News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Making Ai fights More Random

Started by bungs2001, June 26, 2022, 08:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bungs2001

Hi All,

I was looking for some tweaks on making ai fight in m25 ai watch mode a little bit more random, i seem to have a lot of grouping in huddles on fights. I didnt know if i had to tweak all my hero files or something :-)

BentonGrey

Yeah, I tend to get that as well.  Presumably if you customize the AI, vary the tactics and the targets, you could cut down on that.  I don't know enough about the subject to give specific advice, I'm afraid.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

mac402

There are several factor deciding on what powers to use. One is the position in the list, the higher up on the list, it will be decided upon first. Another is the priority, the higher it is means it will take precedence over other tactics - these are important for things like spending hero points or other high priority actions. Then is the percentile chance (pct) to use said tactic - this is probably what you want to edit. By default they are either 100% or 50% depending on the tactic. You could lower them so there is less chance of using one tactic just because it is higher on the list.

oktokels

Quote from: bungs2001 on June 26, 2022, 08:30:26 AM
Hi All,

I was looking for some tweaks on making ai fight in m25 ai watch mode a little bit more random, i seem to have a lot of grouping in huddles on fights. I didnt know if i had to tweak all my hero files or something :-)

You need to check the .m25ai files located in the Heroes folder. You can open them with a text editor. Read them very carefully, and you'll eventually be able to understand how to tweak the AI. More info here:

http://ffx.freedomforceforever.com/manual/ai/ai.htm

bungs2001

Hi Guys,

Massive thank you for the input i will have a play and see what happens :-)