• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Turok: Son of Stone - animated dvd

Started by detourne_me, April 09, 2008, 07:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

Did anybody else watch this?
It's got the same animation style as X-men Evolution or the iron man straight to video, but man is it ever graphically violent...  seriously,  headshots, limbs removed etc.
good thing blood plays a significant theme in the story.
not too bad, but not great either in my book, a solid hour and a half of cartoon entertainment :D

zuludelta

I rented this the day it came out. It was okay for what it was and considering some of the hurdles the production team had to go through, I think screenwriter Tony Bedard, in the special features (or was it on a CBR interview?) said that the budget for the film was slashed partway through production.

Still, it's sort of hard to come up with who they were making this animated feature for. It's far too gory and violent for children but the plot would be unsophisticated by even a 12-year old's standards, and it's different enough from the original Gold Key version of the character that it might not have the nostalgia factor going for it. On the plus side, at least it wasn't even remotely related to the Valiant/Acclaim version of the character or the video games.

Despite my qualms, though, I'm glad this thing got made and I hope it does better in sales and rentals... its success can only open the doors for other animated features showcasing comic book heroes not from the Big Two.