• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Obscure Heroes

Started by Green Hornet, March 13, 2007, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

GhostMachine

Isn't Lash Lightning also known as Lightning Man? I recognize the costume but the name Lash Lightning doesn't sound familiar....

Panther_Gunn

Vigilante has him listed as Lightning, with "Lash" in the description.

I tried the link, and it seemed to be downloadable, but I didn't actually d/l it.

Green Hornet

Here is an obscure group: The Miracles (Thermo, Reflex, Misfit, Manlet, Klank, Wizard, Una, Prof.   :rickbm

History: "In a small Midwestern town stands a singularly nondescript old house.
The town is remarkable for it's quiet - in fact, for its lack of any sign of
human habitation. Perhaps it is the occasional explosion heard in the vicinity,
or maybe its the nose cone protruding from the roof... In any case its been a
long time since anyone has ventured to ring the doorbell under the
sign...Miracles, Inc."
(Unearthly Spectaculars #2, Miracles Inc.) When an intruder manages to easily
circumvent their high-tech defense systems and penetrate their base, the members
of Miracles, Inc, try to take him down. However he swiftly defeats each of them
individually, before confronting the team's leader, The Professor, to explain he
has come to join. However he makes the mistake of referring to himself as the
"most powerful" person there, which incites the Professor to kick his butt
(literally). The Wizard is allowed to join, but he will have to earn his place
on the team, starting with doing menial jobs round their base.

Lionheart

Cross-post from the release forum (because I forgot to post it here):

Now at Character Obscura, another great mesh from Yell0w Lantern: The Knight Watchman (Big Bang Comics)

Skin by Lionheart

Green Hornet

Nice Knight Watchman Lionheart!
More Obscure heroes: Redblazer, Maniac 5, Sonambulo

Redblazer: Scientist Dr.Morgan develops "Astro-Pyro Rays", which he uses to grant superhuman powers to a cowboy named Ted. Using his new abilities, Ted becomes the superhero Red Blazer. Shortly after this, he gains a sidekick Sparky, who eventually gains similar powers.

Maniac 5: When flesh eating aliens invade the Earth, war veteran Frank Bullock has his consciousness transferred into a robot war suit to fight them. After the war finished, he discovered that his life had no purpose any more. His wife had remarried, and the military began to see him as a nuisance. Deciding to remove him once and for all, they unleashed the supposedly unstoppable Maniac 6 on him. Frank stood no chance...until he managed to transfer his mind into it, and used it's own teleportation powers to send it to the centre of the Earth.

Sonambulo: After achieving much fame as a wrestler, he was approached by a local mob with the intent of extorting money from him and other special services. Around the same time, he was suffering from a strange sleeping disorder. After refusing the gangsters demands, he was brutally beaten, shot, and left for dead. Instead of dying, he fell into a form of deep hibernation only to awake decades later having the power to see other people's dreams and the uncanny ability to go without sleep. Using his new-found powers, Sonámbulo became a private detective against the supernatural underworld of the night.

daglob

I'm pretty sure Coppr Age has done Captain Red Blazer ('cause I'm pretty sure that's where I got my copy), and I've got Miracles Inc. on my list. Klank is going to need his own mesh, though. Maniac 5 SHOULD have his own mesh, but he might do alright on Male Heavy Noface or the Crossbones mesh.
Somnambulo is also on my list, right behind Santos and the Mexican Mummy.

Green Hornet

more Big Bang obscure heroes: Shadowhawk, Mightyman, The Beacon  :rickbm

electro

C6 made Mighty Man - Not sure if it's avalible anywhere thow :blink:

yell0w_lantern

A Beacon mesh is on my to-do list. There was a Shadowhawk done from Taskmaster at one point but I can't find it.
That Mighty Man skin is available at the Freedom Fortress.

Green Hornet

More Big Bang obscure characters: The Sphinx, The Badge, The Absolute  :rickbm

rmt

Did the Raven (THUNDER Agents) ever get finished/released?  I'm looking for him, Undersea Agent, and Vulcan to complete my lineup.

Great thread by the way.  Character Obscura has joined Vigilante and Copper Wire as my favorite sites.

daglob

Quote from: rmt on January 26, 2008, 06:52:47 PM
Did the Raven (THUNDER Agents) ever get finished/released?  I'm looking for him, Undersea Agent, and Vulcan to complete my lineup.

Great thread by the way.  Character Obscura has joined Vigilante and Copper Wire as my favorite sites.

Thank you; those are two of my favorite skinners, too. Have you tried The Phantom Stranger's Yahoo Group?

