News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Lady Death

Started by SickAlice, September 09, 2022, 03:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Lady Death began years ago as an idea to make a way for skinners to make complicated women's clothing just using textures and alpha channels as well some ideas for hairstyles I tossed around. The character came up and I thought was good subject matter given a wide variety of costumes the character is depicted in. The nif is overwhelming and too big for game play, will also crash the memory of CTool2 with excessive texture directories and is otherwise just for skoping parts and display. The nif is contained in the first download on the page. Also inside is a lite version that is cut down for use in game as well as a starting point for skopes.

The page is otherwise filled with a variety of texture packs to show you the different ways you can change the costume and style just using textures and alpha channels. The body is a tailored version of Gren/JP's female. The flat boot type feet can be alpha'd out and there are replacement bare feet that can be fully textured (see skin packs). It comes with a wide variety of hair, grommets, spikes, decor, clothing and weapons. I covered most of her signature weapons and looks through the ages and then some. I modified the keyframes to include spinning "chainblade" melee for when those types of weapons are alpha'd on. There are also a wide variety of objects (that can also be altered through the texture in most cases) that Lady Death will hold up in the air when her special animation plays. Among them is a fully animated replica of Lady Death's hourglass with pouring sand inside of it. Lady Death and the texture packs can be downloaded on my site at the following page.

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/ladydeath.html

deanjo2000

Fantastic work, so much effort and its really paid off.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

spydermann93

holy crap, that's a LOT of skins and meshes! Probably more than your Spider-Man pack!

Insane stuff, SA! Insane and awesome!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Podmark

WOW! This must have been a real passion project. Really amazing seeing all the different variations.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

It really was a passion project. Again a thing that's happened of the course of years. The research end was the fun part. Believe me there was no Lady Death related content I did not end up going through. I found a community in the process. Lady Death is well known outside of the comic book readership and the artist circles, particularly the professional painters. I ended up chatting up and befriending several of them as a result. My hopes is it pays off in that this solves a lot of standing request issues for different parts for female based costumes. I think skinners especially should be able to understand how to use the alpha channels to create different shapes and such after looking at the examples I provided and make just about any design. This is additionally a love letter to our friend daglob as the character was originally for his request and I'm glad to finally honor that. I'm really looking forward to seeing what anyone makes of it. As always if anyone needs pointers on how to use any of it or say extract parts (I know there was an interest in the swords and guitars) and use them on some other nif feel free to ask me. I did supply a good amount of base textures and such otherwise to work with, likewise the extra textures are also guidelines themselves.

I'm glad you brought up Spider-man. I was never pleased with that. It was more a quick solution so users could have a wide variety of Spider-man costumes and came from excitement about a few Spider-man games that came out the time. But it's not convenient, too high poly, has an abnormal texture and isn't conformed to male basic. So I've been working on a new, cleaner version in the meantime. As with most stuff between the site host changing and my personal life priorities, that being moving to a house in the desert there's going to be about a four month lapse there. I had put some previews in my site page here. It will be easier to grab and texture for skinners as well more cumbersome for anyone that wants to skope with it. I also have a few Spider-man related characters nearing completion. Any that showed up in the Spider-Mobile I released will also have full character nifs (I had to finish most of that work to make them for the Spider-Mobile, same as I have to finish the Turtles and April for the Party Wagon). Glad this stuff is useful as well.

WyldFyre

If you never made anything else, that Lady Death is amazing!  What a trove of skins and meshes. Truly a great homage to the character and a labor of love!

Thank you for this contribution.
For Freedom!

SickAlice

Thank you, seriously. It was also that much fun to do. Well, a long time and sometimes tedious but otherwise I learned a lot both about this character and methods to use in modelling, texturing and these games along the way. Many other things I released over the years sprung from this same project. And man, there is a lot of great Lady Death artwork and so many top notch artists that contribute to it (and yes I acquired and read every single Lady Death comic including cross-overs too in the course of this). I felt guilty having to be selective and over the ones I left out if anything because I just didn't have that kind of time or energy to take it that far. Though again the real gift to me is looking forward to what anyone uses any of this for. If I even see a scythe show up somewhere it's going to make me smile.

crosspotts1.0

Ooh yay can't wait till I have some time to 0lay with he thank you so much