Scripted Melee, Area and and Ranged Attacks Question

Started by Miraitto, September 04, 2022, 06:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miraitto

Has anyone ever done this on :ffvstr:?

Is there a full step by step tutorial to make attack commands on FFX3?

mac402

If you just want to use powers in the cutscenes EZ Script has a command for that. Check out it's documentation.
As for adding custom commands to characters via script, FFX does that all the time. Never seen a tutorial but take a look how Trigger_Power, addCommand and addCommandChars are used.

Miraitto

I remember there was someone who did a wrestling grapple move using FFX but I never got to look at his script. Would you happen to have any idea who did that script? And if possible post it here.

mac402

Grapple swap script comes with FFX. Using it is pretty easy. You add a line to FFX_CARRIERS at the end of ffxcustom.py (or you can use FFX control center to do it for you).

Examplary usage:
FFX_CARRIERS=[
["bane","energysurge","grapple","all"],
]

When a character called bane uses attack that does energy surge effect it instead will perform grapple.
FFX has a manual that explains all the different kind of swaps possible.
You should pick a suitable animation that will look like wrestling.

Miraitto

Is it ranged powers only? or also applicable on melee and area attacks.

mac402

Ranged and Melee works. Area and Direct attacks don't.

Miraitto

That's too bad. I was hoping Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy can root opponents with an area attack with custom fx. But at least ranged and melee works.

mac402

You can imitate an area attack by a combination of homing, chained and flight spawn projectile. For FX you could use one with start and end, but no core nif.

Miraitto

That would look a bit off. I wanted it to start at the center of the character while the vines spread. And everyone in the circle getting tangled as it grows.

Maybe a simple stun would be best. Without swap of course.