• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

DS Version Cheats!

Started by bredon7777, June 15, 2007, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bredon7777

Heres the sitch:

DS Version has Mystique (12, 12) Backed up by Lorelai (1, 1 special ability - all attackers get -2 attack)

I have Mattie Franklin (11, 11 Special power +1 atk/defense for every not turned over resource you reveal) left to attack.  I have 7 un-turned over resources.

I attack Mystique.  I turn over my 7 resources to make Mattie 18/18.  Lorelai reinforces Mystique, making Mystique 13/13. Lorelias effect kicks in making Mattie 16/18.

Not only does Mystique NOT get stunned (and the DS player takes no damage), Mattie gets stunned and I lose 6 endurance!  AFAIK, that should not be possible.

I think, maybe I hit something wrong.  So, since I have initative next turn, I try it again and am <bleeping> sure to hit the right control.  Same blasted thing happens.

Once could've been a glitch.  Twice is cheating.   I came very close to throwing the blasted thing across the room.

gdaybloke

Okay, let's get some clarification...

Why is Mystique going to 13/13? Reinforcement just means there's no breakthrough damage, it doesn't alter a defenders ATK or DEF unless there's something else going on.

Are your face down resources Spider-Friends characters? Are you actively replacing them or just revealing them? Unless they've changed the card just for the virtual game, Mattie only gets the boost if you replace them (ie, KO them and the top card of your draw pile goes down in their place).

My guess at this stage is that you're not replacing face-down Spider-Friends in your resource row, so Mattie's going up against Mystique as a flat 11/11 (or 9/11, per Lorelei)

bredon7777

Hmm..I dont recall. though probably not- I was under the impression that putting characters in your resource row is a waste of time, since their appears to be no way to play them afterwards, so I try not to do it unless I have nothing else.  I coud've sworn that the text said "for each resource you reveal" though...

Speaking of that, are their any cards for heroes that destroy villian resources?  Toad has this annoying one that keeps letting him stick equipment on his peeps.

gdaybloke

You're right, putting characters in your resource row normally is a waste of time since it makes it a dead card, but as with everything else, there's exceptions to the rule.

The main example here would be characters with the Reservist trait - common amongst the Avengers and the Brotherhood from MXM onwards. These guys can be recruited while they're in their resource row. Additionally, they have a number of plot twists and effects that trigger of characters in the resource row.

Mattie's an example of the latter. Potentially a great card, but you need to have multiple characters in the resource row to make the most of her.

gdaybloke

As for resource-destroyers, I can't say - I don't know the diff between the hero and villain decks in the virtual game; there's a number of resource-destroying/affecting plot twists out there though.