• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Obscure Heroes

Started by Green Hornet, March 13, 2007, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Dr.Volt

Quote from: The Hitman on June 26, 2008, 10:14:35 PM
I'm working (quite slowly, mind you) on The Impossibles.

I had no idea there was a comic about Meteor Man. I think I'm the only person on the planet that enjoyed that movie. He's in the works, too.

Hey Hitman, do you speak of these Impossibles?:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Impossibles_(cartoon)

And this Meteor Man (of the Galaxy Trio)?:  http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?show_id=1386

Which incidently begs the question, has anyone done Gravity Girl and Vapor Man????

If so, sweeeeeeeeet!  Now that's classic saturday morning cartoony goodness!

The Hitman

Quote from: Dr.Volt on July 02, 2008, 06:40:49 AM

I had no idea there was a comic about Meteor Man. I think I'm the only person on the planet that enjoyed that movie. He's in the works, too.

Hey Hitman, do you speak of these Impossibles?:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Impossibles_(cartoon)

And this Meteor Man (of the Galaxy Trio)?:  http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?show_id=1386

Which incidently begs the question, has anyone done Gravity Girl and Vapor Man????

Yes to those Impossibles, but no, the Meteor Man I was talking about was from an early 90's movie starring Robert Townsend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Meteor_Man_%28film%29

For some reason, I thought The Galaxy Trio had been done.

Green Hornet

Thanks Hitman for working on the Impossibles,  I thought Meteorman was a good movie like a superhero High Noon.  More of the obscure heroes: Captain Invincible, Dishman, Pizzaman, Wraith   :rickbm

daglob

The entire Galaxy Trio is now at Character Obscura II (see my sig for address).

Dr.Volt

Quote from: The Hitman on July 02, 2008, 07:35:16 AM

Yes to those Impossibles, but no, the Meteor Man I was talking about was from an early 90's movie starring Robert Townsend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Meteor_Man_%28film%29

For some reason, I thought The Galaxy Trio had been done.

Wow!  The Impossibles!  That's most excellent!  They were so much fun to watch!

And it's awesome that The Galaxy Trio was done as well, Daglob.  I can't wait to see them in the Rumble Room!

Dr.Volt

Btw, I noticed someone posted a request in this thread for the Wraith:  http://www.the-wraith.com/

But has anyone actually done the Wraith?  It was unclear to me.  Or maybe I just didn't read closely enough.  If someone is doing him...that ROCKS!  The Wraith is a cool, obscure indie character that deserves the attention imho.

Green Hornet

obscure heroes that do not exist mad with Marvel hero maker http://marvelkids.marvel.com/cyos?utm_source=&utm_medium=Btn1&utm_content=&utm_campaign=  that Carravaggio posted  Blackhawk, Blackbeauty, Kato, Justice   :rickbm

Green Hornet

more obscure heroes: Death's Dark Angel, Argoman, Alter Ego, Cazador   :rickbm

rmt

Quote from: rmt on June 05, 2008, 08:49:58 PM
Well I changed my plans and reskoped him for  :ffvstr: tonight after all.  Both versions are at the riddlemethismeshes1 yahoo group along with Black Orchid that I threw up there but am not sure if I told anyone. 

Coming soon on the (relatively) obscure side: Fiery Icer (Charlton), Iron Arms (Charlton), Undersea Agent (Tower), Raven (Tower, based more on the 80's version so I think different enough from Da Glob's excellent one), the entire Royal Flush Gang (DC), Andor (Tower), Vibraman (Tower), Whirligig (Tower), Red Dragon (Tower), and possibly others.  They're all done, I just have to decide whether to release them now or with the mod they go with (the mod is not done but should be in just a few weeks, but may be too big to have hosted).

Da Glob, if you like, I can start a different thread.  Don't want to hijack, I just figure the Few Fans of Obscurity are well assembled here, and I like rewarding them in the less public manner.   ^_^

It appears the 150 level mod, Crisis on Finite Earths, will not be publicly released.  It is already 4.82 gb with 20 levels to go and 26 Golden Age characters to be added.  It will probably compress some but not enough to make a hosting request reasonable.  It also has 600 characters and I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to track down all the various people to get permissions and credits and so on.  Like the 100 level Marvel Wars that wrapped up last spring, it will have to be disc-distributed at my cost, so that means E2 only.

I will make the above mentioned characters available through e-mail or maybe yahoo if someone really wants them.  Just send me a PM, or DaGlob has them as well if he doesn't mind trying to post them somewhere.  Mine are FF1 only; he has the FFvTTR only versions as several did not convert but I re-did them for him.  Unless they're still in my sent items box, I didn't keep those versions which is why I'm siccing people on him.   :P

Please note I'm moving in about 3 weeks so bear with me if I'm not super-responsive.  I will probably only check here every week or two at best, but I will be changing IP providers/e-mail addresses so PM will be the safest way to eventually reach me.  I'm also trying to finish the final 20 levels for the mod which is my FF time priority.  What I have left to code shouldn't be hard but will be easy to screw up as it includes random generators for Marvel Team Up, Marvel Two in One, The Brave and the Bold, etc.

