "final" cylons (anders outstanding) would be able to surmise that Galactica ,out of all others would survive the attack and be a relative safe haven.

One possible explanation is that the 4 were originally human, and were replaced by Cylon lookalikes fairly recently (perhaps during the occupation on New Caprica). WHY they would do this is another question, but nothing the Cylons do ever makes sense anyway. Alien logic, or bad writing? U Decide!  :lol:

But yeah, it's getting harder and harder to believe the producers when they say they have a "master plan" for the series, because it totally looks like they're making it up as they go along.

B A D

I've heard the whole "replacing " theory before, but it also contains a glaring problem. If thats the case, and the 4 were replaced, why cant the other 7 talk about them? Why wouldn't the other Cylons know who/what/where the other 5 were?  It makes no sense. Which is unfortunate. I love this show, but ever since the whole " final five" thing got instilled into the series, they've been bending over arse backwards to make it fit. Which it doesnt. Kara having a "very special destiny " i can handle. Lee being an absolute git whiny freak i can sorta handle. Helo not being spaced after treasonous acts I dont want to handle, but I will. but this...Especially Tigh. The man was the essense of a screwed up human.