News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

I've got this...

Started by jackhart1967, May 18, 2022, 04:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackhart1967

Hi all,

So, I have a Giant Man mesh (not sure who made it) that is a great size (meaning it's not nearly as tall as some) & it came (to me) with multiple skins. Only one of those skins has the antennae that shows up when I use it in game. So, I added a new skin to it, fixed the dds problem with it not showing up in game, but it has the antennae now (the other skins still don't), anyone know how to make those damn things NOT show up when I use this skin on this mesh?

(Oh, and the skin itself does NOT have antennae, just in case that wasn't clear.) 

oktokels

The skin of the antennae must be totally transparent for it to be invisible in game. I think it's called giant02.dds. Or just copy one that is already transparent from the other folders.

SickAlice

It sounds like Gren's? His, Toms (more than one, _t and _tv I think) and TJ. TJ is the one with second skins oktokels is talking about but Gren's "with multiple skins and only one with antenna". First you may have a skope if there are actual modelled antenna. Grens original piece is at Force Of Paradox in the Avengers section (below link) and it matches what your saying. In this case there is no antenna, there is only a body and a hair piece that is on a texture called Extras. The visibility is determined by the alpha channel on that texture of course. One texture, the standard one "has antenna". It actually doesn't though, those are just drawn on the texture. So if this is the mesh and I think it is you just have redo the texture and get rid of the antenna then.

http://forceofparadox.byethost31.com/grenadier_one.html

jackhart1967