News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

help

Started by hmarrs, May 26, 2022, 09:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmarrs

Downloaded Ctool 2
can some one tell me how to make all meshses availiabe I know their is way to open all meshses I just don't remember how

spydermann93

Mine shows all Data>Art>Library>Characters and all Custom>Art>Library>Characters. Not sure if it can show more than that, but the Help in the Character Tool might explain it.

hmarrs

SickAlice

Like the Editor you get two directories to assign, one is the common and then whatever else you want (say you're working on a mod). In the bottom right corner there's a navigation button, three dots to click. Or manually type it in. Whatever those two directories say is where CTool2 looks.

Tip about CTool2 ahead of use:
- CTool and 2 do not render the same way does. Don't trust that things will look in game other than the Character editor how they look in CTool. It's for preview purposes only. This comes into play with transferred animations. You can transfer almost any animation to anything else and it will work in CTool but in game it won't be selectable.

- CTool is an independent program and doesn't need the game to work. This means if you want to you can download the CTool for  :ff:, make a new directory for it and use it to say look at unconverted Nifs from the first game if you some need for it.

- CTool isn't the friendliest program for working on animations. But there is a a window called Key Info that reads a file inside any animation called NiTextKeyExtra. This will point out what exact time anything important happens, like when the character makes Contact with another object in game (hits it), picks something up (touches it), makes Contact with the ground (picks up or falls down), Leaves and Contacts the ground (jump, fly), moves to ground level (crouches down, picks up object). Paying attention will save a lot of work making custom animations.

- CTool2 can display anything, not just characters. Say and FX or an object you are working in game. Valandar made a keyframe set that was broken for his Bumblebee character that works with any Nif. All you need to do is make a copy of the Nif in a folder in your character directory that CTool looks at, rename it to character.nif, put a copy of those keyframes in the folder with it and put it's textures in a folder called standard inside a folder called skins and CTool2 will be able to display the Nif so you can preview it outside the game. In face I've gotten files from games that aren't Freedom Force to show up in CTool2 with this trick. I know you're working on making map objects so I thought might need this. Here's a packaged and pre-converted copy of those keyframes.
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/temp/ValsBBCarKeyframes.rar

hmarrs

Awesome great thanks.
My only question on Ctool2.
Is that the Ctool2 ,"Edit"
Doesnt seem Functional do you know what I might be muissing?
I thought I was missing the Proper Paint Program like one,that works with "dds".
Yet even upon having the,Proper paint Program it still is not functional for me.
Any ideas?

SickAlice

Just open the image files with the art program itself, you don't need to open with CTool. Mine isn't functional either, I assume that's handled in a settings file somewhere and is only a shortcut to the same art program that one manually adds? Since it isn't needed I never bothered with it.

hmarrs

Yes.
I remember it worked for me once upon a time years ago when I first had it installed.
It's just more covenant going back and forth.