Requesting: Combo Attributes pre-made file and Customforce for FFv3R

Started by storm.Fantasy, June 27, 2022, 10:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storm.Fantasy

Back into this Game; So Much Missing

Like many, I had an external hard drive bust on me. I had so many meshes, mods, and utilities on that thing for games. Including for Freedom Force and FFv3R.

I'm playing FFv3R again. And it just doesn't have that swing without combo attributes and customforce. I think I'm getting the hang of making my own combos again, but Customforce is a must. The one where you get to play your own hero for each missions.
(I'd prefer the more extensive one- You were able to even play the Diablo with the WWII heroes Mission/Level with your own custom characters. The one where SkyKing fixes his shiz while you do all the work, iirc.)

I've searched the internet and this site without luck. The internet isn't much help, and this site's forum-search hits result in dead links 100% of the time so far.

If anyone has either of these files I would be incredibly grateful and elated.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

kidnasty

Are you adding to the combo attributes or you need them?  Do you have ffx3 installed?

I am also looking for son of customforce for  :ffvstr:

storm.Fantasy

Hey kidnasty,
I'm requesting combo attributes. I think it's something I could re-learn, but I'd prefer not to. My brain isn't what it used to be, literally. And messing with python still makes me anxious.
Yep, I've got the whole shebang of traditional add-ons, including ffx3.3.  :)

kidnasty

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bo0jhz2qm1k1lti/attrib.rar

These are what I have recently customized.  I use notepad++ for python editing.  The combos live in the ffxmulti.py. 
Create the attrib in FFedit, add combo to ffxmulti, add comdo description to strings.txt.  Then generate language file from ffedit. 

The ffx3 manual has more detailed instructions for combination attributes.

Hope this helps...

BentonGrey

Combo attributes are the simplest thing in the world, and you don't really have to mess with python.  You literally just write the attributes you want (using the names in FFEdit) in a list in the right document, and then you add an attribute to FFEdit to represent them.  It's one of the first modding things I ever did.  It's a great way to ease back in.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

kidnasty

@Benton, Welcome Back.

I just followed this:  http://www.fundamentzero.com/ffx3/manual/index.htm (custom attrib section) and they all work properly.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

kidnasty

I used it to add some combos from both the DCUG and MA to my test mod.  Once you get it down its easy.  Notepad++ worked best for my editing.

storm.Fantasy

Thank you so much, kidnasty!! Much appreciated.
Good to know BentonGrey. For some reason I remember more steps, but I recently realized it's been several years since I've played. It's so great to see all you awesome modders and artists still around.

kidnasty

I am still learning too.  I have a very nice collection of voices for characters if you are interested...  I separated the character and object.dat files for just those items to make it easier for merging.  The speech.txt file has also been tweaked.

storm.Fantasy

Just wanted to pop in and give an update. I've looked so many places over the summer to see if maybe I backed up "Son of Customforce" other than the drive that got toasted, but to no avail  :banghead:. I went "old school" and even checked some old discs. It's just too bad it's potentially lost to the ages as the replayability severely goes down for me without it.

hmarrs

I'm sorry but can someone help me.I just recently got back into FF after an almost 8 year Hiatus"Please what is Combo Attributes and Cutomeforce"

storm.Fantasy

Combo Attributes combine different Freedom Force Attributes, especially from Freedom Force X, into ONE Attribute. This is for two reasons, 1) Mainly it allows you to go beyond the limited amount (5) of Attributes for any given character; 2) For those who want to create a theme of Attributes for a character, like "Classic Superman".
Custom Force and Custom Force X are for Freedom Force, and Son of Custom Force is for Freedom Force Versus the 3rd Reich. They allow you to place your created custom heroes in missions instead of the default heroes created by the game. Normally, many missions down the line you are able to add your custom hero to a roster of game-original characters. One, maybe two, per mission. Custom Force allows you to place ALL of your heroes in every slot for every mission. As a for instance, in the first mission of Freedom Force you must play MinuteMan through the level, instead you can play Mega-HMarrs in MinuteMan's place.
Lastly, Welcome back! FF1&2 are literally in my top five favorite games of all time.

eluvium

storm.Fantasy

Yep! Well, I mean, technically there is. I've replayed FFv3R with it many times. But it seems the community's having a bit of trouble locating a copy that isn't on inaccessible storage.

Omegaprime

:thumbup: son of customforce is also on my acquisition list. Can't find it anywhere.

GogglesPizanno