Green Hornet

more obscure heroes: Scarlet Scorpion, Thunderbolt, Cabalero, Captain Freedom  :rickbm

Cyber Burn

:thumbup:   I would really like to see the Scarlet Scorpion skinned as well.

danhagen

Scarlet Scorpion from AC Comics has been done by Lord Ehmsidy, among others. I can email it to you if you like.

daglob

Atomic Thunderbolt was almost finished any way, so I completed the skin and posted him today at Character Obscura II

Green Hornet

Thanks daglob for making the Atomic Thunderbolt.  More obscure heroes: Chainsaw, Captain Atlantis, Cometa, Conqueror   :rickbm

daglob

Red Rocket has been posted at CO2.

Green Hornet

more obscure heroes: Guardian, Fauladi, Masterman, Magno   :rickbm

daglob

Guardian and Master Man are both on my list; Magno has already been done by The Vigilante.

danhagen

Copper did Master Man, and I have him for those who are interested. I will send him to you, Dag.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: danhagen on July 30, 2008, 09:50:33 AM
Copper did Master Man, and I have him for those who are interested. I will send him to you, Dag.

Do you know if that's been uploaded to the Copper Yahoo group that Kenn X created?  Quite a bit of his stuff has been re-gathered together, but I'm sure there's still stuff floating around that hasn't been added yet.

daglob

I just ransacked a couple of older mods from the Mod Graveyard, and they were chock full of Copper Age's stuff, all of it great. I was considering getting in touch with whoever statrted the Copper Wire group;s and see if it was okay to post stuff there.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: daglob on July 30, 2008, 09:11:36 PM
I just ransacked a couple of older mods from the Mod Graveyard, and they were chock full of Copper Age's stuff, all of it great. I was considering getting in touch with whoever statrted the Copper Wire group;s and see if it was okay to post stuff there.

Speaking as a former contributer, why yes it is.  It was even requested, so we can get as many of them gathered together again as we can.

danhagen

I checked, and I don't believe Master Man is in the Copper Age Yahoo groups Kenn X created. I do have it, though,

Panther_Gunn

I took another look into the Copper groups, and found a Master Man in the Marvel-Timely-Atlas comics folder, on the second group.  Don't know if it's the same one, though, as I haven't d/l'd it.

daglob

That Master Man seems to be a Nazi version of Captain America. Doing a search of the characters directory it doesn't look like THAT many skins by Copper from that mod, but there is one skin missing from the list that I know is by him, so I guess I need to look a little more. I'll try and upload everything I have as soon as I can.

daglob

Quote from: Green Hornet on July 09, 2008, 06:21:19 AM
more obscure heroes: Death's Dark Angel, Argoman, Alter Ego, Cazador   :rickbm

Little snippage, but Alter Ego is at CO2.

Scorpion13mk2

Quote from: rmt on July 13, 2008, 08:22:14 AM
Quote from: rmt on June 05, 2008, 08:49:58 PM
Well I changed my plans and reskoped him for  :ffvstr: tonight after all.  Both versions are at the riddlemethismeshes1 yahoo group along with Black Orchid that I threw up there but am not sure if I told anyone. 

Coming soon on the (relatively) obscure side: Fiery Icer (Charlton), Iron Arms (Charlton), Undersea Agent (Tower), Raven (Tower, based more on the 80's version so I think different enough from Da Glob's excellent one), the entire Royal Flush Gang (DC), Andor (Tower), Vibraman (Tower), Whirligig (Tower), Red Dragon (Tower), and possibly others.  They're all done, I just have to decide whether to release them now or with the mod they go with (the mod is not done but should be in just a few weeks, but may be too big to have hosted).

Da Glob, if you like, I can start a different thread.  Don't want to hijack, I just figure the Few Fans of Obscurity are well assembled here, and I like rewarding them in the less public manner.   ^_^

It appears the 150 level mod, Crisis on Finite Earths, will not be publicly released.  It is already 4.82 gb with 20 levels to go and 26 Golden Age characters to be added.  It will probably compress some but not enough to make a hosting request reasonable.  It also has 600 characters and I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to track down all the various people to get permissions and credits and so on.  Like the 100 level Marvel Wars that wrapped up last spring, it will have to be disc-distributed at my cost, so that means E2 only.

I will make the above mentioned characters available through e-mail or maybe yahoo if someone really wants them.  Just send me a PM, or DaGlob has them as well if he doesn't mind trying to post them somewhere.  Mine are FF1 only; he has the FFvTTR only versions as several did not convert but I re-did them for him.  Unless they're still in my sent items box, I didn't keep those versions which is why I'm siccing people on him.   :P

Please note I'm moving in about 3 weeks so bear with me if I'm not super-responsive.  I will probably only check here every week or two at best, but I will be changing IP providers/e-mail addresses so PM will be the safest way to eventually reach me.  I'm also trying to finish the final 20 levels for the mod which is my FF time priority.  What I have left to code shouldn't be hard but will be easy to screw up as it includes random generators for Marvel Team Up, Marvel Two in One, The Brave and the Bold, etc.

Well those huge mods sound totally cool, but I totally understnad it being nearly impossible to distribute them conventionally.

Any chance of putting them in a torrent, perhaps? Thats a good way to move huge files like that around.

UnkoMan

Quebec's own Angloman! Plus sidekick, West Island Lad, and sometimes partner Poutinette.

Green Hornet

more obscure heroes: Cybersix, Cranio, Eternity Smith, Stunningwoman   :rickbm

detourne_me

daglob

Quote from: detourne_me on August 12, 2008, 09:43:27 AM
i second cybersix!

Yeah, I kinda like the way she looks too. Scope a witches hat on a VX Female mesh?

Waitaminit... maybe one of Beyonder's "Feamle Hair" mehses instead...

|