• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Dark Knight

Started by Midnite, February 15, 2007, 08:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

stumpy

On that Empire cover, the new Joker looks lame to me. He doesn't look scary or even particularly psychopathic. He just looks like a homeless guy, without a comb, wearing an ugly polyester suit. Unimpressive.

BentonGrey

Quote from: stumpy on December 02, 2007, 06:40:11 PM
On that Empire cover, the new Joker looks lame to me. He doesn't look scary or even particularly psychopathic. He just looks like a homeless guy, without a comb, wearing an ugly polyester suit. Unimpressive.

THANK YOU!  I'm telling you, it's like an out of work Beetlejuice.  He's creepy in the same sense that the homeless guy on Main St. is creepy.....a weird crazy, but not SCARY crazy.

Midnite

QuoteThe Dark Knight Trailer Update & Promo Shots
Source: ComingSoon.net
December 2, 2007

ComingSoon.net reports that, in addition to the 7-minute opening scene for The Dark Knight, we'll get to see the teaser trailer soon as well:

In just two weeks, on December 14, Warner Bros. will release the teaser trailer for Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight in standard theaters with I Am Legend. As was previously announced, the studio will be showing the 7-minute opening scene of "Dark Knight" before the screenings of "Legend" in IMAX.

the_ultimate_evil

anyone grab the shots before the legals showed up

Cardmaster

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on December 03, 2007, 12:53:43 PM
anyone grab the shots before the legals showed up
I did! You wants 'em emailed to ya?

-CM

the_ultimate_evil

yeah please cm

the.ultimate.evil at googlemail.com

also the teaser poster is up

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6571

colour me not impressed

Cardmaster

Midnite

This week at the following locations there will be screenings of TDK 7min preview

NEW YORK: Dec. 6th, 6:30 pm
AMC Loews Lincoln Square IMAX
1998 Broadway
New York, NY 10023

PHILADELPHIA: Dec. 6th, 7:00 pm
King of Prussia IMAX
300 Goddard Blvd.
King of Prussia, PA 19406

CHICAGO: Dec. 6th, 7:30 pm
Navy Pier IMAX
600 E. Grand Ave. Ste.115
Chicago, IL 60611

LOS ANGELES: Dec. 6th, 6:30 pm
Bridge IMAX
6081 Center Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045

TORONTO: Dec. 7th, 6:00 pm
Scotiabank IMAX
259 Richmond St. West
Toronto, ON M5V 3M6

http://www.whysoserious.com/steprightup/register.aspx

Early reviews of the prologue can be found here:
Major spoilers alert!!!

Midnite

Anyways I went to the screening on Friday and the prologue was awesome. It doesn't really spoil the movie at all. Its 6 mins of the beginning of the movie. If you plan to go see I am Legend, pay the extra cash for the IMAX. Just make sure you call your theater to see if they have the prologue.

RTTingle

the_ultimate_evil

still dont like the make up but ledger has got the personality down perfect

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: RTTingle on December 14, 2007, 04:46:33 AM
This won't last long, be quick about it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwT8GyLxIhk

RTT

I wish they would hurry up and get those "snowblowers" on the market.  (read the title of the vid)

Cardmaster

You guys seen the new posters? :D
Glee!

-CM

TheMarvell

that first poster with Joker's back to us is pretty damn awesome :D

Figure Fan

I agree. That poster looks quite cool.

From what I saw of the bootleg trailer this movie looks incredibly sweet. Ledger's voice sounds so..sinister.

Midnite

Leaked trailer

Probably its going to be up for awhile. Love the misleading title.  :P

RTTingle

I dig Ledgers Joker so far witht he little peeks and whatnot.

Lot of flack about him copying Jack.  I don't agree.  Seems to be a difference in what they both did.  Jack did funny with a dash of creepy.  Ledger is doing creepy, with a dash of funny.

RTT

BentonGrey

Okay......the trailer looks AWESOME.  Tons of action, great stuff, Ledger's voice is OK...he's no Mark Hamill, but still, it'll work.  However, all through the trailer, all I could think was.......dang, Joker needs a freakin' shower.  He just looked NASTY.  Where 'o where is my Clown Prince of Crime!?

GogglesPizanno

So I went and saw "I am Legend" tonight (eh, it was alright, it had its moments with a weak ending) and I gotta say on the big screen the trailer is pretty impressive. I've been looking forward to it for a while (I have always loved what they did to the joker myself) and the trailer did nothing but psyche me up even more for it.

What I find funny is how many non-comic fans have no idea that its Heath Ledger playing the joker. All around us in the theater were people asking "Who is that playing the joker?"

TheMarvell

...whoa. That trailer looks damn awesome!

also, theres a new poster on SHH. It's just of Batman looking over the city though.

MJB

RTTingle

Popular opinion seems to be that sometime today (I hope!) or at worst next Sunday, we'll find the trailer here...

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/

Heh.  Cute.

Is it just me, or is anyone else really enjoying this stuff?  It's like we're being pulled into that world with all the puzzles and props.  It helps build anticipation and it just seems --- fun.

RTT

BWPS

I like the Joker in the preview even if he does look really sticky and gross. I also like the way Michael Caine talks. This looks to be a very action-packed and awesome movie. The kind that is like 2 and a half hours and when its over you're like, Man, this should've been 5 hours.

Cardmaster

Saw the preview last night before getting freaked out by I Am Legend.

I couldn't be more excited for this movie! :D :D :D :D

Bujin

There's six minutes or so of the movie online at Ain't It Cool News (it may not be there long, of course):

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35081

Figure Fan

Quote from: Bujin on December 16, 2007, 10:30:38 AM
There's six minutes or so of the movie online at Ain't It Cool News (it may not be there long, of course):

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35081

:blink: That was...so..cool.

MJB

Cardmaster

I'm torn.. part of me really wants to see that footage, but the other part reaaallly just wants to wait until I can see it for myself up on a big screen without scratchy audio...  :unsure:

-CM

|