I have a half-done version of Raven that I quit when I decided that I didn't like the mesh it was on. So far as I know, no one else has ever done that much (I hope I'm wrong and somebody corrects me; I've been a TA fan for 40 years). UNDERSEA Agent might not be all that hard to do... Maybe I can squeeze him in between Miracles Inc. and The Galaxy Trio...

Green Hornet

The one you have been waiting for.  That obscure Group of Teen Titans The Whiz Kids  :rickbm

UnkoMan

Wow... That (apparent) leader kid could be a young Rogue.

yell0w_lantern

Thunder Girl needs some more animation and a proper skin but she will appear... eventually.

phantom stranger

Quote from: GhostMachine on September 13, 2007, 10:54:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that Copper Age did a Captain Battle skin.

Actually that was me
I did Capt Battle and Capt Battle Jr. in the dim and distant past

daglob

Quote from: phantom stranger on January 31, 2008, 06:03:48 AM
Quote from: GhostMachine on September 13, 2007, 10:54:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that Copper Age did a Captain Battle skin.

Actually that was me
I did Capt Battle and Capt Battle Jr. in the dim and distant past

Yes you did, and they are quite nice.

Jakew

rmt

Quote from: daglob on January 26, 2008, 09:20:02 PM

Thank you; those are two of my favorite skinners, too. Have you tried The Phantom Stranger's Yahoo Group?

I have a half-done version of Raven that I quit when I decided that I didn't like the mesh it was on. So far as I know, no one else has ever done that much (I hope I'm wrong and somebody corrects me; I've been a TA fan for 40 years). UNDERSEA Agent might not be all that hard to do... Maybe I can squeeze him in between Miracles Inc. and The Galaxy Trio...

I have been checking out Phantom Stranger's stuff, although I'm struggling with trying to figure out what meshes to use and/or where to get them.  For example, I'm not seeing anything that tells me what mesh Wildfire (Quality) goes on.  Is she just for female longhair or one of the other meshes that uses female_longhair.tga files.

I've also picked up a Green Lama somewhere along the way and can't figure out where I got it or what mesh it was for.  Thought I'd mention it here as the readers of this thread are the most likely to know.   ^_^

Green Hornet

More of the Big Bang obscure heroines: The Beacon, Venus,  Ladybug  :rickbm

:sahweet

daglob

Quote from: rmt on February 02, 2008, 09:21:34 PM
Quote from: daglob on January 26, 2008, 09:20:02 PM

I have been checking out Phantom Stranger's stuff, although I'm struggling with trying to figure out what meshes to use and/or where to get them.  For example, I'm not seeing anything that tells me what mesh Wildfire (Quality) goes on.  Is she just for female longhair or one of the other meshes that uses female_longhair.tga files.

I've also picked up a Green Lama somewhere along the way and can't figure out where I got it or what mesh it was for.  Thought I'd mention it here as the readers of this thread are the most likely to know.   ^_^

I believe that Wildfire just goes on regular Female Longhair, and The Green Lama goes on Male Basic Cape Pointed Hood by The Beyonder. Wildfire really needs some flaming effects, though.

rmt

Thanks Da Glob!   :thumbup:

UnkoMan

Green Hornet

Thanks, excellent Rocketman  :rickbm

daglob

danhagen

I've just been playing with the new Rocketman, teamed with other AC characters. Fun!

Dr.Volt

Quote from: Jakew on January 31, 2008, 07:48:27 PM
If someone managed to skin a few of these Aussie superheroes, I'll be stoked. Erm ... crikey!

Dark Nebula

Nightfighter

Green and gold costume http://www.tabula-rasa.info/AusComics/DavidDeVries.html#Squadron and http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/n/nitefite.htm

Southern Cross

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/sothcros.htm

Grandstander

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/g/grndstnd.htm

Golden Age Southern Cross

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/sothcro1.htm

Dingo

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/d/dingo.htm

Here-here!  I would LOVE to see the Southern Squadron!!!  I used to collect them years ago.  A really great tongue in cheek Aussie comic!

Jakew

Me too! I was pretty young though. The above issue of Dark Nebula (with what appears to be a tennis ball in his pants) was my entry point into the series.

Green Hornet

More obscure heroes Magnaman, Captain Valor, Zenith  :rickbm

danhagen

Speaking of Comics Interview characters, how about the Southern Knights? I don't think they've ever been done. They are Electrode, Dragon (a dragon who posed as a man), Connie (with her psychic sword) and Kristin (a sort of cheerleader Supergirl).

|