• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Obscure Heroes

Started by Green Hornet, March 13, 2007, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

thevicious333

Has any one ever seen or can put together a couple of odd Cable/X-force/Six Pack characters, Garrison Kane and Grizzly.  Even a bionic camando type mesh and a male hulking with guns would suffice.  Thanks guys  - Joeviscious@yahoo.com

daglob

Yeah, I'd really like a Male Heavy Guns and a Male Hulking Guns.

BIG guns...

detourne_me

Texas Jack's Mister Monster,  or Gren's Cable/Bishop/Crossbones are great starts to skope larger guys with guns.

Green Hornet

More obscure Heroes: Doctor Frost, The Puppeteer, Lynx, Stardust   :rickbm

yell0w_lantern

I could almost swear that someone (Daglob?) did Stardust the Super Wizard.

kssaints

Yank and Doodle are in my 10th Yahoo Group.

doctorchallenger

daglob

Vigilante did Puppeteer, too.

By the way, some of Vigilante's links are not broken, they are misspelled. I did get his Nemesis for Male Hood Nocape-but I had to "open in new tab" and play with the URL (and I don't remember what I did to it-eliminate the '1', maybe?). I don't know why I tried it, but there was at least one other link that was mispelled-and one that was for the wrong character. I meant to write it down, but I was in a hurry.

12/06/08: Edited this. I was dead tired when I wrote it.

I remember what made me try changing the URL: the name of the URL was different than the name of the picture: Nemesis verses Nemesis1.

danhagen

Thanks for the helpful tip, Dag. I noticed that the Timely Miss America link has a dash that needs to be changed to a period. I'll play around with the others.

danhagen

Correction. It's missing the last period.

danhagen

You know, I don't think anyone has ever done Biro's Crimebuster from Boy Comics. With such a long run, he wasn't really that obscure, either.
Reference and background:
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/c/crimbust.htm

doctorchallenger

Quote from: daglob on December 05, 2008, 07:01:16 PM
I Vigilante did Puppeteer, too.

By the way, some of Vigilante's links are not broken, they are misspelled. I did get his Nemesis for Male Hood Nocape-but I had to "open in new tab" and play with the URL (and I don't relember what I did to it-eliminate the '1', maybe?). I don't know why I tried it, but there was at least one other link that was mispelled-and one that was for the wrong character. I meant to write it down, but I was in a hurry.

add a "1" after "nemesis".

Green Hornet

More obscure Heroes: Vagabond, Rainbow, Zebraman, Redblazer   :rickbm

daglob

Zebra is at (I think) CO1. Red Blazer may have already been done by Copper Age, but not in that costume.

herodad1

in the skins section check out Dynamic Designs for SCD's stardust mesh/skin.cant wait for his releases.

daglob

Quote from: herodad1 on December 14, 2008, 11:02:33 AM
in the skins section check out Dynamic Designs for SCD's stardust mesh/skin.cant wait for his releases.

I'm looking forward to those too.

bearded

were any southern knights ever done?  also, carl and larry!
Quote from: Dr.Volt on February 11, 2008, 01:17:07 PM
Quote from: danhagen on February 11, 2008, 08:19:10 AM
Speaking of Comics Interview characters, how about the Southern Knights? I don't think they've ever been done. They are Electrode, Dragon (a dragon who posed as a man), Connie (with her psychic sword) and Kristin (a sort of cheerleader Supergirl).

Holy cow!  :cool:  Does that ever take me back!  The Southern Knights!  I collected them as well.  Here's a link:  http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/sothnite.htm

They were always a lot of fun!  Connie and Dragon especially were very unitque characters imho.  Connie was an olympic level fencer as I recall whose psychic sword do any physical harm to an opponent but would just pass through them/incapacitate them with a great deal of pain.  *heh-heh*  Dragon was an actual dragon who (being a dragon) was very long lived and could shapechange into a human form.  I always liked Kristin as well in that she was a spunky-sprite girl who was also superstrong.  As I recall she would always wear a Clemson t-shirt would get enraged if it were damaged in combat.  Great stuff! 

Sure, it wouldn't suck to see them in  :ffvstr:...

Dr.Volt

Hey, I just thought of an obscure Super team that I don't think has been done.  And I can't believe I haven't thought of the them till now:  Bill Willingham's Elementals!:  http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2007/02/05/comics-you-should-own-elementals-1-5/ and http://www.comicvine.com/elementals/49-3420/

Back in the day, I collected the Elementals. The Elementals were one of the more interesting indie comics that came out the 80s.  They were always pretty edgy pushing the limit of profanity, violence, and sexual content.  But the writing was always good and the back story was great.  Interestingly some of the foes for the Elementals, the Destroyers came from an adventure for the pen and paper super hero RPG Villains and Vigilantes that Bill Willingham wrote (the adventure not the game...called Death Duel with the Destroyers).  I used to play and V&V which led to my collecting the Elementals...which I think Guardian already skinned. 

Thoughts?  Sneering remarks? 

billdamn22

Most if not all of these have been done. I believe they were done by Shrike. I know I have them, but it would take me forever to find them.

daglob

Quote from: billdamn22 on December 16, 2008, 08:20:08 AM
Most if not all of these have been done. I believe they were done by Shrike. I know I have them, but it would take me forever to find them.

The are on my list, but if someone else has done them...

... what value of "forever" are we talking about?

billdamn22

Well.....considering all my skins and meshes from FF are on multiple discs and each disc having hundreds of meshes with multiple skins to each....... It would definitely have to wait until the new year some time....

Dr.Volt

Quote from: billdamn22 on December 17, 2008, 05:19:35 AM
Well.....considering all my skins and meshes from FF are on multiple discs and each disc having hundreds of meshes with multiple skins to each....... It would definitely have to wait until the new year some time....

Fantastic!  That works for me.  No rush.  Course if Daglob wants to skin them still..... :)

bearded

Green Hornet

More obscure 1 really obscure group: Fantastic Foursome, The Raider, Gooperman  :rickbm

|